Forum › Posts by oliver

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Galich
As for my country,

An international recognition I mentioned (7.5 in IELTS for students majoring in Law, and 6.5 for students majoring in other study programs) is for students who want to go study abroad.

If you apply for Computer Sciences, Mathematics or Physics, IQ tests are usually included in your Mathematics test. However, it depends on private universities themselves.

To graduate high school you have to go through three examinations, first semester's exam, second semester's exam, and national high school's exam. The same 10 subjects for those three exams. Your overall result of high school exams decide whether you can be accepted into Government Universities (in which considered as an honor). Usually, during waiting for results released, students take uni entrance exams provided by many private universities. Taking those uni entrance exams may be just a waste of time and money, but everyone do it anyway.

As for national high school exam, students are separated by zones/provinces. For each zone, there may be thousands of students whose names are sorted (A-Z) are divided into classrooms. and with already assigned seat numbers. You take exams in a completely new environment (i.e. in an unfamiliar school, with strangers both students and inspectors.) Do you guys have this kind of high school exam?

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@adyatma16
In my case:
Mathematics (High school Mathematics + IQ test) x 2.5
General knowledge x 1
English x 1

1 point for correct answer
0 for incorrect answer (No reason to leave any question unanswered. :D)

@Galich
That sounds hard. In my country, students who study Law should get at least 7.5 in IELTS, and others should get at least 6.5. However, English Language Test is not compulsory, it's just for an international recognition.

My avatar is from a manga called Last Game. She is an MC.

last edited at Jul 3, 2016 11:46AM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

"panda team"

Sounds cool. :D

@Galich
Thanks. Wish you get really good results for your finals and the CAE exam.

Certificate in Advanced English. Basically, an internationally recognized exam by the British Council that checks if your level of English is above C1

To pass it, your level must be C2 then. Wow, it must be hard. Is C2 equivalent to an 8.0 in IELTS?

@Alvis
I have a few exams and presentations next week. Also, I have to finish my 80 pages report. There's no deadline for the report, but I myself want to finish it by September. And then I will take a long break from uni for like a few years or maybe forever. Will see. :D

@adyatma16
That one month preparation was enough for you to pass a uni entrance exam means that you are smart, right? :D I remember I had almost two months to prepare for my uni entrance exam. I barely survived after the exam, but I did get a result I wanted.

last edited at Jul 3, 2016 6:44PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Galich
I'm a uni student. I'm dying inside too. I still have a few more final exams and presentations until next week. I'm now having black cycles around my eyes making me look just like a panda.

@Anon99
Post-Mortem? XD

Oh, talking about games, my favorite is Dr Mario. Are there anyone here who still play it? :D I have no idea how cool nowadays' games are. I have stopped trying playing new games since like 10 years ago with no any particular reason.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

None of you guys has talked about school. Oh no, you did, but it all happened in the past. Are you guys not going to school anymore? Any uni student here?

last edited at Jul 2, 2016 9:35AM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

God help me, I didn't send Ssamba any email. Her Thank You Note wasn't to me. \(゜ロ\) (/ロ゜)/

last edited at Jul 2, 2016 8:17AM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Guys, do you know how cool it is to have the word "Dynasty" in your title? :D

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

My suggestion is that "Get to know each other" and "Off-topic" should be in the title in whatever order.
Yes, better listen to other people's opinions too.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

How about removing "for threadless People" since it sounds funny yet sad? :D

oliver
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 Jun 20:33
Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Don't fart downwind on your way out.

That's gross. -.-

Come back damn you, always disappearing on us! As if I'm one to say that

I have to disappear to save my own life though.

Like it or not, "WDTFS fans" does give the impression, deserved or otherwise, that it's for a specific group and others coming in are outsiders to some degree. The big thread with the same users tends to play into that, and again although it may be an undeserved impression I can totally see where it comes from.

That was what I meant to say, but I got my feeling hurt for saying that. / sob /

Anyway, I do get a feeling that the new off-topic thread will grow faster than this one. / flee the thread again /

oliver
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 Jun 15:54
Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

A suggestion in the future is if you can tell someone's pretty miffed, do not engage, since whatever you say is probably just going to add fuel to the fire.

I could easily tell that you were pretty miffed, but I had no idea that my comments were fuel adding to the fire. What a waste of Earth's natural resources. / vanish into the air /

oliver
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 Jun 13:50
Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

You sure speak with a lot of unwavering conviction for somebody running.

I ran away so that you could cool down.

You've also been deleting many of your posts for reasons I do not know.

Those posts were not any posts related to the posts here at all. Most of them were useless posts with images, and they were posts from months ago only, really.

