Forum › Posts by Chikaon

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This is one of those series where when they get together the whole point goes away.

I dont mind the repetitive gag as long as they kiss and make up by the end of it. I'll only start lighting the torches if it ends up like Stretch.....

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I'm predicting that they will both end up dying and being reborn again in the future. Ayafuji will actually die and Iris will go back to crysalis state only to meet again in the future and repeat the process all over again. They kinda hinted at it in the beginning here: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/vampire_chan_junior_chan_ch02#18 that Iris knew Sara before probably a century ago.

They also keep referencing those flowers that die and bloom over and over again so I don't think they're being that subtle of the direction they're taking it.

So in the end we'll probably get a bittersweet end where they'll separate now, but will always find their way to each other again when Iris wakes up.

(I'm not particularly happy if they do take it this way because i don't see reincarnation as a happy end. It always feels like a cheap way to bring couples back together, but they never have their old memories and are practically different people so even if they are "together" again, they arent really.)

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Holy shit, I love you senpai, but I'm still taking the money.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Oh god I should have expected an accidentally drank the pee joke, but....I didn't.

I'm actually really impressed how well the same jokes apply to a pee company of all things. It just proves work jokes are universal!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Oh god i have diabetes.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Millimeter by millimeter, they're slowly crawling along haha

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Story just went back to wtf levels.

"We need to learn more about each other!"
"Ok let me explain everything-"
"But not right now and I dont know when!"

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ahhh these new chapters are so good! Finally Maya's feelings are in the open. I can't wait to see what happens next.

I used to root for the het ending since both dudes are genuinely really good guys and Michiru wasnt....the best partner, hell not even a great friend honestly. But seeing her growth over the series and just seeing how hard she is working for Yuu-chan and to turn her life around really makes me proud of her and I do think that if Maya and Michiru are back together, they'd do things a lot differently this time.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

gonna leave this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH3xUnDm26s

Oh jeez the actresses for both of them are gorgeous * o *

Chikaon
Gunjo discussion 10 Oct 01:13
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

That lecture from the brother about parental love and family was really gag inducing

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I think this is the first time I didnt like an incest end. Usually the characters don't care after they find out they're sisters, but I feel like Akane and You ended up actually focusing on a sisterly relationship instead of a romantic one. Pretty bummed.

The beginning had promise but it just got too rushed and dumb at the end.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This was so amazing. I loved every bit of it. The angst was soul crushingly good, and it all felt worth it after that sweet happy end. Thanks so much for translating this gem. I'm definitely looking forward to more kanandia in the future.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The dudes are really throwing me off

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Personally still waiting for that Kanna sub-manga

It's already translated: https://imgur.com/a/kZrVR

Same goes for chapter 1 of the Elma spinoff: https://imgur.com/a/yWC9K

I love Elma so much. I think I actually prefer Tooru with Elma instead of Kobayashi. Their dynamic is more interesting, but I've always been more bias towards the enemies to lovers trope.

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 5:45PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I liked the series but the last chapter was really weird. I thought Yu/Yuko had sisters and had a family that supported his sex change? Where'd this brother all of a sudden come from? I wish they also went into Junko/Jun's family life and her sex change more too.

Chikaon
New Game discussion 25 Sep 08:32
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Man i dunno why i never checked this series out before cause it's fricken amazing. I thought how Kou left the company was really realistic and i loved her reasons for it.

Seems like everyone is talking bout the ships, but i thought that the Rin x Kou scene was done well. I think they're at that level where they just understand each other and they don't need the dramatic goodbye scene that Aoba needs with Rin. Their scene felt very personal in the familial/wife sorta way versus Aoba's scene is purely senpai/kouhai.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lol I wasn't expecting all that molestation from this even with the NSFW tag because I went in with fluffy and innocent Morinaga Milk in mind and not dark past Morinaga Milk.

I laughed at the "MADOKA IS ACTUALLY A MOLESTER?!?!"

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

KANAN x DIA!!! Loving the set up. Glad to see a doujin for them that isn't a one shot. Totally looking forward to the next part, but I feel like it might be a bad end? Or maybe left open ended depending on where the series ends up. If it ends before their 3rd year/before Aqours, I don't see it ending well since their relationship was pretty shit around that time, but if goes up until Aqours then I think there'll be a good end :D

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Just read the first chapter and it seems interesting so far. Anyone know if there is yuri (subtext or canon) in the series?

Chikaon
Image Comments 14 Sep 14:06
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
H1drucm

Huh surprised to see it's from Ohsawa Yayoi cuz it looks nothing like her usual artstyle.

Chikaon
Image Comments 14 Sep 13:42
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
Lottebirthday1

This is so cute! I gave the most embarassing squeal when I saw them reading Nightfall together at the end (one of the cutest moments in the show imo) so seeing more Lotte x Barbara stuff is always nice!

Chikaon
Image Comments 14 Sep 07:19
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
Cuqpg7ovuaahlpb-orig

NicoEli~~~~

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

That feel when you see rape and het in the tags, but the rape was in the yuri.....

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Homura is honestly just really bad at being evil and I love it.

I'd argue she was never evil to begin with but I digress :).

I agree. Homura isn't evil. Just really selfish XD

It's really a philosophical conundrum, Homura fights justifiably for her own self-preseveration, but in doing so she hurts the one she loves, which hurts herself. Ultimately my take is that accepting her sitation as hopeless would be tantamount to suicide, so she pretty much takes the only sane path available to her. Would you give up your life, love, and happiness for the good of the world? Most people wouldn't. Whether they SHOULD is the crux of the "did Homura do anything wrong" question.

I think Homura is actually very selfless. She was willing to turn into a witch and then die, without ever seeing Madoka again, to save her from being interfered with by Kyubey. She was also ready to accept Madoka's 'goddess' status even though it hurt her. She changed her mind when Madoka herself (though amnesic) told her she couldn't stand being separated from everyone she loves.

I saw those scenes differently. While it is true that she was willing to sacrifice herself and become a witch to save Madoka, that is just part of her selfish wish. She never cared about her own life, but always wanted Madoka to live no matter the consequences. She never accepted Madoka's goddess status and uses amnesiac Madoka's answer as an excuse to get what she really wanted which is Madoka to live a normal life. We all AND Homura herself know that Madoka wouldn't want this if she was self aware.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Homura is honestly just really bad at being evil and I love it.

I'd argue she was never evil to begin with but I digress :).

I agree. Homura isn't evil. Just really selfish XD