Forum › Posts by Breakdanceanomicon

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Looking back on it, I kind of prefer Mochi's older style.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/more_than_friends_ch01
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/more_than_friends_ch16_5#20
Feels more expressive.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Good shit.

Breakdanceanomicon
Two Spirals discussion 03 Aug 11:33
joined Jun 13, 2015

Know what's amazing about this series? They literally spoil everything at the very beginning before going into flashbacks explaining it all, but because the art and pacing are so over-the-top (i.e. a character stubbing their toe and a character getting shot would probably have the same facial expression and the two events could happen over the course of a page) that I didn't even notice. They tell you that these people are sisters, are lovers and have a baby together, names and grade level and other info and everything, but the ending plot twist still came as a surprise because everything this author does comes at you 100MPH that you just can't fully comprehend any of it. This series should come with an epilepsy warning.

Breakdanceanomicon
Two Spirals discussion 03 Aug 00:45
joined Jun 13, 2015

This last part has horrible! the flow was completely unbalanced and it didnt make any sense.

As opposed to the any of this author's other stuff, which is very well-paced and easy to follow. /s

Also, isn't this incest, then? Wouldn't that cause bad things for the child?

Breakdanceanomicon
Swimsuit discussion 24 Jul 15:42
joined Jun 13, 2015

I see. Not going to get into whatever politiks that is, but is there some other place I can view them? Don't want to miss out on stuff because the one site I trust doesn't have them...

http://lazylily.moe/ https://8ch.net/u/index.html

Gracias.

Breakdanceanomicon
Swimsuit discussion 24 Jul 15:26
joined Jun 13, 2015

Speaking of the author, didn't they use to have an omake or something for If a Lie Is Not Told, It Cannot Become Yuri. Also wasn't this Flip Flappers doujin https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60578711 translated? What happened to them? I remember reading them, but they don't seem to be on their profile anymore and I can't find them in a search...

^ I think that If a Lie Is Not Told Omake was translated by 8chan and was removed.

Flip Flappers, too, then, I take it? So did they remove everything by 8chan? That seems a little extreme...

The 8chan scans group requested everything be removed. Our staff simply followed out their wishes.

I see. Not going to get into whatever politiks that is, but is there some other place I can view them? Don't want to miss out on stuff because the one site I trust doesn't have them...

Breakdanceanomicon
Swimsuit discussion 24 Jul 14:16
joined Jun 13, 2015

Speaking of the author, didn't they use to have an omake or something for If a Lie Is Not Told, It Cannot Become Yuri. Also wasn't this Flip Flappers doujin https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60578711 translated? What happened to them? I remember reading them, but they don't seem to be on their profile anymore and I can't find them in a search...

^ I think that If a Lie Is Not Told Omake was translated by 8chan and was removed.

Flip Flappers, too, then, I take it? So did they remove everything by 8chan? That seems a little extreme...

Breakdanceanomicon
Swimsuit discussion 24 Jul 12:38
joined Jun 13, 2015

Breakdanceanomicon
Dark Widow discussion 21 Jul 17:53
joined Jun 13, 2015

Yuriwhale can do no wrong.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

"Guess it's over."
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sheep_and_ice_cream_former_part#29
Also insert "Kono Dio Da!" joke here.

Breakdanceanomicon
Image Comments 18 Jul 01:36
joined Jun 13, 2015
Devpyifu0aeussj-orig

I'm going to kill you for putting that image in my mind.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

It's just a phase kids have, it's called the "bratty phase"

Yup. It's tied to an almost instinctual drive for independence. It's an evolutionary thing.
Those who lack it are the ones who end up NEETs for life. The expression of that tendency has gone up over time thanks to the fact that lacking an independence drive is no longer something that will get you naturally selected out of the gene pool.
Bratty, defiant children are just genetically superior.

Your username could not be more ironic. Oughta' call you Stormyclouds. Also you sound like a kindergarten Nazi.

Anyways, this chapter could use an incest tag. Don't see too much aunt stuff, certainly not aunt-almost-your-own-age. The mother didn't look particularly young, so I guess the aunt was just born a lot later.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

It looks like it is a much better take on the sort of self-aware yuri trope parodies than Yuri-Danshi.

Yuri-Danshi didn't parody yuri, though. It parodied (male) yuri fans, like its name suggests.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Feels like watered-down Yuricam.

...how? They are nothing alike besides the MC wanting to marry into money.

Girl who thinks she's straight goes gay-for-pay because she's greedy, slowly realizes she's not straight. Everyone is "wacky", i.e. totally nuts with super-exaggerated personalities. Parodying typical shoujo stuff. It has the same feel, right down to the fact that despite the entire cast being gay, no one will probably ever outright say so. Hence why this is subtext. Only reason Yuricam is yuri instead of subtext is because most of the other characters are clearly aware of their own sexuality, but since the main character is completely in denial about it and has 99% of the screentime, no one who matters will ever clearly say "I love you", even though there are many characters that clearly would. Clearly.

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 1:34PM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Feels like watered-down Yuricam.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Still nothing to deserve the yuri tag.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Lel, this series accidentally makes fighting games look terrible and people who play them insane. Which isn't that far off from the truth.
Also still no signs of any meaningful yuri.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

lol Danganronpa

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

A C T U A L
Y U R I
H I M E
M A N G A

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 6:31PM

Breakdanceanomicon
Sisters discussion 03 Jul 15:46
joined Jun 13, 2015

Touhou?

Oh, right. Forgot that was even a real game.

That's the difference, though. Even with its sizable fanart only fans, OW still is largely made up of actual players. Japanese waifu simulators like Touhou, Idolmaster, etc. are overwhelmingly fan-based because so few people relatively even care about the games. I should have specified that it's OW's balance between playing fans and non-playing fans that makes it so unique. Touhou is wildly one-sided.

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 3:48PM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Can't believe this person made Renai Boukun... I guess trash like that sells better.

Breakdanceanomicon
Sisters discussion 03 Jul 11:43
joined Jun 13, 2015

How rare is it to see an LoL doujinshi?
First time I see one.

Difference between LoL and OW in a nutshell. (gameplay aside, of course)
LoL is the most popular esport for several years now, yet OW's characters have actual... characteristics that allow even people who have never nor will ever play the game to appreciate and create fanart of them. It really is one of the few games in existence where such a sizable amount of fans have never experienced the game itself but only through a mediated lens. The only other franchise that I can think of that's similar is Metal Gear, I think.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Wow, the anime version of Taxi Driver looks great.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Anybody have any idea what she hypnotized the boy next door to do?

Just make dumb poses in an alleyway. As one does.

Always cheered Lelouch up.

I guess quarter-Japanese people are still pretty rare.

The only other one I can think of is Jolyne, so yeah.

joined Jun 13, 2015

Mochi's working on a new eye type for the energetic half of the couples, I see. Looks nice.