So where were all these people before Anon called out Su on the heart machine? Where were you, oliver? Nowhere to be found but lurking until something controversial shows up? Yeah so forgive me if I'm having a hard time taking any of you seriously.

Don't ask me about all of those people, I have no idea where they were coming from. As they are not going to gain anything from joining this thread, why do you need to question their motives. About where I was, I must be somewhere else. I don't lurk this thread as I personally always think that it considers as eavesdropping you guys' private conversations. Tbh, I only come here when seeing nezchan's name or non-regulars' names on the new post. You don't need to take me seriously. I think I'm one of bad guys you find not suitable to be here. However, your actions right now really can hurt the newcomers who sincerely wanted to chat to you. So calm down a bit.

last edited at Jun 25, 2016 2:04PM

oliver
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 Jun 12:38
Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

jmv
That comment of mine wasn't referring to the accuser (pSUdologia), and I think that one nezchan's comment wasn't responding to any comment of the accuser's either. Anyway, I still believe that the age of your account does not add up or diminish a convincibility of your statements. As for pSUdologia, I would say that their statements were not so convincing because they lacked of proofs.

dofudofu
If you can't figure out which newcomers are really genuinely here to chat, let me give you my opinion on that. It's so obviously that Cephalosporin, Anon99, Like I Care and jmv are. / run away for my life /

last edited at Jun 25, 2016 12:42PM

oliver
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 Jun 10:08
Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

No, I think it has been clear. I think I jumped in a little way too late. Tbh, I came here because I wanted to see Su's comeback.

last edited at Jun 25, 2016 10:14AM

oliver
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 20:41
Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Whole discussion about the plausibility of the existence of a device maintaining organs alive/functional for wtv amount of time was kinda impressive, didn't expect to see such a topic here. What happened?

Yeah, it was interesting. Where can I find that kind of discussion on dynasty?

You can keep your two cents or whatever to yourself. I don't mean to sass or be rude but I don't think anyone here is willing to move or even agree at all to what you are proposing lol

okay.

last edited at Jun 22, 2016 8:46PM

oliver
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 20:23
Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

No for the name change !!

I thought you would support the name change proposal as it might lead to a new name with "butt" in there.

oliver
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 20:21
Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Regarding a name change, the whole point to this thread was it wasn't about WDtFS, but populated by people from that discussion.

That was in the past. These days, the people here and the people at the official thread are almost totally two different bunches. I would say the ones who has showed up on both threads are Fay and Newp only, oh Suzuma too but very rarely. Anyway, it was just my two cents.

oliver
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 19:23
Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

My two cents: It really is time to change the thread's name since even if we at the official thread went off topic, we would never come here for that. And also people can join the discussion here regardless that they read wdtfs, right?

last edited at Jun 22, 2016 7:26PM

oliver
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 18:02
Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

"Beating heart cadavers"

Yes, that's it.

oliver
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 17:03
Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I'm not sure, but I kind of remember reading a research paper around half a decade ago. It said they had found a way to keep donor organs alive INSIDE dead bodies. Their experiment was that they kept giving oxygen to a body even after the person died. Also, they injected a medicine into the body to keep the blood circulating naturally. The person was identified as dead but their organs were still alive. They said their method could keep the organs alive for months or even years.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Seju may breakdown again and again, and she may as well become more evil after each breakdown.

Having a twisted personality doesn´t mean you can´t keep playing cool. If her character were consistent, her having to use her last resort to fight Sungji of all Sumin´s exes would have been justified.

last edited at Jun 21, 2016 12:09PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@littleyuri
Your drawing is pretty cool.

@Skywalksoul
Yours looks cool too.
The only thing that I don't really get is why Norae is taller than Seol-a? XD
I hope Ssamba is reading your letter and everyone's messages. I hope she is smiling.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I see. but I have never said we had to leave the first square.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I think we should first try to find a way to send Ssamba the link. After that, we can still find translators to translate the messages, summarize the messages, make a book or whatever.

Ssamba could at least read "I love you, Ssamba", right? Anyway, I still believe s/he could read english.

Or zero means she's busy recuperating. The sending is enough, we shouldn't expect more. ;-;

Yes, the sending would be enough

It really is too much work to ask from translators. If we just asked them (newp, halmoni or someone who could write in korean) to write a short message in korean encouraging Ssamba and telling her how much FF's fans here care about her, we could probably have already reached her by now.

last edited at Jun 17, 2016 2:20PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Couldn't we send Ssamba the link right now via his/her blog or his/her publishing company? If we do it, we could surely guess whether s/he could understand english or not based on her/his response to those messages. Zero response means s/he couldn't use english.