Forum › Posts by Hollows

Hollows
CLiP discussion 21 Apr 15:23
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Awesome! Another Vocaloid doujin! And not only that, we get Luka X Miku pairing, which i really love! And I agree: Miku should have this personality. She looks like a childish one to me. Just one question, though: who came up with this pairing and why is it so popular?

The song: Magnet

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Since the author said that Ran might be Yukari's successor, I thought that Yukari wanted to try and let Ran become Yukari before it was time to see if she was ready. I think it turns out that Ran wasn't ready after all, and Yukari had to turn her back.

Although it seems that Ran wasn't against it, which is why she suggested that Chen grow her hair out too.

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

The latest chapter sure was cliche.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Koukuma in glasses is so cute XD

It's the best. Yohane did great with this Koa.

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

The wheel represents death and rebirth. If an object "with wheels" crosses the barrier, it could be perhaps interpreted as an object transcending the cycle of eternity.

The bike helped Keine transcend Mokuo's sense of eternity. Mokou began to notice cycles again, of seasons, of change, of bicycles. Even after Keine is gone, Mokuo would surely remember her.

Keine was always afraid of one day leaving Mokuo behind. Ran's whole lesson about time dug up her fears. Perhaps she wanted a way to slow down metaphorically and physically. Although she knows nothing can go faster than light, she still wanted to go fast enough. To make more cycles and go greater distances. The wheels are Keine's mortality, which she has, upon the end of the story, taken control of. She wants to go faster and faster to make her time with Mokou more worthwhile and memorable.

But take my explanation with a grain of salt, if you choose to take me seriously at all.

Hollows
Suwakoto! discussion 10 Dec 17:16
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I think you're overthinking the Yotsuba parody a bit.

I must agree. But given that this trope is all over the touhou fandom and always confuses me to no end. I might have over-reacted a bit.

Hollows
Suwakoto! discussion 09 Dec 23:25
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I don't get why people in Gensoukyo should be age-conscious at all. Most youkai and even some people have extraordinary ages. Considering that humans aren't even the dominant group in Gensoukyo, there should be no reason why everyone would base their conception of old and young on the scale of humans.

Especially when a youkai monk is talking to a native god.

Hollows
Mine discussion 09 Nov 22:03
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

The worm said "hello,"and I went "d'awwww." I love these small details that get put into some works just feel right.

Hollows
Citrus discussion 16 Oct 21:41
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

The story just became amazing. But I fear something really dark is going to happen and kill my naivete.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

There's the comedy tag but..... It's not funny.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Is that really child Yukari who was shown being attacked? She doesn't have any ribbons on her body. The hat and clothing looks more like Mari. The fact that Mari is the one who is having the flashback despite never having given birth should support the idea that the attacked person is Mari. After all she should have no idea about the child's history.

Also, that lie (it was obviously a lie) that Mari told Renko to make Renko think the baby was theirs is probably so that she would raise the baby with Mari right? After all, the story gives no indication that the baby was truly Mari and Renko's. Mari probably had an unexpected pregnancy and chose Renko for the father role.

Hollows
Fragtime discussion 08 Oct 20:41
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Has anyone else bothered seeing the "time stop" as a metaphor instead of a real power?

Despite the long hair girl's inventiveness (if you can even call it that) in using the time-stop for her own benefit, the time-stop girl has never really allowed anything important to happen while time is stopped. Not to mention that she's been doing this for years and the people around her never realizes. It should be obvious that "stopping time" is not just a straight-forward superpower for the time-stop girl. She never does any of the things a typical person with the power might, and she is not held responsible for the typical consequences for time-stopping. Not to mention it makes even less sense that the long hair girl is the only one allowed to move if her ability was a conventional superpower.

While she might have mentioned in the beginning that she could "rob a bank," it becomes obvious that the reason this ability exists is to allow her to literally and metaphorically "spend time with the one she loves." So far, the story seems to be exactly that. The time-stop is just an instrument of love. Love and time are the central theme of the manga.

So there's no reason (according to no one but me) that we should expect a bad end. Only because I cannot imagine a BAD END that stays true to the theme of "spending time with the one you love," which the story has been about this whole time. I could be wrong, considering I'm not very imaginative.

