Forum › Posts by YeShallBeAsGods

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Gendo poses are genetic. True facts.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Using honorifics... Mimika is Humbert Humbert.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

You know what this needs? More tags.

There's probably about ten more

YeShallBeAsGods
Image Comments 19 Oct 00:37
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015
Pwd6waj

Was "stigmata" in the original? If not, this is the best translation ever.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Rumia x Reimu is the only true pairing!

YeShallBeAsGods
Image Comments 13 Oct 02:19
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Tell her the work is amazing and to do it anyway!

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

And so The Very Hungry Caterpillar has phased over to Gensokyo.

Love Karaagetarou. Thanks for this.

Seconded. One of my favorite Touhou creators!

last edited at Oct 12, 2016 1:52AM

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Koishi is Santa Claus. I should've known.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/heaven_heavens_peaches_and_the_earths_catfish_bowl_1#7

Zun's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

last edited at Oct 12, 2016 10:39AM

YeShallBeAsGods
Love Slave discussion 09 Oct 13:38
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Ultimately he's unhappy and Idk if there's hope for him cus he's still as dense and clueless as he was 5 years ago, but at least he can start anew and figure things out, get his fucking shit together.

On the flip side, I get a strong dose of that what-you-call-it German emotion when I know the serial rapist scumbag will have a miserable life. What's horrifying is he's not in jail and people like that go free too often. Couple that with people still believing you can't rape your wife because she's your wife, and we've still got a long way to go.

Edit: But hey, sometimes people like that run for President.

last edited at Oct 10, 2016 12:20AM

YeShallBeAsGods
Image Comments 09 Oct 01:42
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015
Aousagi23

Cue bass line

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

I think whether yuri manga need to address lesbian identity is a side argument; a manga could do it successfully, or it could successfully opt to not do it, but I think the real issue for yuri connoisseurs is how editors and mangaka think up these overly harsh restrictions that compromise quality.

That's how I see it too. Yuri can tackle identity or not, it isn't necessarily required to be part of the manga. But, there's been a huge drive lately, in America at least, to not have fictional depictions that do not accurately reflect the subject matter the fiction covers. The article seems to be a proponent of that. Personally, "adult life" and "romance" are my two favorite tags and I love when that stuff is woven into the story. But I don't want to see yuri reduced to one story-type. And reduction of fiction to one type of story seems to be the direction of the writer's argument.

Still, Japan seems really damn insulated from that particular discussion, and what matters more to us is what you say about how the harsh restrictions can compromise quality. Yuri manga can totally ride that line and remain clearly fictional whereas something like the Report on Lesbian Experience will clearly have that stigma. Takemiya Jin moves in that direction while still staying clearly in the yuri zone, but I wonder where the line is?

Edit: Kindred Spirits also rides the line. It's kind of crazy, because it doesn't deal with identity, but the relationships seem so much more real (most of the time) than others. In it's own way. While clearly sticking to the yuri category.

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 5:50AM

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

They posted this piece on yuri over at The Mary Sue.

http://www.themarysue.com/rethinking-yuri/

It's good stuff, but I feel they incorrectly define yuri and then proceed to analyze a way off-base, super fetishized, and out-of-date version of yuri.

What do you guys think of this stuff? Should yuri be more clearly representative of lesbian identities? Does yuri appropriate gay identities and misrepresent them? Is THAT appropriation of a romance genre denying the essence of fiction?

Edit: Is this topic appropriate? I'm not really sure if discussions like this are outside the scope of the forum. But! I see Dynasty as THE PLACE where yuri happens in the west, so I can think of no other place to hold conversations like these.

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 3:21AM

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015
YeShallBeAsGods
Suwakoto! discussion 30 Sep 22:29
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

I see you there, neko miko! You can't hide from me!

YeShallBeAsGods
Suwakoto! discussion 30 Sep 01:00
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

All aboard the hype train!

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

I think it's set after Touhou 15. When was the last time Yukari was in a game?

It also has something to do with the extra stage of Double Spoiler.

last edited at Sep 27, 2016 11:55PM

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Dio really makes his way around the yuri circuit

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

I find Yagi's art in Claymore breathtaking. The detail and technical skill alone outclasses any manga in recent memory. Though, I guess that's to be expected when a team of six or seven people put out a monthly serialization. The artbook also showcases Yagi's skill, it's kind of crazy the emotion he can capture with a deceptively emotionless cast of characters. And his use of color! That's why he was in the big leagues, I guess.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

These are some Chris Ware-tier comics right here.

YeShallBeAsGods
All You discussion 22 Sep 01:30
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Fact: No one actually enjoys reading Moby Dick.

Still, never thought I'd ever encounter Ahab x Moby Dick yuri.

last edited at Sep 22, 2016 1:40AM

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Yay, more KyoukoMami! I kinda miss this type of post-series but pre-Rebellion domestic fluff setting for Puella Magi, and I was surprised to see it come back especially considering this was published just last December.

When Mami mentioned Walpurgisnacht, I was expecting Madoka and Homura to not be there(eg, a timeline that continued without her). The other option is that it somehow exists in the Rebellion universe, but there's no indication of them being there. This is clearly Homuhomu's original happy place, but there's next to no attention given to anyone but Kyouko and Mami. I can only conclude that this is Kyouko's last regrets before becoming a witch, perhaps just as Walpurgisnacht is defeated. She'd have no time to know that Madoka's dead and Homura's gone, so the idea of them burying the hatchet with Mami's friends still seems doable. This is also why there's such an emphasis on the concept of future: she won't have one, but she hopes Mami will go on to live a full life.

I think that the walpurgis scene and the grave scene were just there to make us think madoka and homura were MIA and sayaka was dead to surprise us as well at the end. The other doujins where it's all a witch's dream make it very clear that it's a dream. There's just nothing in the text to back it up here.

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

I really can't see someone actually going through this kind of issue . It seems so unreal and full of overly stimulated anxiety .

Keep on truckin', don't read this stuff, and give existentialism a wide berth.

Alternatively, read David Foster Wallace's short story "The Depressed Person." Pdf is available after some quick googling.

Or, play Depression Quest, which is free on Steam.

last edited at Sep 18, 2016 6:08PM

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Is the title a reference to Chū Chū Lovely Muni Muni Mura Mura Purin Purin Boron Nururu Rerorero by Maximum the Hormone?

Maybe coincidentally the same idea with the sound effects.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Is there anything we can do to help lililicious? They put out some of the absolute best yuri and translations, but it's so few and far between releases.

We always, always, always need more graphics editors. So if you would like to help with editing, or can send more editors our way, that would be much appreciated.

Curses! I'm a copyeditor/proofreader by trade, not a photo editor.

Gaku gaku still needs QC'ing, I believe, so I'm planning on hitting up their board in December to get examples for a portfolio. Unless you guys could use that? But, Lililicious has the best damn editing out of all the yuri groups! I fear I would be no help.

If I run into anyone, or can find anyone, I'll send 'em your way.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Completed! Huzzah!

Yay, the last story to this collection. I'm not going to lie, I was hoping for a continuation of I'll Send Her Home on the Last Train, though that image on page 160 was great. The story itself was a bit short for me, but I'll have to check whether this is a sequel to any of the previous stories - it's been a while since I read any of them.

Is it? I was wondering, too.