Forum › Posts by Koveras

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Once again Yvonne is reminded that she is not the player character, but merely a love interest. :-)

last edited at Dec 18, 2023 5:26AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Until this page, I have never realized how small Akira actually is, at least compared to Satsuki. She is always so direct and in-your-face that she usually seems taller, i.e. when she is not injured and (even) more vulnerable than normal...

last edited at Dec 17, 2023 9:46AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

^ The explosion would've happened in a matter of seconds anyway once Seo got over the surprise of the remote device still being attached. Either Miho trusted Satsuki to get out of there alive or she didn't care.

Yea, it's that last part that unnerves me: Miho has never been a good person, even if she did help Satsuki lately, so the ambiguity of whether even cares about the latter's safety makes me uneasy.

last edited at Dec 14, 2023 7:23AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Leave it to Akira to delete all of that suicidal ideation from Satsuki's silly little head.

That said, I am not sure how to feel about Miho pulling the trigger on Seo's own trap. On the one hand, Miho got a taste of her own medicine, will likely get all the criminal charges, and Miho was nice enough to let her off with a light concussion. On the other, Satsuki (and Akira, but Miho didn't know that) was still inside the gym, so Miho willingness to pull the trigger is a bit unnerving.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"your daughter relentlessly pursued me for almost an entire year before I agreed to go out with her"

Yea, I somehow don't think that will fly in court...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Kurumi is getting a healthy dose of the parent cringe this chapter. :-)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Well Makino isn't an adult and even then that wouldn't be a Yuri element

The manga start near the end of high school, with college entrance exams. And then we have people wondering if Makino is taking a 'gap year', and I recall no mention of school or classes outside cram school, so I think Makino is 18 now.

Yeah, I think Makino is legally an adult at this point, but she was still financially dependent on her parents until recently.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I am guessing the correct way to deal with the curse and solve the time travel plot is for Elsa and Yvonne to split the curse between them.

Share the neural load, so to speak. I'm pretty sure the two of them are drift compatible...

I never knew how badly I wanted a Pacific Rim-Please Bully Me Miss Villainess crossover until today.

I mean, if Elsa and Yvonne got into a Jaeger, it would solve their endless demon army problem in the present.

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I've been fine with Junko being a violent jerkass to Kayo while it was just the two of them flirting with each other. Now that she starts to involve Satomi and Yoshiko in her schemes, I cannot help but start detesting her...

last edited at Dec 11, 2023 2:21PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Isn't this, like, the biggest "f*ck off" to Makino's mom the two of them could have delivered? She gets Mashiro fired... and Mashiro just doesn't care, and instead gets to work directly with Makino. Sure, a waitress is not nearly as good a job as a tutor, but Mashiro does not seem to have ever cared about work prestige, anyway, has she?

last edited at Dec 11, 2023 2:13PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I am guessing the correct way to deal with the curse and solve the time travel plot is for Elsa and Yvonne to split the curse between them.

Share the neural load, so to speak. I'm pretty sure the two of them are drift compatible...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Huh, it seems like Obsidian and Yu have met at least twice before: when Yu was a kid, Obsidian threw her off a cliff, then met her again when Yu was, maybe, 10 and killed Father William. Her dialogue here implies that either both times, or just in the latter situation, Obsidian had gotten quite emotionally vulnerable with Yu, possibly using her to get to William, her true mark. Yu's over-the-top violence may be thus viewed as (though not excused by) the anger of a deeply hurt serial ex.

My guess is that Obsidian is an assassin for the (criminal) underworld, albeit a reluctant one judging by Yu's second flashback of William's death. Her memories appear to be wiped clean after every hit, allowing her to blend back into the society as a lowly succubus. I do not think that Yu was her actual mark when she threw her off a cliff, otherwise she would make sure she was dead. Rather, I speculate that both times, Obsidian was actually protecting Yu, but "disposing" of a witness in a way that she was sure to survive. Of course, we'd have to wait and see if any of the above resembles the author's plot.

last edited at Dec 11, 2023 5:04AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Being told how amazing you are by the person you love is one hell of an aphrodisiac.

last edited at Dec 10, 2023 9:04AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

... their clothes are alarmingly close to the fire

I actually thought her clothes were going to catch fire at the start, especially when she started undressing Kaye.
But I guess not.

It's a magical fire, so it's all good. :-)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Tan Tailan is based. Can we get a spin-off about her instead?

