Forum › Posts by SushiKnight

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

That's odd, because I feel like more often than not, Arisa is the one initiating requests for some sort of intimacy. She's always really eager to do something, but then freaks out when it comes right down to it because she's unsure of what to do, or just gets too excited and loses her cool. When she thinks about the "old" Arisa, she gets really jealous of "her" and her ability to be so forward with Mari.

There are also times when Mari tries to initiate, and a lot of those times Arisa gets flustered. Much of that seems to stem from the same lack of knowledge on what to do with more intimate advances. (Or, occasionally, being overwhelmed by how cute her girlfriend is.)

There's plenty of other jokes too, but seeing as the manga is about their relationship, it would make sense that gags revolving around their desires for each other would be a recurring theme.

edit: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch14#1

The first six pages of Ch. 14 are very much about their desires for physical intimacy (and Mari's lack of agency prior to that point). Both Mari and Arisa are clear that they want to have sex, with Mari explicitly saying so on the first page. On the next page, Arisa is shown worrying about her current lack of experience, but after that she expresses her remorse over having been so timid up until then, and states that she, too, wants to have sex.

Of course, this is followed by Mari killing the mood somewhat, but I also think she's stopping there because she wants to let Arisa fully prepare for this thing they both want. She doesn't want Arisa to feel uncomfortable for their "first" time together. This whole sequence ends the next day, with Mari saying that she will let Arisa take things slow, so she can remember what to do. Mari then concludes with a bit of narration that expresses her sincere love for Arisa, no matter what. Whether Arisa is still the same woman she knew, or has become a different person, Mari loves her.

last edited at Dec 18, 2017 12:54AM

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

FINALLY!!! Some fucking progress!!! God I can't stand stories that just keep retreading paths we already know and wallow in the same story, let's hope this starts actually getting somewhere.

I agree that it's good that they're starting to get somewhere, but I wouldn't expect this to be a manga that progresses quickly, at least in terms of their relationship. It seems more like a comedy about these two trying to reconnect after all this time, dealing with the changes to the person they once knew well, mainly focused on they ways they stumble while getting to know each other again.

That said, the same gag of misreading the other person constantly certainly gets boring, and so far it has done a lot of that without much else to accompany it. In that way I definitely agree that the repetition without any sort of change has been getting stale.

Still, we're only on chapter 7 and they seem to be pretty short chapters most of the time. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

(Jeez I need to reread Girl Friends now. I barely remember who those characters are.)

I had nearly forgotten that there was a new series of Yamada and Kase-san. I was really excited when I saw the update in my email. Aaaaa these dorks! I love them so much!

SushiKnight
New Game discussion 14 Sep 17:34
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Don't mind me, just coming through to claim the 1337'th post on a manga about video games... >.>
I'm glad Naru and Nene are friends now. (I'm also detecting a bit of shipping potential about them now.)

SushiKnight
Image Comments 26 Jul 02:17
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
27374654_p0

Agreed. It was such an enjoyable game, I just loved every moment.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

themusicman500 posted:

Always thought this site earned a dollar for each transgender related conflict and Ulq / Rohan ban, hence its wealth.

Are Ulquiorra and Rohan the same person?

Yes, he made new account after his first one was banned making his ban kinda pointless. And he wasn't even trying to hid the fact he made new account.

The best kind of ban evasion: When the person in question lets you know they need to be banned again.

SushiKnight
Ayakashiko discussion 25 Jul 01:56
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Another chapter, another warm and fuzzy feeling! I suppose that sort of feeling is especially appropriate for a chapter about the cat, featuring a kotatsu even.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

More Mochi au Lait is never a bad thing. Also I always appreciate the post credits scenes, Stan. Keep it up!

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

This is too fucking cute. I can't handle it. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

kanan being unknowingly suave is such a good headcanon.
a good headkanon.

I approve of this pun.

And You should too.

last edited at Jun 23, 2017 12:51AM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

It's kind of a weird thing to say, but I liked it because it was Mochi, not because it was a good story or I liked any of the characters.

I sort of know what you mean. Maybe in my case it's just a matter of liking the art.

On a different note: Are hugs really considered "skinship"? That seems really weird to me, but I'm a very huggy person I guess. I was under the impression skinship was more... erotic?

