Forum › Posts by Soren

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

how masive your socks have to be to just just slip out of your feet while walking , i don´t really see another explanation on how she´s able to take them off that way

I love how everyone here is arguing about whether they are asexual or not and you are here thinking about the socks XD

I know some people will step on the heel of their socks to slip them off like shoes. I am just not dexterous enough to do so

Can confirm! I've done this before. You can also use your toes to sorta pincer the sock and pull it down. Seeing as her socks have those frills, those are pretty easy to grab. I wouldn't just leave them in the doorway like that but I guess that's what happens when there's parental neglect. KEK

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

i'm reading the web novel this is based on and... well lol. i sure hope the manhwa takes a very different direction, because the behaviour of qu xizhi is pretty damn hard to accept.

Can someone spoil what this behavior is? (just as a potential trigger warning)

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Kimura: I always get worried when I see Hiyama and Mizushima having good chemistry, and it's a great relief to her them say that they are just friends. Surely, that can only mean that I'm in love with Mizushima. There is no other possible conclusion.
Random guy starts flirting with Hiyama
Kimura:*starts to hyperventilate in pure panic*

Wait. Wait a goddamn moment. Since when exactly has this been goign on? Is it possible that, from the start, Kimura thought she was in love with Mizushima because of this kind of heteronormative thinking? That would be freaking hilarious.

Edit:HMM. Having reread from the start that doesn't seem to be the case. New headcanon, Kimura is an unaware Bi disaster in love with both of them.

Well, while not exactly like this, she did admire Hiyama quite early on. But because of how forward Hiyama is, she's probably become more aware of her in a different light.

In particular, she seemed to transition when Hiyama told her she's the person most suited to be by her side. She seems really conscious of Hiyama now and I like how she's considering that she might be jealous of Mizushima.

last edited at Jan 9, 2023 6:16AM

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I still have a bit of anxiety from Umi not seeing the exhibit Shou worked so hard on. I need closure.

last edited at Jan 8, 2023 11:38PM

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Ahhhh it's the middle of the night but I'm jumping and screaming on my bed. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Happiness~

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

According to last panel Youzi's friend "knew all along" something, but what is it?
I can think of two things:
1) She knew all along that Bai Yue liked Youji, not Youzi.
2) She knew all along that Youji and Ren Wei are dating (which Youzi just said out loud).

But I can't figure which one it is... ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

I'm betting on #1: she knew he didn't like Youzi because she likes Youzi and so knows what it would look like.

Which means when Youzi hugs her, it was all according to keikaku.

Soren
Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Kaoru is probably polyamorous but favors one partner that's a bit more serious. But, she's not good at expressing it clearly which is fair coz usually teenagers aren't good at explaining this. Well, she actually did try to tell Shizuka when they were together if I remember it right though she didn't explicitly say she was polyamorous. Since they're still teenagers, Shizuka couldn't process the fact that she felt special but Kaoru wouldn't commit to her solely.

I think Kaoru also didn't expect how difficult it would be for her favored partner to cut ties with her. So her initial reactions were quite retaliatory (the pool and such) and leaning towards toxic manipulation. I think at this stage she thought Shizuka would still choose her as her partner (with Mio in her poly circle).

I think Kaoru's toxic emotional behaviors stopped when she meets Mask though coz she felt something a bit different. She's still polyamorous but I feel like she became a bit more empathetic. She always rejected Shizuka after this and reminded her that Mio was waiting for her. She still has an issue with boundaries though coz those indirect mask kisses threw me off (mostly because of Covid but still)..

So, I feel like part of their conversation is Kaoru reaffirming that they're no longer hovering in each other's circle but it feels final this time so she's just being a bit sentimental about it.

I had trouble following the conversation with Mask though. I can kind of grasp that Mask is sort of worried but there wasn't much emphasis on it so I do feel like it could also be seen as her checking Kaoru's reaction. I like their dynamic though so bring on the cryptic convos.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Kao-chan turns into a yokai. Change my mind.

