Forum › Posts by triviabingo

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

On the bottom of this page
Isn't Senri talking? So should it say "because you're precious to me, Chiru-san."?

Or do I just have it backwards?

On this page, https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/isnt_the_moon_beautiful_ch06#24
Shouldn’t it be the other way around?

Yeah I think there's some translation errors

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Pretty good so far, I always enjoy these 'literal who' x 'most popular girl in school' pairings. Only thing I'm worried about is the subtext part. Y'all says it get's gayer but there's always a chance that it'll get gayer but never actually become gay.

last edited at Apr 11, 2018 2:48AM

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Death flags are raised very high up but somehow I don't feel like Granite is gonna die. Or maybe she will but she revives as an undead like that skeleton soldier from the demon king palace. And they'll pull some bullshit as to why her body doesn't turn into a skeleton and her memories intact

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

And here I thought 'Bloom into you' was slow af

Well this is a gag manga. I'm treating this as a yuri comedy (as in the yuri part is used purely for comedy purposes) and am not expecting any development at all and y'all should probably too because if you expect any development in this series you can probably expect dissapointment. After all, while she doesn't seem to be homophobic, Komaki haven't even shown any indication or interest on being gay in the first place.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I can't express how glad I am that the girl at the end of ch3 wasn't a love triangle

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Maybe they will pair the little sis with Kayo? unfortunately unlikely since she's probably just a plot tool to reveal Senri's supposed bad past (the typical "I'm glad to see her smiling again because she was never this happy anymore after xxx happened" plot tool)
Idk I just want her to get a pairing. I feel sad that she's stuck as a third wheel when she's the most competent of the three.

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Well at the start at the start the dialogue it's shown from the short hair girl's POV of her unrecruited feelings but in the last panel the way the long hair girl stares at short hair girl implies that the unrecruited feelings and the "I just want her to smile" dialogue belongs to her so my interpretation of the story is that either this is one of those twist stories where short hair's POV is shown at the start and monologue of unrecruited feelings are shown but then revealed in the end that the unrecruited feelings monologue are the long hair girl's monologue all along not the short hairs, or this is one of those both thinking of the exact same thing kind of stories where the monologue is both long hair's molologue and short hair's monologue so it's a scenario of mutual "unrecruited feelings".

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Wait, wait, wait a minute. Rika sensei is her ex right? Didn't they say she commited suicide? Or am I mixing this up with another series?

EDIT: Nevermind I just reread ch8. I must've missed that chapter somehow.

last edited at Mar 9, 2018 8:40AM

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

lmao all the guys turns out to be yuri lovers too. Funny short oneshot, though imo it would've been funnier if they did a twist and after doing you-know-what Anzu turns out to be the top one after all.

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

At this point, this is just me trying to deny the fact that Tsubasa might like guys, or might have gone out with a guy.

Your mind is just tainted by all the manga and doujins you read. These Japanese comic books do often overexaggerate whenever one of their girls is revealed to have an ex, usually by either making the ex an NTR villain or continuously emphasizing that said girl is stained. This causes weebs like us to believe that if a girl have an ex lover (especially if she's not a virgin), said girl is leftover used goods. In reality, there's nothing wrong with an 18 years old girl having dated someone before.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Well there's two way this series can go now. Either Junior-chan actually dies or magical yuri plot armor saves the day. I don't know which one would I prefer. I don't want Junior-chan to die but I just know that if we go down the magical yuri plot armor route it'll be some very stupid bullshit inb4 Junior-chan was also a vampire all along. Well for now all I'm hoping is that if we do go down the death route, Vampire-senpai won't pull out some unessecary Romeo-Juliet drama and be like "if you die I'm dying with you" or something stupid.

The chibi gags sandwiched between tragic drama isn't working for me it just feels so dissonant.

I actually like it. IMO It's a good way to potray that Junior-chan isn't just saying all that stuff to make Senpai or herself feel better and that Junior-chan genuinely doesn't really care about her inevitable death in 1 year. Especially the fact that the chibi drama was all Junior-chan's doing emphasizes that this is only tragic for Senpai and not to Junior-chan.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

plot device-kun is a good person

triviabingo
1 x ½ discussion 27 Feb 05:30
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Well glad that there's no drama after all for now

Let's just hope that smile in the end is just she's planning to tease them tommorow or something and not some convoluted ntr rape masterplan or something

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Age gap where one of them is a loli/child is the best

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

This story is from almost 4 years ago, it doesn't have a sequel.

Thank god. There's a lot of things that can go wrong in the sequel with this Kodama sensei

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Ah I really like Rokuroichi's artstyle, especially the lips where it looks thick (as if they're wearing lipsticks) instead of just a single line like most artists do. Really appeals to my lip fetish.

