Forum › Posts by badnat

badnat
1 x ½ discussion 03 Jun 16:42
joined Jan 10, 2017

The mangaka is doing really well with this. No cheap ways out; misunderstandings don't go over the top. Mystery girl from the past adds a new dimension to everything.

badnat
joined Jan 10, 2017

Confused. "Big" as in "adult", right? Both characters approximate chibi proportions, so it's not clear either character's combination of height and weight dimensions satisfies the standards for "Big Girl" classification, at least by the American definition.

Obviously big as in not a little child. It's a little kid's park ride.

last edited at May 29, 2018 12:54AM

joined Jan 10, 2017

I've heard that supposedly in Japan, sicknesses are more severe, for whatever reason. Even just a basic cold can be hard on the body. Maybe it's the climate or the self isolation for thousands of years.

It's because they're allergic to rain and it rains all the time in Japan. Just watch/read any anime/manga--rain make them run in terror or take shelter like it's a biochemical attack. Moments in the rain will inevitable destroy their immune system and render them ill.

last edited at May 26, 2018 12:30AM

joined Jan 10, 2017

So in this one the chick actually agrees, and right away.

badnat
Liberty discussion 22 May 21:32
joined Jan 10, 2017

Arbitrarily throwing in earrings that have no real significance to the story as a major plot point is appallingly idiotic on the writer's part.

It might have worked if they were a "loaded gun" so to speak that had significance otherwise early on, but this is just stupid.

last edited at May 22, 2018 9:34PM

badnat
joined Jan 10, 2017

This is the cutest thing. And it's such a slap in the face to everyone who ever said that a manga ends as soon as the couple is together. I love it.

I don't think anyone says that dude. It's more like people complain about that fact.

joined Jan 10, 2017

I liked the original relationship in this manga and I feel like everything else is annoying filler than I don't want to read. Why did the author have to turn this into this bloated mess of uninteresting characters...

badnat
joined Jan 10, 2017

This is relevant to my interests.

badnat
OL x Gyaru discussion 04 May 22:18
joined Jan 10, 2017

What's with all these disgusting tease manga lately. I like this kind of pairing, but 2 freaking pages, why even bother...

badnat
joined Jan 10, 2017

I like the art but it's like the mangaka doesn't know how to correctly set up panels; doesn't flow well at all.

badnat
joined Jan 10, 2017

The story has built up to several big moments:

• Reiichi is about to ask Uta something that's on his mind, then he does that "It's nothing--never mind" thing.

• Kaoru spots Reiichi with another woman somewhere other than where he said he would be, but when she is about to confront him she slips and falls.

• Kaoru demands a heart-to-heart talk that's interrupted by a phone call, then he blows her off.

Now Uta is about to reveal the central point of the entire story, and . . . ?

This crap drives me nuts. It's the kind of thing that can separate a really really good story from just an okay one--ACTUALLY ADDRESSING THE ISSUES. Instead of dragging them out. It's the sign of a poor storytelling when all they can do is drag them out. A good storyteller will GIVE YOU ALL THE JUICY BITS and then do interesting things with them. I hesitate to crap all over this manga, because I really like the set up, the tone, the art, yadda yadda, but this can be so much better than it is right now.

joined Jan 10, 2017

^Which two anime are you talking about?

This, don't leave us hanging.

badnat
joined Jan 10, 2017

Wasting 4 years of youth not have a physical relationship with a girl who's had indiscriminate sex many times before with older women makes TOTAL sense.

badnat
Their Story discussion 18 Apr 22:04
joined Jan 10, 2017

^As my posts have been suggesting, readers are used to many a worst-case “You know that series you’ve been enjoying?—No more ever!” outcome with translated manga, so while all or most readers almost certainly do want the main story to continue, at least the short pieces show that the creator is still active and still interested in the material, as a sudden and complete blackout would not.

It’s a very odd development, as if Citrus suddenly went plotless 4-koma starting next chapter with no explanation, but I’m glad that what we’re getting while we wait is generally amusing and often quite adorable.

Well the difference there is that Citrus would be infinitely improved by such a move.