Yesssssss. Also very handsome. I am in favor.

She definitely has the aesthetics and personality I like. Definitely need more Tan Tailan. And she needs to get her own girlfriend too.

Well, that was fast. :D Just one chapter of her introduction, Tan is already putting moves on the Empress' chaperone... and it's working, by all appearances.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Dunno how it will end but I'm greatly enjoying the closeness Lapis and Diana are showing now. Far cry from the frustrating earlier chapters where they were both obsessing over Natori.

Diana has always been a Lapis simp/admirer though, and Lapis has always been nice to her. It's just that Lapis' niceness towards Diana seemed fake and calculated before, while now it's slowly becoming more genuine (or at least seems that way)

My read is that Natori's presence gradually makes Lapis rediscover her humanity and a general capacity to have genuine relationships. Thus, while Lapis makes it very clear to Diana that Natori is romantically off-limits to her, she has no problem with Diana's friendship with both of them.

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Latest chapter: Too much office politics, not enough Hatesex. >__>

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The title of this manga caught my eye due to it using the same Welsh concept in the title as this one:
https://mangadex.org/manga/dbb977c7-c4c2-4c53-b01a-accb76b62e9a/hiraeth-wa-tabiji-no-hate
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a direct line of inspiration, given they're both about suicidal lesbians meeting a tall dark handsome stranger who is also seeking death, although in the case of Kamatani Yuhki's manga instead of a love interest it's an adult mentor. Kamatani's manga also has less of an edgy dark feel to it by comparison, despite the subject matter, there's a beauty to it's mournful emotions, compared to the stark misery this manga is portraying so far.

I have followed up on your recommendation and binge-read the whole thing in an evening. Now I have a lot of complicated feelings about that manga that I don't know where to discuss, since the MD forum is a ghost town. :-(

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Tan Tailan is based. Can we get a spin-off about her instead?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

IIRC Li Zhixu started out deliberately distancing herself from Tang Chao, but it seems she now just as deliberately tries to close that distance, doesn't it?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I really hope this isnt gonna try to pull a "maybe they had a point all along, killing (or trying to) all those misbehaving kids" lmao

Ditto. I can sympathize with the Vice Prez's grief, but regardless of her justifications of his actions, her boss was still a serial murderer. And Satsuki should really put some points into her social skills, so she at least have a retort ready in such a situation apart from "Killing is wrong!" or just glaring silently at her critics.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Granted, I’m not sure if such measures were necessary here, but it is a major family secret, so the paranoia and least makes sense from a story perspective. My question is what exactly they were planning to do if he failed the test. Like, were they planning on to give him a second cup of tea? He already thinks you poisoned the first cup, so why would he accept any other drinks?

He'll forget everything in the last 72 hours so i doubt his consent matters, they could probably just pin him down and force it down his throat.

A reasonable assumption. Which makes the denouement of the scene feel all the weirder, as Chihaya's old folks didn't even see it necessary to apologize.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I like the overall trajectory of the story so far, but the secret test of character with the amnesia tea was a bit off-putting. Why some people seem to think that emotional manipulation is a better gauge of character than open and honest communication is beyond me.

Looking forward to reading what qualities of masculinity Hodaka (particularly in respect to his relationship) values in himself so highly, he is willing to abandon his male body for them.

Trans people don't exist in gender bender stories lol

I genuinely wonder if these writers ever consider like, the fact that trans people exist. They at least acknowledged that gay people exist here cause they went "if a woman kisses someone of the opposite sex", so I guess gay women in her family don't gotta put up with any bullshit. But I've never seen them really acknowledge trans people existing in any real way, even though a LOT of gender bender media feels like wish fulfillment by trans people who are very deep in the closet.

I am pretty sure that this page was pretty unambiguous about the fact that Chihaya had assumed her father was a trans woman until recently. Even if it did not turn out to be the case, it seems to me that the "these writers" have considered and acknowledged the existence of trans folks. The fact that they chose not to write a story about trans characters was their creative decision to make.

last edited at Nov 30, 2023 5:12AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Well, unless the curse manifested to isekai-ed Yvonne as the game villain system (remember that?).

This is what I think has happened. IIRC Yvonne has not received any messages from the villainess system since her trip to the past began, implying that it does not yet exist or is not attached to her at the current point in the timeline.

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"What if maids... but one-shot?" -- Zanka, probably

last edited at Nov 28, 2023 4:39AM