Forum › Posts by KizuRai

KizuRai
S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

So I've been reading this backwards, because I didn't know about this manga until now and I just went from latest to oldest.... and I think that's actually the way you should be reading this lol

I'd say you were onto something, but that lady says she blacked out in the rubble, which means the mafia!story happened before this.

lol yeah, I reread it again, it's interesting, but time is but a concept here haha

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Honey-san better start getting some love or I'm gonna riot lmao

KizuRai
S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

In chapter 2, it clearly say that Tsugumi called Midori her best friend and that she was often mentionned when she was telling story of middle school, and she also was one of the few contacts in Tsugumi address book.

It's perfectly normal for Haru to think that Midori & Tsugumi were really close, even if Midori doesn't seem to feel like she was.

EDIT : Added links :
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch02#15

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch02#16

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch02#17

And :
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch02#36

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch02#47

These are great examples!
Also, I would like to put my 2 cents in that we have no clue what in the world Tsugumi was thinking about since we're in Midori's perspective. Why did she disappear? Why did she talk about Midori all the time? Why did she keep her number? There are a lot of unanswered questions and it wouldn't be fair to make assumptions without knowing everything.

It's also why Haru is so confused when someone mentions that Tsugumi and Midori weren't close when she's gotten the exact opposite impression from her mom and she knows that Midori cared about Tsugumi to some extent.

I feel like I just jogged in place for a whole chapter

I felt this lol

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

This is adorable

KizuRai
S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

wait there's going to be more?? how?

KizuRai
S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

So I've been reading this backwards, because I didn't know about this manga until now and I just went from latest to oldest.... and I think that's actually the way you should be reading this lol

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Goddammit, I didn't think I'd get invested but I did.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

HI 5 fellow enby
Anyways Kotone I think is going to end up with Mei

waves
eey!! :) 'ellooo! I think so too, and wouldn't that be absolutely precious! Having a Transgender woman with a lesbian is breaking the barrier and the stigma against it! I love it :)

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

How have I been sleeping on this manga?!

Mogumo is cute
Suzu is cute (Suzu and Haruto are super cute together)
Mei is cute
Ten-chan is cute
Tetsu is cute
Sacchan is cute
(Kotone is currently pending)

Everyone in this damn manga is super cute! As a nonbinary it was tough going through Mogumo's life and everyone's confusion and wildly wrong assertion that they had to be a "boy" or a "girl" but it definitely picked up when people started stating that "Mogumo is just Mogumo" because that is the general feel of how nonbinaries represent. Also, I'm not transgender, but did anyone else cringe at the word "girlyboy"?
I do like that they touch on transgender but also touch on men just wanting to dress up. Ten-chan just wants to be who he wants, Suzu likes dressing up but he's gay and simply a man, Sacchan and Mei are transgender women and Mogumo is nonbinary and I love that it's beginning to be just an open space of being who they are. It was a rough start at first but I can't wait to read more.

What I have a beef with is that it's yet again a manga with a catalog of LGBTQ+ people, all conveniently grouped in a single place, who are, conveniently again, learning about how to be comfortable with themselves, and are, conveniently, receiving life-lessons from various nice people. Nothing wrong per se with that, but it's a bit angelic.

And too forced.

Conflicts are magically resolved, bigoted people who spit in the face of, or beat up gay couples because they dared to kiss basically don't exist. A few dialogs and lo, everyone becomes tolerant, or discover their own identity. Gay people attempting suicide or losing their home doesn't seem to be a thing. "All you need is love and understanding!" (cue for a frog to play a mandolin and sing)

As if... we are talking about Japanese society here. Not really a gay friendly society.

Fukakai na Boku no Subete o
Kanojo ni Naritai.
Giniro no Genders
Shimanami Tasogare

They are all trying to be all inclusive and somehow gay friendly. They come off, to me as, "these deviant people aren't stable psychologically and tend to gather together. Beware, they are among us! Try to understand them..."

Bleh... this is just my opinion/feeling. If you enjoy this manga, more power to you.

The thing is though LGBT+ people do tend to converge and group up. My friends are all gay, bisexual or transgender both in real life and online so I can see this happening. Also, I don't need all my mangas about queers to be depressing, I get enough of that from real life. Japan is still slow to accept LGBT+ so them all having a safe haven and being who they are is also believable.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Now that was some intentionally intense fking in a tent. Fking intents.

I wasn't gonna comment, and then I saw this pun and I had to because no one else had. This got me.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

main character gets blackmailed by teacher
Oh, is that where the blackmail comes from?

main character also gets blackmailed by other student
...nevermind.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I don't know what I just read, but I want more of it.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I know it's fruitless, but I'm actually rooting for Mizuguchi.

KizuRai
S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I am here for this mutual pining angst.

KizuRai
Love Aroma discussion 16 Nov 19:04
S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Really surprised no one's talking about how much Plot there is here.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Whoa, plot twist.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I didn't know this existed until now. Akira is precious and must be protected at all cost.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

"You don't want friends? Cool, let's be girlfriends instead then."

Sounds reasonable.

KizuRai
S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

AAAH A NEW UPDATE OMG YESSSS
And I was JUST thinking how long it's been and how much I missed this. Thank you so much to the translators and QAers and editors and the whole team that usually makes translating happen!

KizuRai
S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I kinda wanted to hate this, but the art was so good I kept reading.

Also, Sugimoto had a gay panic moment and no one can convince me otherwise.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

(https://i.imgur.com/qwJxt4o.png)

Not gonna lie, this image made me laugh so hard. I love that all it took to defeat Cool Down was just them being them.
A true yuri shipper, what a mood.

last edited at Sep 2, 2019 7:31PM by Nezchan

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Usless lesbian meets useless lesbian.

It's a vicious cycle.

KizuRai
S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

wHOA that reason threw me COMPLETELY off guard! But I'm glad to know the reason at least makes sense, honestly this answer was the farthest thing I could think of so that was nice to see.

KizuRai
flare discussion 22 Jul 12:40
S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I thought it was pretty obvious from the first panel Yuka showed up that she wasn't real so I didn't think the tags spoiled anything. What really made the manga was the emotional journey the character went on which is gaining confidence by herself (inner strength), and using that confidence to (accidentally) reach out and make a friend with someone else.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Okay, but Chidori is adorable though.