Forum › Posts by Dark_Tzitzimine

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I was expecting science babies.

I'm dissapoint.

But seriously, what the hell is going on in this story?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yuu and Touko are both awfully perceptive people. Yuu has always had a sorta 'meh' and 'hm mkay' kind of attitude, and the moment she behaved differently, Touko noticed and reacted right away. The moment the look in Touko's eyes changed, Yuu caught on really fast as well and... Yuu stuttering and speaking like that, is unlike her isn't it?

To be fair, anyone would reacted like Yuu with the crazy eyes Touko did back there.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The only thing chapter 13 made clear to me is that Touko needs therapy.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh boy, drama is closer than I expected.

last edited at Jul 1, 2016 2:31AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

http://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articles/1606/30/news112.html

Holy crap

That girl is incredibly dedicated or fricking insane.

Maybe both.

EDIT: Oh, is just a publicity stunt for Animeexpo from Seven Seas. Is slightly less impressive now.

last edited at Jun 30, 2016 11:08AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Count me in for the test Lune.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Reading this manga before going to bed is bad, I can only dream of food afterwards.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The tone of those series is obviously different but they follow the same plot beats: perky blonde girl shakes the world of the more serious brunette, blonde develops strong feelings for the brunette while brunette struggles to understand these new feelings blondie is stirring in her, conflict and misunderstanding happens, things work out in the end and they become a lovely couple.

Girlfriends is different on its structure since it dealt more directly with the implications and consequences of coming out on top the usual romance tropes. I guess that is what I find distracting, Morinaga's works of late are just different takes on the same romance tropes, lacking that layer that made Girlfriends so special.

Mare is the anomaly on Morinaga's output but also is one of her earliest works.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Malibu and Ropponmatsu, thank you so much for translating chapter 7. You guys are the best.

That being said, After reading a few series from Morinaga, it does start to feel that they all follow the same structure. Thankfully she hasn't gotten to the point where reading one series is like reading all of them but is still kind of distracting.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yuri Girl 1001 posted:

The first 10 pages were ultra adorable. First time skip made no sense whatsoever. Author honestly should either skip it or put more thought into it/flesh it out better cos it only ended up as a mess that overshadows the great first half.

I had no problem with the time skips; I liked the way the story jumped forward to show how things worked out. This was an extremely cute story. I liked it a lot.

I don't mind time skips, but especially first one made no sense. Ok, so it opens with scene that suggest clearly they are living together for a while now. But MC is looking at photos of kid which she send her before and all have long hair, then she comes back and remove wig. So MC complains why she cut her hair. Wait what? I seriously had to pause to re-read it and try to understand. So from age 5 kid knew clearly that MC likes long hair and even send her exclusively a photos with long hair, but now it is suggested she actually had/at some point cut her hair short, but she purposely wore wig to deceive MC? What? And she says she is doing it for MC, but she removes wig the moment she comes back home, so she is doing it for everyone but MC. So if she knew it would piss MC and would be pain in the first place why she cut her hair? So now after MC got mad (not a first time I assume, if it is first time it is even more stretched then) only now she decided to wear wig at home too? And when it isn't working, feeling guilty she decides to grow her hair again and that somehow leads us into random sex (which is not even shown in full) that only happened cos that supposedly makes hair grown faster. My guess is because we reached 3/4 length of doujin and that is where sex scene usually happens. Next time skip is actually nice and shows in that 1 page much better how their live looks right now, but after the clusterfuck of previous one, I spend way too much time trying to make any sense of, I couldn't really get into it anymore.

Like, I get it that it is supposed to charming. Them bickering as a couple. But it really made no sense and felt more like author had some ideas how they life could look after time skip and just crammed it together in few pages, but didn't actually think through if it would make sense for characters to act like that. To me their interaction just contradicted each other. They feel like just random stuff that clashes with one another and things just happen so it can lead to implied sex cos that is how 3/4 part of doujin is supposed to go. First 10 pages were great cos they felt genuine and flow nice. After time skip it is no longer genuine, flow is terrible and it more feels like by the numbers, what doujins should have. And even thought I don't mind second time skip, it entirely focuses on the whole "growing hair again" part so its potential felt a bit wasted, maybe if that was the first and only time skip instead and all pages were used on it, I'd like it much better. Author (I think) had no limitation about pages, but I guess she decided to go for 16 as it is standard number for short one shot, but if so, she really should have put more thought into it if she was limiting herself like that.