SushiKnight
Ayakashiko discussion 23 Jun 00:26
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Someone better wake up on top of mahoro, be it emi or nene... I love sleepy cuddle scenes

Nene would make more sense to me, at least for the "you're still just like a cat" joke.

SushiKnight
Image Comments 10 Feb 04:03
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
60826113_p0

It's not just you, the shading is absolutely gorgeous.

Saber's left hand looks kinda small though.

SushiKnight
Lily Love discussion 14 Dec 21:27
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I've been feeling really sick the last few days and this was just the thing to cheer me up! Thank you, Musqueerteers and Ratana!

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

In addition to what others have said, the terms of Japan's surrender to the US during WW2 made clear that yuri mangaka would be required to say how great the US is when it comes to the acceptance of same-sex marriage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potsdam_Declaration

SushiKnight
Image Comments 04 Nov 03:48
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
57348153_p0

That booty in panel 5 cracks me up for some reason.

SushiKnight
Image Comments 04 Nov 03:35
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Dv_mc_111

Love the "kekeke"

SushiKnight
Kase-san discussion 24 Aug 02:56
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I think it's important not to let the very last line distract you from everything else she said in that page.

I'm thinking that Inoue came back for the school festival ONLY to race Kase one last time.
She says that she doesn't know what Yamada is thinking, due to her never having joined a club, I see it as a "you never had the chance to have a real rivalry" kind of statement.
I believe the request for Yamada to stay out of their way is her saying that her rivalry with Kase is a very personal matter to her. She wants it to stay something exclusively between Kase and herself, and not have anyone else involved.

I think Inoue is very passionate about her perceived rivalry with Kase. I wouldn't be surprised if she demands Yamada leaves during the race and Kase goes along with it (we all know how clueless and tone-deaf Kase can be ;p)
I see this lasting another 2 chapters, with it being resolved at the end of chapter 21.

edit: looking back at page 16, the fact that she starts saying "I.." and then switches to "Kase-san always saw that on the way home from school." actually makes me think that Inoue pointed Yamada out to Kase on their walks home, and then that's when Kase actually started crushing on Yamada. I'm starting to think Inoue actually knows Yamada is Kase's girlfriend, or at least suspects it.
What this means for Inoue's feelings towards Kase I have no idea, but it does make me think that she knows Kase could be distracted by Yamada while they run.

last edited at Aug 24, 2016 3:08AM

SushiKnight
Kase-san discussion 18 Aug 18:57
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I want to believe the high school in this story is actually the same one as in Kindred Spirits I will not be dissuaded

it has a track team, it has a gardening/beautification club, it has gay girls

Hell, it even has walls and a roof!

I laughed so hard at this post. Thank you for brightening my day!

SushiKnight
Kase-san discussion 06 Jul 19:00
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Courtesy of Hark, a vagrant.

Kate Beaton is so great. <3

SushiKnight
Water Depth discussion 01 Jun 03:10
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

i push you away because i love you
someone pls explain

The actual line is "I pushed you away because I loved you." so if I'm not mistaken, she's referring to the time after she kissed Fuyo, when Fuyo's parents were about to take her to see a doctor (probably a psychiatrist or psychologist).
I assume Kei was afraid how Fuyo would feel about her after the kiss, and so she pushed her away at that time, instead of supporting her like Fuyo thought she would. Kei goes on to say, on page 19, that she failed to realize Fuyo felt the same way about her.

TL:DR Kei assumed she screwed up, distancing herself from Fuyo when Fuyo needed her the most.

something like that anyways.

edit: and it turns out themusicman answered you sooner than me, much more concisely. that's what happens when I don't read the whole thread I guess!

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 3:12AM

SushiKnight
Lily Love discussion 03 May 00:37
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Parental Approval!!! :D

Is that a real tag? Because that should be a real tag. :>

(Of course it's not real. But I can dream!)

last edited at May 3, 2016 12:38AM

SushiKnight
Image Comments 21 Nov 00:50
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

^I like the way you think.

SushiKnight
Lily Love discussion 21 Nov 00:23
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

What I notice most about the first page is there's no room for Ploy between P'Mew and Donut.

That's a really interesting catch. Mew's position, snuggled so close to Donut, with her back turned to Ploy. Nicely done.

last edited at Nov 21, 2015 12:25AM