That's part of the twist that this story is actually the novel, but she survives in real life

Pleeeaaaase.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Very Queer indeed. Best lean into it~

Soren
Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

The prequel is cute and wholesome. Shows the dynamic of the wholesome player character who discovers what love is actually like for them.

I like how they're actually following similar arcs. Suzuki and Senpai both seemed to be going with the flow so they only experienced more shallow crushes/love. But the same person made them discover something a bit deeper.

I find myself supporting Suzuki more though because
the lipstick framing device is a really nice touch. That and how it shows the kind of human "longing" that we generally connect to on a deeper level. It's the kind of longing for something/someone you know won't go anywhere so you're stuck there wondering what to do with all these feelings you're left with. That's certainly how I feel right now while waiting to find out what happens next.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Aww man. I wanted to know what happened to Suzuki-san. Guess the waiting continues.

Senpai is cute and wholesome so I support the main ship. But my heart is rooting for Suzuki even though it's unlikely. I want to at least see them become friends (again).

Soren
Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Yep, certainly looks like they're about to get off.

One might say that escalated quickly.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Soren posted:

Huhhh Mom said, "Stop with the unnecessary details."
instead of saying she shouldn't say things that are untrue.

Ren X Mom confirmed.

Or, she didn't want to deny their ship's fanservice but I'd rather go with the former.

That's what I thought at first, so I went to check the raws.

"Stop with the unnecessary details." is awkward translation of 别给我乱讲多余的话!

Which basically means "Stop with your nonsense" and doesn't imply anything about her relationship with Ren.

Maybe the translator should have found a better wording to avoid misunderstanding.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Awww. I suspected there was something like that. Thank you for looking it up

Well, guess it's back to the long journey before any ship is confirmed. I'll take any ship tease I can get for now. XD

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Huhhh Mom said, "Stop with the unnecessary details."
instead of saying she shouldn't say things that are untrue.

Ren X Mom confirmed.

Or, she didn't want to deny their ship's fanservice but I'd rather go with the former.

Soren
Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Last chapter it was like, just starting to become sundown. This chapter, the sun was completely down. Were they making out for like 30 minutes?

Really. I saw the color on the first panel and got a little stunned, like how's that even possible?

Well, I have experienced sundown or sunrise where the light/sky completely shifts. One time, I saw a gradient go over the sky in a matter of seconds and it was dark after a few minutes.

That being said, they were definitely making out for at least a couple of minutes to accommodate that transition. It could still be 30 minutes though! Who's to say they weren't taking their time? I mean their lips do look a bit swollen there. KEK

last edited at Dec 24, 2022 3:52PM

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

"their feelings pass each other straight by!"

Oh, I dunno if I'd say STRAIGHT by, narrator

To be fair "their feelings pass each other lesbian by!" Doesn't work as well.

What do you mean? They're totally in lesbians with each other. Or at least, one of them is.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

YOHHHH We back babyyyy. Let's goooo

Soren
Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I have both my fists pumped and my mouth and heart are full of WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

Same! I'm loudly cheering in my apartment in the middle of the night. Wooh Let's go!

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Flirting in public and getting cozy with the family already...

When's the honeymoon???

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Well, that was fluffy and satisfying even though we already knew that that was probably what she was thinking at the time.

Soren
Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I keep saying I want a sequel for the ones in this collection but out of all of them, I'd be the most excited for this one.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Nono-chan is too powerful. Mabushiiiii

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I kinda like it. Useless lesbians going all according to keikaku is hilarious.

I do wish it leaned a bit more into comedy by going ham into it but that's just my taste.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Eyyyy I feel like I'm ending the year right.

last edited at Dec 12, 2022 9:43AM

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

It feels rushed because the dialogue seems a bit stilted to me.

Would've liked to see them dating as Aces though, navigating the nuances of the urges they do and don't get.