Forum › Posts by Shimapanda

Shimapanda Uploader
Live & Loud discussion 12 Oct 00:29
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Yes, I remember this artist...

...Are there any more works from him?

There's like ten or something doujins in the same vein and they're all amazing.

My dream is to release more despite the mixed impressions they tend to get, because I at least laugh my ass off every time. And clearly I'm what matters.

Something something haters gonna hate

Shimapanda Uploader
Yuri Danshi discussion 28 Sep 18:06
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Bless this manga

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

BTW, the pages are numbered incorrectly. There actually is no page 23. Page 24 is actually 23, etc. Could some mod change this?

I blame myself for failing to notice this during QC
orz

I have no idea how any of us managed to let that past. The page wasn't sent over by the scanner, wasn't cleaned or edited, and wasn't translated from the beginning!

All those involved have been slapped with a giant paper fan, and all the links have been updated as appropriate.

Wow, good to now that Yukiko make legit yuri that good hope for Room for two

Yukiko actually does do a fair bit of yuri! But anyway...

I've actually removed Yukiko from the authors list for this release because the more that I think about it, she was more an assistant role rather than a main role. People coming here looking for Yukiko's art aren't going to find it, after all!

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Why not simply say something like "Wait! This is the wrong Meibou Academy!!" or "Oh, do you mean the other Meibou Academy?" type things...? You don't really need to explain in any more detail than that she mixed up two schools with the same name for the joke to get across.

If this was in English and there were two schools called "St. Mary's Academy" (maybe one in one suburb, and one in the other) and you mixed them up, that's what you'd say, after all.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

And now... I'm impressed GiB worked on a kotoumi doujin, lol

Hmm? Why?

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Also, I've never been in a real relationship before so take this with a grain of salt, but don't people usually kiss before one month passes after they start dating?

Not if they're like Umi-chan.

(I think that was the point both Kotori and Honoka were trying to make...)

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Shimapanda Uploader
Passion discussion 09 Sep 06:47
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

The way to salvation from idol hell is to ship all of the ships

Come, little lost lambs, let me guide you to Nirvana

(hides devil tail)

last edited at Sep 9, 2015 6:48AM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I think it's based on manga

I thought Umi was in the kendo club in the manga.

She doesn't seem to be a member here, just welcome to come now and then if she wants due to being good at it.

.... no, she's a member, she just spends more time doing school idol stuff.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Mint chocolate is best, haters gonna hate

Shimapanda Uploader
Introduce Yourself..? 21 Aug 23:54
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I'm Shimapanda. Some people call me Shimama. Those people stink. Most others stick to just Shima.

I like cute girls, especially when they are loving all over other cute girls. Cute girls that are also idols are my weakness.

I also like bringing cute girls to the masses through the magic of scanlation. I mostly just translate nowadays because I'm too lazy to edit, and bully other people into doing the hard jobs for me.

Otherwise I'm probably derping around on computers programming things and stuff like that. Or complaining about things.

I'm not very interesting.

last edited at Aug 21, 2015 11:56PM

Shimapanda Uploader
Snowflakes discussion 20 Aug 04:49
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

20/10 credit page, I ROFL'd.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

This series is so great <3

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

wtf are you talking about, how could YuriHime stop publishing yuri -_-

That is what the editor mentioned, not me. Aye, but I'm the one assuming the worst-case scenario. We won't really know what sort of directional change they truly intended till starting from next year at least. But it's not really too much to worry about. The yuri genre has grown quite a bit. It's more than just Yuri Hime as you've noticed.

I was just disputing that poster who claims Yuri Hime don't publish the "dark" stuff, they always have. However, "fluffy yuri" has it's roots for a reason.

Also before saying something so crazy and nonsensical, at least give your sources.

Do some research next time. Why would any real yuri fan want the magazine to turn into a hetero one?
https://twitter.com/trinder_yuri/status/600852290115768320/photo/1

I think that is a lot of fearmongering. Yuri Hime wont suddenly turn into a het magazine.

Just in case. No one knows like I said. What is likely to happen though (if it does), might be more subtext, "moe-type fluff" stories and less explicit yuri. Because these things sell really well in Japan.

Please don't start these absolute bullshit unfounded rumours.

If you read the post you actually linked to, it's talking about the popular works that run in Yuri Hime and what makes them appeal to a broader audience (Citrus, Yuru Yuri). Essentially it suggests that they would like to focus on stories that are "another appeal + yuri", rather than "yuri + another appeal". There's nothing in here about "going to het" or some nonsense. It's about making good stories that happen to have yuri in them, rather than yuri for the sake of yuri.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Brilliant.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Hi wendy, the peeps over at NHFH got very busy with life, so chapter 2 got quite delayed. We (Girls in Boxes) are working on chapter 2 at the moment in their stead, and hope to have it out soon.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I have these dj on hands : 'Happy Holiday', 'Queen's Garden', 'Miniature Garden of Morality' the sequel has a panel of implied rape & it affected how a character behaves . All of them is Sekihara Umina's works. Pairings: LukaxMiku. Warning: Queen's garden is 60 pages, Miniature Garden of Morality is 110 pages, Happy Holiday is 50 pages - a lot. I need help with cleaning and beta (If readers forgive the neglect of SFX, I can do the TS). Please contact via Tumblr

Implied rape? Have you actually read the Miniature Garden of Morality? It's literally about a young Miku being repeatedly sexually abused by an adult she trusts. I don't mind that you want to translate it, but don't beat around the bush about the content here.

Buying that book taught me a lesson of reading the descriptions carefully before buying a doujinshi, even if it's one of my favourite authors.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

wtb more of this tag

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Tag suggestion: Stockholm syndrome

Pretty gross story tbh. :/

last edited at Aug 1, 2015 9:59PM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Nez Note

Just going to put this out there pre-emptively from the start, since LL doujins seem to bring out the worst in people. There is to be NO shipping wars. Things have really gotten out of hand, so posts that try to stir things up may be edited to remove said content. It's not likely to happen in this case since they go with the "acceptable" pairings, but I'll be posting something similar on the next few LL releases so it sinks in.

This doujin isn't even particularly yuri T_T

EVERYONE BE FRIENDS, OKAY? FRIENDSHIP IS GOOD!

Shimapanda Uploader
Permission for a manga 30 Jul 07:54
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

You'd need to ask permission from the people owning the rights of those titles, which would be the mangakas or their editors. I doubt anybody around there have authority to give you the actual permission to do that.

I'm assuming they mean scanlate from English to Spanish.

I tried to explain on IRC that they'd want to talk to the scanlators of these series, but I'm not sure they understood. (Language barrier and all that.)

Shimapanda Uploader
Dynasty Reader API? 30 Jul 02:15
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I'm pretty sure Dynasty is a Rails app, so it would likely not be particularly difficult to set up other json responses (render :json, eh?)

It's actually pretty interesting that the chapters have a json response...

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Lol, this is how the author sees EVERY couple basically.

Not so! Check out Tenryuu x Tatsuta Meal Set or Dandelion Reversi for examples of "switching". As with the author's Maki x Hanayo story (not yet released... cough, cough).

last edited at Jul 29, 2015 5:50AM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

What on earth is going on with this release's resolution???

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

god bless veebu