"That reminds me of when we first met. You had such long hair, so you were naughty from young age" I was totally sure she was going to say it ;x What a wasted opportunity for a joke.

Yeah, that interaction after the time skip was weird as hell. It was like we missed some pages or something.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Over gamefaqs an awesome user is considering to translate Bhikkhuni and he translated the final relationship scene between Rinka and Koharu.

Is really gay

Koharu: Couples-Only Jumbo Chocolate Parfait…?

Rinka: Yeah! It looks really good, doesn't it? Manpukumaru told me about it.

Koharu: And you want me to come with…?

Rinka: Yeah. You up for it? They’ll only let couples order it.

Koharu: I don’t remember us being a couple…

Rinka: W-well, I guess we’re not, but I didn’t have anyone else to eat it with…

Koharu: Why? Knowing you, there are plenty of people who’d love to!

Rinka: Sorry, that’s not what I meant…I just wanted us to eat something together, Koharu. So when I heard it was couples-only, I thought it’d be nice if I could go with you.

The rest of the scene is here

http://pastebin.com/S6PqMFYm

Anyways, while he's interested on translating the rest of Bhikkhuni's dialogue he's still learning japanese so he'd like to get help for someone more experienced in the language to get some advice and how some stuff could be translated better and to check his translations. If someone is interested, you can drop him a line on the GF thread

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/144567-valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni/73462255?page=15

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So good news, Daidouji in Uppers totally will get in the fun with the onlooker girls

The bad news

The game looks terrible

https://youtu.be/fjYSNnuRjJE?t=26m47s

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 21 Jun 23:40
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

With 119 pages of comments, I'm sure this has been addressed.

I think the lure to this series stems from the polar opposites, not just the characters, but also the ways they try to reach each other.

Mei is a tangled mess. Pointing out where she does not find conflict in her heart is easier than listing all of the conflict itself, and yet while she resides in that conflict she keeps trying to express herself.

Yuzu has no real conflicts within her heart, but she creates them for the sake of others. She feels a great deal for Mei, but she restrains it in order to allow Mei the chance to see Yuzu for herself.

Mei was impulsive with her love, despite her normally calm and coordinated lifestyle.

Yuzu was restrained with her love, despite her normally zealous and unbridled lifestyle.

Love will always involve changing yourself, and it can leave you permanently changed. The entertainment here may have to do with how each is changing to be more like the other in order to get closer to each other. This "Ch. 17" was a prime example of that. Despite being praised for her "real self" by a middle school student, she changed her hair color to set a better example, most likely to please Mei. Mei made it clear she knows it would be a front, but also makes it clear it would make her happy to see the change in Yuzu's behavior.

This is an excellent analysis of their relationship and I think you are in the right track, the core of the plot is for the girls to find a middle ground that allows them to grow as person and to nurture their mutual love. The different characters that are introduced through the chapters is not to introduce cheap drama but to serve as catalyst for the sisters to change.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 21 Jun 18:06
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Ch 17 at last. Awesome

last edited at Jun 21, 2016 6:06PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The comedy of this series rests entirely on Akina not realizing she's really an otaku or super gay, and I really doubt the author's given any thought to changing that. So if she does accept either of those things (or both), that'll likely be the end of the series. Which is disappointing in the extreme, since this series has tonnes of potential to be amazing.

I've found that the funniest chapters are those that have both sides of Akina's social circle meet and interact. The ones entirely focused on Akina are by far the worst ones.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Better chapter than later chapters but still in the mediocre side. Oh well.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Kanna is best character

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I wasn't thinking of getting the right now but is at discount and pretty cheap in my local currency plus this patch release and well, I couldn't let it pass.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I didnt thought it was that depressing. He's finally facing things up and by living on his own he's free to ask for help to his friends or profesionally.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Seeing Trica genuinely fall for Hiro got me unreasonably happy. And Churio continues to be best girlfriend.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

the saddest thing of this upload is knowing Minase Ruru isn't doing anymore yuri in the foreseable future

It hurts ;_;

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Since I know a lot of people were worried about the yuri level in Siren, this should be enough to put those fears to rest

I will never let her go. I won't give her to anyone. Her heart, her body, all of Urara belongs to me, Kisaragi Setsuna.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I've gotten so acustomed to the cute hijinks of the story that seeing bare breasts is so jarring now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Wow, Shiramine's mom is such a bitch.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Takaki interested in a VDxSK crossover

https://twitter.com/KenichiroTakaEn/status/740013266563276802