Forum › Posts by jtt

jtt
Image Comments 19 Oct 05:10
joined Jan 4, 2014
53113116_p0

So nice and peaceful... Quite different from the artist's other works I feel.

joined Jan 4, 2014

jtt

(as a small aside, on the last page, can someone please tell me what the おくづは means? Is it something like "credits" or "imprint"? Can neither find in my dictionary, nor get Google to translate it. Bing at least throws out something vaguely coherent, but "keep based on the" is still not all that helpful)

I couldn't find anything with the hiragana either - then realised it ended with 'ke' not 'ha' so I went with typing that into translate - okutsuke - which means 'Colophon' - the definition of which is - 'A statement at the end of a book, typically with a printer's emblem, giving information about its authorship and printing origin'.

So to summarize, to me it seems to fit being okutsuke / okuzuke (not sure which is right) - (Kanji 奥付け) meaning 'Colophon' - or basically publishers details?

...*ARGH* Thank you very much.

Not sure how the hell I managed to see that as a 'ha' despite reading it about 200 times, as well as typing the romaji to get the hiragana in the first place. So at least my guess from the context was correct, but I was still despairing of the definition (which would have been so much easier if my brain hadn't given up). As for the romaji, the hiragana seem to indicate it should be okudzuke due to the dakuten (づ)?

joined Jan 4, 2014

Cheerleading outfit, eh? Interesting. Got to love Nanoha's immediate reaction as well. I have to admit I find myself liking Nagomi Kissa's stuff despite the ecchi nature and the somewhat disproportionate upper bodies. Oh, and once again, stay strong Vivio... ;)

(as a small aside, on the last page, can someone please tell me what the おくづは means? Is it something like "credits" or "imprint"? Can neither find in my dictionary, nor get Google to translate it. Bing at least throws out something vaguely coherent, but "keep based on the" is still not all that helpful)

jtt
Image Comments 15 Oct 08:07
joined Jan 4, 2014
50688289_p0

Nice! Although I find Maki to look surprisingly tame... Btw: Depending on your browser, you can also just right-click and select "View Image" on the version above. It is scaled down in the coding, but the underlying images are usually full-size. Using the image location similarly yields the larger version, hence downloading the picture also works.

jtt
Beloved L discussion 15 Oct 07:59
joined Jan 4, 2014

Hmm, I dont think it was underwear, maybe like id badge? o.O
LOL, and then we'd get to see Wei spaz out like when she was hiding ^_^

I think she would handle an ID badge less ... carefully. I was thinking more along the lines of an earring: something that is more intimate and less likely to just come off.

jtt
Their Story discussion 14 Oct 14:41
joined Jan 4, 2014

Both bears, huh... Who would have thought.

(took me a while to realise that it really WAS a continuation)

joined Jan 4, 2014

As painful as always to read through

I love it

Agree on both counts. Not sure why I cannot stop reading a manga that makes me shake every time and feel seriously down afterwards, but it is one that I just can't skip whenever a new chapter comes out.

jtt
joined Jan 4, 2014

Waitttt.... It's not yuri? Where's my daily dose if fluffyness!?

Dowman Sayman... You may want to be cautious when seeking fluffiness here. ;-)

joined Jan 4, 2014

If you're interested, the chronological order is as follows:
Deep Blue Sea Like Me → The Secret Shokolad (vol. 1) → The Secret Shokolad (vol. 2) → Fortunate Re”lation [ re-release of Fortunate Relation; not yet scanlated] → Your Straightforward Expression → passion → Time for sweet living / Another work that we should be releasing soonish (not 100% sure on the chonological order of these two)

Maybe we should add this to Artist description so everyone can see it?

Seconding. That would be lovely. :)

Thank you for digging out that post btw. Was wondering where the heck I got the numbering of the various releases from again. And of course thank you to GiB / Shimapanda for all the scanlations and posting said order in the first place!

joined Jan 4, 2014

My guess it's a sequel to Your Straightforward Expression since they're already dating in that one. But as I said, you really shouldn't have to guess.

