Forum › Posts by Wlfking

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

It took me years to figure out that my long silences stresses the shit out of people.

I think part of me has known this on some level but most likely justified it in some very pig headed way.

For me, it's just how I function when I'm in relaxed mode. It's when I'm talking a lot that people should actually be stressed, because that means something is definitely wrong with me.

Rough. Take care!

joined Apr 23, 2015

Is it just me or am I the only one that’s more interested in the side stores now :•)
Don’t get me wrong I do love me some Adachi but Shima need some sense knocked into her...I mean when is she going to snap

Often I do find side character more interesting. Can't say that's the case for me this time but as long as you're enjoying it.

joined Apr 23, 2015

Well. I have some good news. Some of the comments here don't quite match up with the impressions I got about our lead characters. (Though only slightly) So. Now I gotta to re-read the whole thing! ^.^

last edited at Dec 9, 2019 8:08AM

joined Apr 23, 2015

Can confirm. Introverts are exhausting to interact with. Just one more micro reason I tired my damnest to keep my introverted arse away from people as much as possible. Then you get stuck with someone for hours and think the universe has something against you.

It's very interesting that Shima keeps noting their silences. I think any other work would go "Well. They have a comfy silence. That's how you now it's special!" but no. Shima is still at least mildly bothered by it. That feels more realistic. If it becomes something she tolerates it will feel more earned I think.

joined Apr 23, 2015

Can I just say that this shit is literal cocaine to me? Every time they release a new chapter, I crush the phone I'm holding and snort it.

Bwahahaha!

Wlfking
Love Wars discussion 07 Dec 01:16
joined Apr 23, 2015

Snickers the game had to go with them on the date too. Naturally.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

I'd prefer it if the author doesn't just find someone for Mai to love to get rid of her. Wrapping up rivals just by having them conveniently find someone else always feels kind of fake. Also, there's more to her character than just being hung up on Nanoha. At its core, Mai's conflict is that she after being injured she decided to throw away her old life and chase after Nanoha. She avoids all her old friends, and her new friends are just Nanoha's friends. Her conflict is very similar to that of the main character of Koi wa Ameagari no You ni. She's chasing a hopeless love as a form of escapism.

So as a character, I think the natural completion of her arc will occur when she realizes she's running away from her problems and decides to actually address them. Her doctor said she might be able to play again if she went through physical therapy; maybe she'll do that. Or maybe she'll decide that she really doesn't want to play anymore, but she'll reestablish ties with her old friends. Falling in love with someone else might be part of that, but if that's all that happens, then she'll really just be avoiding her real problems in a different way. Her conflict won't be resolved until she can honestly say that it was her decision to stop leave the team, or she admits that she really wishes she could play.

I meant to same something about new girls issues.

I feel like most stories I've read haven't given the loser in the love triangle someone. Then again, I had been avoiding stories with love triangles.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

I guess writing only about happy couple is too difficult for the author. I did think that this story might be different, just like A room for two. I was always waiting for another new innocent pure love idea from this serie to surprise me. But
again I see cheap dramas. π_π which is really saddd, especially this case.

Or maybe they just don't sell or something. (Which would be a shame if true).
I haven't read a fan fic in well over a decade. I wonder how often they use love triangles.

Well. For the new girl in the story. I root for her to find someone. it just probably isn't who she's eyeing right now.

last edited at Dec 6, 2019 12:02AM

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

snort "the bear saw too" Oh. Don't mind me. I've had the latest batch open in a webbrower for days but haven't had time to get current.

joined Apr 23, 2015

The pet shop scene is one of the most scenes I'm looking forward to seeing it animated (if they ever get that far into the story).
I second this motion so much! so.many.feels.

The world is shifting more towards boomerangs over fishing according to Nagafuji? I think it takes a particular kind of person to get along with her and Hino seems to have it covered.

So one of the visitors to Hino's house talks like the little blue girl then, huh? Guess that story element is going somewhere after all eh?

joined Apr 23, 2015

Well. At least she asked nicely!

joined Apr 23, 2015

Hnng! trembles like was hit with an arrow got me right in the feels. Still not so use to a fictional person's monologue sounding so much like my own.
Great chapter. Can't wait for the next.
had to laugh at the fortune telling making and abrupt exit and now imagining her doing this at every mall she goes to.
Will read the bonus one later.

joined Apr 23, 2015

Why doesn't she tell her friend she's dating sempai?

I feel like there has been a few stories where this happens and we aren't told why a main character dates and doesn't tell their closet friend/s but I may be miss remembering/ and forgetting context that would answer that.

Bad joke time! Isn't that ladybug necklace . . . miraculous?! Don't kill me. I don't even watch the show.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

Now this is my kind of drama.

joined Apr 23, 2015

This is so good.
shut-in club?
considers joining. Finds out is somehow already a member. Surprised pikachu face

last edited at Nov 28, 2019 10:15AM

Wlfking
Teardrops discussion 28 Nov 02:57
joined Apr 23, 2015
  1. Cute as heck, wish it was longer
  2. Holy shit, this anthology came out yesterday, this was done so fast

I really need to learn Japanese already.

Wlfking
Teardrops discussion 28 Nov 02:45
joined Apr 23, 2015

That was terrific.

joined Apr 23, 2015

If people need to feel good about this, she has never failed to find someone new for the heartbroken loser of a love triangle. So even if she never continues or sequels, if she HAD then Sakura would have someone who would heal her heart.

And this story has two heartbroken gals. Doesn't automatically they would hit it off of course, but i wouldnt complain if they did.

joined Apr 23, 2015

Couldn't stop thinking how Yumika is available. Maybe If the author does another extra. ^.^
Don't lose hope Sakura. Fight on!

last edited at Nov 27, 2019 2:07AM

Wlfking
Image Comments 26 Nov 13:46
joined Apr 23, 2015
Ekjzthivaaewhv0-orig

those are SOME hobbies.

joined Apr 23, 2015

These extras are great and I'm sure it goes without saying but they could have easily gone on longer with the main pair alone. Those two were awesome and now amongst my fav yuri couples.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

This almost everything I want from a yuri. I tersting characterz. No run on gag. No gimmicks. Drama(possibly) but overdramatic and just for the hell of it.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

kicks feet up so we are back to doing what I love I see.
Also. Mum was so helpful offering to help eat candy like that

last edited at Nov 23, 2019 12:07AM

joined Apr 23, 2015

That was fantastic! The final extra was a terrific send off. What a fine and lovely pair.

I see how the chaotic use of side characters is not for everyone but I liked it.

joined Apr 23, 2015

It's not that i don't like her but i never really appreciate the love rival trope.

I'm trying not to flip out every time it comes up as it seems to come up a LOT. I usually don't even dislike the third wheel.

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 2:23AM