Forum › Posts by majere

majere
School Zone discussion 15 Aug 17:22
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

God I fucking hate her. It feels like she's single-handedly responsible for Tsubaki's terrible self esteem with her constant needless cruelty.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Eh, single target sexuality may be my least favorite trope in yuri

This reads less like single target sexuality and more like Ookuma being dense and a sap.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Is it bad that I officially like the new couple more than the main one?

Yeah Iori kinda turned into a dick as things went on, I'm much more interested in the dumb video game dweebs.

last edited at Aug 6, 2020 8:02AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

plot twist : Rina x Sayo in the end, and the genre turned into ntr.

One of my preferred outcomes here is the MC maintaining her opposition to romance and the two love interests getting together I think that could be pretty interesting.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah Tei is so pitiful that people being mean to her isn't even funny it just makes me like them less. Be nice to Tei she is just lonely!

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I can't help thinking the author really loved Elfen Lied and thought, "how can I make this into a yuri comedy?"

"Love Vectors"

Bet you can't get that image out of your head now. You're welcome.

Jokes on you, I haven’t even seen it so ha!

Same

For those who haven't seen it. Just...don't.

Shouldn't have said that now I'm curious lol

If you want to see young girls get physically and emotionally brutalized then it sure is the manga/anime for you otherwise I'd steer clear.

last edited at Aug 4, 2020 4:07PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Okay, read through a bit of the novel. ...I don't really like it? It's very dialogue-heavy, and paced pretty slowly. Our main couple doesn't have much in the way of chemistry, unless that's coming later

I think that's part of what makes it great. This isn't a "these two girls immediately fell in love and start making out/fucking like rabbits" kind of story. This is a story about two girls exploring magical science and navigating some thorny political and interpersonal issues, and slowly growing closer together as they do so. This isn't a story about yuri romance, it's a story that happens to include yuri romance in it.

That'd be fine if the magic science and politics were handled engagingly, but I've found most of it fairly tedious. Every scene feels at least twice as long as it needs to be

Well I suspect a manga adaptation will abridge a fair amount of that just due to the limitations of the medium in terms of word count.

majere
School Zone discussion 01 Aug 17:51
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Seems like angry twin has a crush on the nurse, though unfortunately for her it seems completely one-sided.

Justice.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

And now I want a triad. Tei is such a fucking dweeb I love her.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Dumbass teacher has never heard of survivor's guilt. Also, this reboot is just worse than the original with this attempt to shoehorn in unnecessary drama.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Chapter title is how I feel after reading most chapters of this.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I know most of us are here for the poly relationship and they'll probably end up in one but damn I can't seem to like Akira at all. something about her.. idk she irritates me

At first she was just the bland jock senpai with a fanclub and minimal personality who mostly just bored me but now she's the egotistical jock senpai except the shitty, mean-spirited kind instead of the brash, fun kind.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Oof, Akira's ego needs to be cut down to size which is ironic since between the 3 of them she is by far the least interesting or likeable.

last edited at Jul 18, 2020 5:31PM

majere
School Zone discussion 10 Jul 15:33
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I really hate the younger sister, she's such an asshole.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Didn't know this board was so ass-blasted about prostitution, kinda cringe. There's literally nothing wrong with it

At least the impression I've gotten is the bulk of the users are Amerifatsfrom the US which should explain that quite plentifully.

Climb out of your own ass dude.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Didn't know this board was so ass-blasted about prostitution, kinda cringe. There's literally nothing wrong with it

I don't have a problem with ethical prostitution I just find casual sex boring to read about and have zero interest in it as the basis of a story.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah I'm not super interested if this is a story about her experiences as a sex worker.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Not sure if I'll keep up to date on this or just wait for it to finish to see how it resolves before investing time in it. I'm pretty iffy on love triangles in general.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I'd enjoy this chapter more if Kanda hadn't dragged the lie out to the point where I don't really feel she deserves Ookuma's boundless understanding. The longer the lie was maintained the less a jokey "It was never a problem in the first place" resolution works and the more it feels like the lie itself should be the source of conflict rather than the subject of the lie.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This manga was better before the reboot now it's trying to cram a bunch of drama into it and I'm not feeling it.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Looks like it's winding down and I find myself with no feelings about that at all.

last edited at Jul 7, 2020 6:20PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Finally, I feel so relieved for Kanda!! She can finally express her feelings without that overhanging guilt. I hope that we get some pure interactions before the manga is over, I don't know what else they'll be able to put in now that the initial problem is resolved

Ookuma's extremely protective parents and her inherent weirdness as a person are still pretty fertile ground for both drama and comedy.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Whoever is in control of this playthrough must've made a big mistake.

Not necessarily - you just CANT recruit her on Edelgards route :(

That's why you kite her around the map until you win.

I never thought to try that- I will try it when i get around to my ng+
I dont recall how tough she was but most of the end game schoolmates now enemies are pretty nasty and I think it would be hard to do that without getting someone killed.

Do you get an end of game description of what happened to her if she lives that way?

Nah you just don't get the "Shame Hilda died" dialogue from Claude IIRC. But yeah it's not to difficult if you use someone faster than her and get a bit lucky because her strength doesn't matter since she never gets close enough to hit them.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Whoever is in control of this playthrough must've made a big mistake.

Not necessarily - you just CANT recruit her on Edelgards route :(

That's why you kite her around the map until you win.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

It's not even blackmailing in the first place. Sakurai could have refused, and still can refuse. The only thing that would happen is that Honda wouldn't go to school anymore and their deal would be off.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cant_defy_the_lonely_girl_ch01#27

"I won't tell anyone and I'l even come to school but in return let me kiss you"
"As long as you do something like that, one request like that everyday"

How is that not blackmailing ?

And the fact that her secret is on the balance and that it would've really bad consequences is really clear to the MC too.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cant_defy_the_lonely_girl_ch01#31

Okay let’s say this is blackmail. But is MC really worth the empathy for?

MC CAN ALWAYS REFUSE. She was doing things out of desperation but in the end it was her decision. She took this route, she wasn’t forced into helping a truant student get back on their feet. She wanted to get recommendation letter, thus bringing her back was the responsibility she gets. In the end the person went to school without any condition anyway but the person figured out she was being used. at this point the MC just wants to save herself from the dirt she made. She didn’t think through just apologizing for the things she did and talk her way out. She was ashamed that she did it for HERSELF. She was ashamed at her actions. So instead she just went with the fxcked up suggestion. One way or another it doesn’t seem like she hate it anyway(given the fact that we’re actually reading into her thoughts).

The teacher on the other hand could be the devil with temptations too, but there’s this logic that it not the devil’s fault, that people fall. it was the person who made the choice. In the end it’s all about decision. It wasn’t a rape who would be done randomly because the rapist is just a scum(in a sense it’s always the rapist fault because it was the rapist’s decision not the victim). it wasn’t a problem where her dignity would be in danger or her loved ones. In the end, if her dignity was really in trouble assuming people would hate her for what she did. It’s still something she did. It’s like exposing corrupt politician. But honestly I don’t think there’s something she should be ashamed of. If she only came in with clear intention and proper communication it wouldn’t be like this.

This kind of relationship probably leaves a bad taste on people’s mouth and that’s fine. But I just wanted to remind everyone that MC wasn’t really faultless. Either way, all of them decided upon this and the MC was in “bad” position in this situation. And since this was done light heartedly, It doesn’t seem like a danger type of relationship. Well they all one way or another needs to realize their faults though.

Knowing their thoughts and their situation made me fond of them. Though this last part is completely opinionated unlike my my first few paragraphs of trying to be objective as much as possible.

Holy victim blaming Batman.