I'd rather we get nothing than have my hopes dashed over and over by an empty Their Story chapter release.

badnat
Liberty discussion 10 Apr 23:31
joined Jan 10, 2017

Should have been nipple rings in the box. That would have made a little sense. Everybody knows she has sensitive nipples. (I don't remember any of the previous chapters, lol)

last edited at Apr 10, 2018 11:32PM

badnat
joined Jan 10, 2017

Why can't this mangaka draw a nice story without all the juices flying everywhere... "I'll wash the sheets later" -- yeah, and what about your mattress? Like them pee stains and your bedroom smelling like a public restroom? Okaaay....

joined Jan 10, 2017

Bump

joined Jan 10, 2017

I know there is or was a megathread at one point, but those aren't always too helpful unless you have massive amounts of time to waste. I'm looking for substantial content and happy endings. I only discovered Transit Girls a couple days ago and I wish it was twice as long.

It's been a few years since I really scoured the internet for lesbian shows. The best TV show was probably South of Nowhere, and the best film was F***ing Åmål.

joined Jan 10, 2017

What's with the horrific glow lines? Next time maybe don't draw with the worst tool on the planet, whatever it is.

badnat
joined Jan 10, 2017

This manga was ruined by all the stupid kid drama that was completely pointless and didn't go anywhere.

badnat
Eve and Eve discussion 24 Mar 14:59
joined Jan 10, 2017

The brains are touching

LEWD

badnat
Eve and Eve discussion 24 Mar 14:44
joined Jan 10, 2017

Eh, I didn't like it. I maybe would have bought the premise more if they'd gone through thousands of years, but a few decades? They basically didn't like being satellites/having machine bodies and regretted it. Nothing to do with "eternal" whatever crap. It was a few decades, and they wasted their mission whatever it may have been. Lame.

they were absorbing knowledge of everything. learning everything. that's billions of people worth of knowledge, it was almost like living an eternity and then some. That'd be a lot to take on for anyone.

Well they have human brains and the brain can't do that. It didn't look to me like they were experiencing everything, but being used in the process, you see them metaphorically reading tapes, like they can pick out information to look at--not that they were actually experiencing everything. Their personalities would have been instantly obliterated if they experienced everything even for a second, lol.

last edited at Mar 24, 2018 2:45PM

badnat
Eve and Eve discussion 24 Mar 14:01
joined Jan 10, 2017

Eh, I didn't like it. I maybe would have bought the premise more if they'd gone through thousands of years, but a few decades? They basically didn't like being satellites/having machine bodies and regretted it. Nothing to do with "eternal" whatever crap. It was a few decades, and they wasted their mission whatever it may have been. Lame.

badnat
joined Jan 10, 2017

I love how the breasts look like a real woman's breasts. Breasts aren't naturally boob job shaped all the time.

Except the women don't otherwise look "real", it just looks kind of gross to randomly throw saggy boobs and rib lines in there IMHO.

Also this mangaka's excessive fluids are nasty.

last edited at Mar 17, 2018 6:08AM

badnat
1 x ½ discussion 14 Mar 23:28
joined Jan 10, 2017

I don't like the way chapter 7 unfolded. But reading the reactions, I guess this is what most readers wanted to happen, and I feel naive for expecting something else. I found the series romantic initially (like some people find After the Rain romantic, despite the obvious creep factor), but now it's obvious that romance was never the point, only gratifying the male otaku who have no interest or stake in the yuri genre anyways and are just here to get their rocks off, or to have a good laugh. I have no problem with them, it's just that most things are already catering to them by default, and it's disappointing when this site props up the very things that I try to get a break from in the first place when I visit it.

That's not to say that enjoying 1 x ½ or really any kind of "weird yuri" invalidates someone's "genuine yuri fan" credentials, or that only men enjoy these things. I'm not here to police what anyone reads or to gatekeep, I'm just frustrated with the pattern of works and users that I've been seeing more and more of recently on Dynasty. Though I guess these things and people have been here much longer. I'm probably just tired of otaku culture in general, and its eagerness to treat yuri as just a joke or a big meme. "Yuri is already weird and outlandish or just plain hilarous in itself (lesbians, amirite lmao), therefore a woman in her later 30s pursuing a 15-16 year old girl is the pinnacle of entertainment" is the kind of sentiment I'm sensing, for example.

I firmly believe the main reason this series is "wrong" is that Asuka is too young, not incest. Just saying that to interrupt that whole circlejerk a little bit.

Just stop. This is entertaining because no one EVER does stories like these. You don't like it, fine read 9999 other things that have stories more acceptable to you. And leave this one unique one to do its thing.

last edited at Mar 14, 2018 11:29PM