IIRC Passion actually comes after Your Straightforward Expression, which would potentially make this the sequel to that one?

jtt
joined Jan 4, 2014

... Anyone else ?

Mimika is pinching her own nose, and Yuzu have her hand on her ear

This.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Ruequi posted:

This is totally Nanoha and Fate. Lel. Made my day. Haa.

Now I can't see it any other way!

Indeed... Cannot be unseen. Darn it.

jtt
joined Jan 4, 2014

Didn't want to finish for fear of it getting weirder. Got to when she started to eat her and then stopped. Also I was afraid if I "kept making that face it'd stick that way," as they say.

Actually would strongly suggest reading it to the end if you've already read that far. The end makes it quite clear that it was a metaphor, allowing you to dismiss the eating scene as a nightmare, rather than a very twisted reality...

jtt
Beloved L discussion 06 Oct 21:40
joined Jan 4, 2014

That was fast... :)

Love the art, and looking forward to see where this one goes.

jtt
Yaoi-blcd discussion 06 Oct 19:45
joined Jan 4, 2014

Not wanting to steal their thunder, but they've added another manhua to their portfolio, one which is most certainly full yuri so far: "Beloved". Amazingly drawn as well imho, and a realistic interpretation of an age gap, which is rare.

joined Jan 4, 2014

The tone somewhat reminds me of "A Lollypop or a Bullet" in the first half, but I sincerely hope it does not go down a similarly dark route...

joined Jan 4, 2014

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuute

No fair... Was actually saying that out loud when I hit the discussion button. Now to go clean up the tea... :p

jtt
Cradlesong discussion 14 Sep 14:46
joined Jan 4, 2014

Is it bad for me to think that Yamada Mario's work is better drawn than the original? Lovely art and even more lovely story. (although I am a bit surprised that it is tagged NSFW, seeing as everything is hidden)

jtt
Lily Love discussion 03 Sep 16:29
joined Jan 4, 2014
joined Jan 4, 2014

Great art, was a hot and nice read.

Wish I could get more.

Agree... Would love to see their backstory and a bit more of their normal lives. I like my nsfw to be embedded as part of a proper story if possible. Still really enjoyed this one though.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Ineptify posted:

Anyone can teach me how to buy a book on amazon Japan and ship overseas? As much as I don't understand Japanese, but I thought to myself that I should buy this book :x

I bought my copy from http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1966856

You can just purchase it on amazon.co.jp like any other item: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4781614426/

Switch the language to English in the upper right hand corner and create a new account (amazon Japan is not linked with .com or .co.uk, so you cannot use your existing one). The rest is just the standard routine. Be aware that they tend to automatically send express (at least to Europe), which is great with regards to speed, but does bump the shipping cost a bit. Still quite humane compared to many other companies though.

jtt
Their Story discussion 04 Aug 18:35
joined Jan 4, 2014

And they are tickly. Nobody ever heard of "butterfly kisses"?

Not saying that you're wrong, but I had to google it just now. Well, the more you know

Butterfly kisses to the back of the neck can be quite ... fun. In a good way that is.

Sun Jing basically managed to grab a form of subtle kiss. ;)

jtt
Henai Girl discussion 25 Jul 16:17
joined Jan 4, 2014

I don't think so. Just plain crazy. Kinda reminds me of a manga by Dowman about 2 girls, one of which is obsessed with the other. It's something something Ayame, I think.

Ayame and Amane?

Ah yes, that's the one. Not to mention the rich one is the crazy of the two girls

Ayame and Amane really fits the bill, although this one also reminds me of Yuri Mekuru Hibi, albeit somewhat less entertaining in terms of the WTF factor.

joined Jan 4, 2014

nice read, but storywise I don't get it... what is happening?

Think "Their Story", only this time it's the pretty blond girl doing the pursuing and the tall dark haired one with the issues... Still, not a bad read. :)

joined Jan 4, 2014

Iruru, noooooo

Seconding that... Really hope Tooru can fix that without resorting to a cliche solution. :(