Forum › Posts by Luhood

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014
Luhood
Image Comments 09 Feb 21:36
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Wasn't there a story similar to this one? I remember there being one, but I'm too lazy to track it down.

Luhood
Image Comments 09 Feb 16:16
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014
[kitayashiki%20keke]

I'm pretty certain this was how I got into FemSlash. How nostalgic.

Luhood
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

"No Men's Land"? "Male-B-Gone"? "Where're da non-women at?" "Fewer men than K-ON"?

That said, 404: Men Not Found works rather well too. Everybody likes some web-humour once in a while.

Luhood
Bird Cafe! discussion 01 Feb 21:09
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

On the one hand I love the comedic 4-koma style of the series, and think it is really funny at times even.

On the other hand I really want to see some sort of romantic development between Hirokazu and Rin.

All in all it get's a Fave and a Sub.

Luhood
New Game discussion 27 Jan 07:00
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Well, they do eventually offer a possible explanation for why you only see girls.

It's not that we only see girls, it's that the male form is actually invisible to the Yuri-eye.

last edited at Jan 27, 2016 7:01AM

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

"Urbane"? Where in the world did that come from?

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Oh this manga is so silly. Just the way I like them, I suppose.

Also, Butts

Luhood
LOVE/DEATH discussion 17 Jan 19:20
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

This couple is ok but... where's the violence outburst? That's what I liked the best of this title :(
oh well, any good yuri is good,but I like much better the first couple crazy ass girls.

Well I've noticed that the new couple more or less seem to be the opposite of the first one. Shouko and Akkii seemed to be normal, goodie-girls at first before their weapons and violent tendencies revealed themselves. Aika and Mai-sempai on the other hand are at first glance mere delinquents, though when they get together they just go all dere-dere about one another.

I think it's a neat comparison, and I do hope it was intentional from the author.

Luhood
Fall discussion 09 Jan 08:28
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

I love it! A yuri manga where nothing really happens, just the way I like it!

Really, adult life is the best tag. Whenever I'm feeling down in the scrubs, or have just come out from a disappointing plot-twist-manga, I can always rely on a fluffy adult life story to be there to cheer me up.

Luhood
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Also lmao oh my god you can't be that loud during a sleepover. Imagine Akira's dad the next morning trying to pretend that he didn't hear them (and the other 3 were probably going at it, too). Awkward breakfast.

The dad awkwardly sipping his coffee, suppressing the urge to high five his daughter

OR

The dad just silently high fives Akira the next morning, Akira has no idea why

Yup, that sounds like such a dad-thing to do.

Luhood
Image Comments 29 Dec 18:39
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014
53024857_p2f

As someone who doesn't speak a lick or Russian (nor has ever seen the Anime, only read the Manga) I read it as Xopowo and was really confused. Such is life I guess.

Luhood
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

"End"? END?!? This can't be the end! It's too good to be allowed to end...

Oh well, if it really is the end at least we get a high-note ending rather than a fading out. I could live with this, even if I'd enjoy more yet.

last edited at Dec 25, 2015 8:51AM

Luhood
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

I do indeed need a Translators note for these "Indeeds" indeed. Is it a "Desuyo" thing or is it some other manner of Japanese grammar going on?

Luhood
Lily Love discussion 14 Dec 15:06
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Eh, I kinda like the way it's being handled. Both Mew and Donut are handling it in a mature-ish way, with Donut understanding that Mew is helping out an ex and that doesn't necessitate cheating, thus showing trust, and Mew tolerating Ploy as much as she has to whilst being clear that she isn't interested in anything more.

Mew is already showing impatience with how Ploy is treating Donut, and I reckon if Ploy does anything ridiculous, Mew won't hesitate in kicking her out for taking advantage of her kindness.

Yeah, this deals with the issues much better than most stories out there. Personally I don't really see what everybody has such a problem with, not everything can be happy-go-lucky fluff.

Luhood
Ayame 14 discussion 14 Dec 14:59
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Personally I don't think I would mind if this only briefly glances upon actual Yuri. Then again I'm one of those who really prefer Slice of Life before most other genres, so I might be biased.

Luhood
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

I'd say that Shadow's theory is kind of correct, in the sense that it's not angsty or dramatic. Which appeals to people. I don't know why.

Escapism perhaps? I mean, when all your ordinary life has is bitterness and drama you might want something else out of what you find on the internet, no? I know I have days when I want nothing but fluffy cuteness and go re-read Kase-san and The Real Her, yet other times I love the tension of a good Drama story.

Luhood
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

As a lover of Nana to Kaoru this kind of gentle Dom-Sub play really piques my interest.

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Fear, most likely. Fear of her own feelings, fear of the law for being with such a young person, fear for being with a girl at all. One of these "The Adult Mind sees thing the Young Mind doesn't" kind of things. That is at least the only "Positive Context" situation I can think of.

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

what exactly are strawberries?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry

I don't mean literally.

https://conservationwithella.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/straberry1.jpg

I too was confused about why Strawberries were relevant. Now I'm even more confused.

Luhood
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Chapter two of one of the greatest things to have graced this site! Wonderful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNpMiT5qpyI

Luhood
Bra Girl discussion 26 Oct 20:14
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Amazune Ryuta has excellent manga in Happy Negative Marriage and Kana to Kaoru.

Nana to Kaoru may just be one of the best Mangas I've read. I mean yeah, Bra Girl isn't bad either, but I think Nana to Kaoru may be his masterpiece.

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

New Update!!! Woo!!! Hiiragi Yutaka is quickly becoming one of my favourites here!

And regarding this update: "It's only subtext if you don't believe in it!"

Luhood
Image Comments 24 Oct 19:28
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

After reading Sakura Trick... this is quite tame.

Luhood
Stretch discussion 14 Oct 20:03
Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

I think the sorrow here is twofold.

One the one side we overhyped ourselves to the bloody skies. Always jumping at the chapter the second it comes out, always trying to see the small subtextual trials left in between the words, always yearning for that next fix. He put out a bait and we caught it like the lily-loving little fishies we are.

Though on the other hand, he did this to us. He left the bait out, he strung us along for 45 chapters, and the subtext was at times thick enough to put a spoon in it. He knew exactly what he was doing!

My biggest disappointment though is not in that it wasn't a Yuri ending, I could even have handled a het-ending or a "Confession ends in rejection" ending. This was neither Yuri nor Het, but the big problem is I'd barely even call it an ending at all. We don't get any conclusion, no satisfaction, and everything is still left unanswered.

Simply put, I think most of us here could've handled any kind of ending, but what we got was no ending. At least no ending that most of us could grasp. I think that's why so many of us are upset.

last edited at Oct 14, 2015 8:04PM