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Well that's one way to fit all the drama to the ending, by removing it entirely.
Well I never expected much from this series so it's fine

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Enjoyed this short cute oneshot but this trope, the "Some random asshole is confessing his/her love to my crush and I don't want to hear the answer" trope, I don't really like it, the "I don't wanna hear the answer" part in particular.

JUST LET US SEE THE FACE OF THE ASSHOLE AFTER HE/SHE GOT REJECTED GODDAMNIT. WHY DOES THESE TYPE OF STORIES NEVER GIVE US THE PLEASURE OF SEEING THE 3RD PERSON'S CRYING FACE OF REJECTION. MOST OF THESE TYPE OF STORIES HAVE THE AUTHOR WENT ALL THE WAY TO MAKE THE 3RD PERSON BEING A PRICK (probably to avoid making the readers think stuff like "MC's crush x 3rd Person is a better pairing than MC x Crush" or something) BUT THEY NEVER BOTHERED PLEASING THE READER BY GIVING US A FRONT ROW SEAT OF THE SCUMBAG GETTING BTFO BUT INSTEAD THE REJECTION SCENE ALWAYS HAPPEN OFFSCREEN BECAUSE MUH MC DON'T WANNA HEAR THE ANSWER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

We don't know the details about Makino's divorce yet so that's probably going to be revealed in the next chapter along with the drama (Doujima Minoru is almost definitely her ex husband), the drama resolved with the power of yuri, and they finally getting together. It's been heavily implied throughout the series that Makino's strict and unfriendly behavior is because of the divorce thing, so a post-dating scene where either Makino shown being less strict to her colleagues or still being strict but Makoto tries to help her being less strict is probably going to be needed as well. All those jammed into 1 last chapter? Definitely going to be rushed unless the chapter will be longer than usual.
If the author decided to include one maybe the post-dating scene can be placed on a chapter 5.5 bonus chapter or omake which will help not having too much things going on in the last chapter..

triviabingo
Yurucamp discussion 10 Feb 12:08
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

can someone translate the last panel pls

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I'm sorry. This one just feels dead to me. Meeting after 4 years with only a fake identity, that somehow persisted for that long without suspicion, and a comic to connect them.

Their relationship overall may have evolved though the false personality, but the imprinting of her romantic love never went there. The romance went through their true personalities. They did not evolve their relationship through these.

And with their lives each evolving, and their romantic relationship stagnant or shattered into remnants, depending on the discipline of the love's holder, there will be shock and a decision will need to be made on their future together.

This is why I like Korrasami. They rebuild their relationship from what was left from the three year drift.

Well it's a oneshot (or a 2shot because this is a sequel? Though this story works standalone as well) so you can't expect too much development and relationship progress. "Haven't seen you in a long time but I still have feelings for you" type of relationships in particular will almost always feel rushed in oneshots, especially ones that ends in sex like this one. Only times where it wouldn't feel rushed is either if the author adds a timeskip somewhere in the middle of if it's one of those 50+ pages oneshot.

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Lack of angst, drama or love triangle tags makes the identity of Hachiware very predictable, but I'm not gonna complain for the lack of unnessecary drama. Simple, Straightforward and Cute is the way I like it.

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

The story of a future married couple

Always nice to see a story that confirmes they will be yuri instead of having us praying it isn't bait/subtext.

Well the premise is laid out, Honori implied to be in love with Chisaki while Chisaki's mindset is still too childish to probably think about love. Not much going on this chapter but it has potential, I'll wait and see. Let's just hope there's more chapters after their inevitably start going out instead of being one of those series that ends when they start going out.

triviabingo
1 x ½ discussion 06 Feb 19:28
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Well this new short chapter somewhat implies that Ayako might also starting to have weird feelings for Asuka, which is good news I guess. Though the cold means there's a possibility that Asuka might not get the chance to meet Akira or only briefly meet her and not realize she's a love rival (assuming that Akira is gay too ofc, which is still a mystery atm). Dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I've seen enough SoL comedy to know where this is going. They will continue this comedy trope for 1 million chapters where Hishikawa will try a different strategy every chapter and zero relationship progress apart from the narrator stating Hishikawa is closer to success every once in a while but nothing changes in the following chapters anyways. Depending on the authors decision, will either end up with a bunch of pointless side characters that barely exist anymore past their introduction chapter (appear once every 20 chapters or so) or will be one of those series where these two will pretty much be the only cast. Once the author had run out of ideas the series will end in a 2 chapter arc where the first chapter is forced unnessecary drama and the second chapter (series finale) will end with the drama resolved and they finally start dating. Then they will share a kiss and the series will end in a last gag where Hishikawa want to have sex after the kiss since they're finally going out but Komaki refuses anyways.

will still read though