No matter how manipulative the long hair girl seems, could any of her actions qualify as significant enough for it to represent the story? I think not. There's no need to fear that her personality will snatch away a happy ending. Again, I suppose I could be wrong.

last edited at Oct 8, 2013 9:01PM

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

After reading three chapters and then finding out it's futa, I honestly do not care anymore. Doesn't anyone else feel that they need a sense of closure to the story, even if it's futa?

And given the amount of futa works on this site already, it wouldn't be such a bad thing to translate the chapters and let the readers decide.

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

The goldfish is the youkai and the bowl is Gensokyo.

When the youkai presents the bowl to Yukari, the premise that the goldfish "cannot live in water outside anymore" is similar to the youkai's situation. Which is: live in Gensokyo or die outside. Since the youkai was going to die soon, I suppose he presented the goldfish to Yukari as a final insult to her ideals.

Yukari and Ran understood his intentions right away. They were able to catch the metaphor easily perhaps because the Yakumos had some history with him as evident from the story.

Yukari did not want Chen to eat the goldfish in the same way that she does not want those living in Gensokyo to die despite being limited. However, she does realize that the goldfish will be limited by the tank and is troubled since she does not have an answer. She says to Chen, "if it ends up in someone's stomach, that too will be karma." since at that point she believed that perhaps fate has a better answer than she did. It is for this reason that she did not scold Ran, because Ran presented her an answer to that youkai's problem while she had none. Ran killed the youkai, and Yukari kept wondering if that was the right thing to do.

When the goldfish grew bigger, Yukari says, "well don't come crying to me when you change your mind [about eating it]." Or in other words she was telling herself, "if a youkai grew to resent Gensokyo for limiting them despite it being the only thing keeping them alive, not even I have an answer."

But Chen's answer "when I changed my mind [about eating it] it'll be because I know it's time to eat it." Was what solved her troubles. It means to her that there was nothing to regret about the youkai's death. The youkai died under Yukari's watch because she in her heart has always wanted him to die. In the end it seems that there was no real dissatisfaction among youkai regarding their lives in Gensoukyo. The youkai in this story alone had brought it up to bother Yukari. The truth was that only this youkai had grown incompatible with Gensoukyo, but was unable to do anything about his fate other than protest to Yukari.

At that moment Yukari realized the youkai died because he had given up on Gensoukyo, and Gensoukyo had given up on him. He has literally become too large for the "bowl (Gensokyo)," and it was time to "eat" him. Thus, she overcame her own troubles and had Ran make a feast to celebrate. It became clear to her that Gensokyo, or "the bowl" is not the problem. The youkai was the problem. and it released her from her doubt about the Gensokyo situation. It told her that her creation of Gensokyo wasn't as the youkai said, restrictive. It was a necessity. Goldfish cannot grow without a bowl.

Furthermore, the fish metaphor also extends to Reimu. Yukari watched her because Reimu was what came to her mind when she watched the goldfish. In a sense Reimu is a "big fish in a small bowl." She is much stronger than all of Gensokyo (at least for now). That is why in the last page Yukari kept using the fish metaphor for Reimu, saying, "she's more of a fighting fish than a goldfish." When talking about her behavior.

Fighting fish do not outgrow their bowl like goldfish, but instead like to monopolize it. Yukari is saying that she will never become like that youkai, thinking herself too great for Gensokyo. Although she will fight to keep Gensokyo her's, like how she keeps exterminating youkai.

I really enjoyed the story. The allegories kept the characters multi-dimensional. Despite their moral ambiguity, I can say that they still tried their best to do good. While I don't usually like stories that depict Reimu as a youkai exterminating tyrant, I was OK with this since the author did show her to love Gensokyo in her own way.

last edited at Mar 14, 2016 5:19PM

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

"Kisume have you been well?" was the funnest line in the book.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I'm glad the the reader has a decent amount of PatchuKoa. It's probably my favorite touhou pairing. Unfortunately other really popular pairings are severely underrepresented in the reader such as AyaMomi, RinOkuu, YuuParu, KomaEiki....

Well despite that I don't think we can ever have enough of any touhou yuri pairing.

last edited at Aug 14, 2013 9:41PM

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

How could a doujin with the tags "moe up the butt" and "comedy" be so....amazing.....

I haven't read a touhou doujin this good in ages.

last edited at Aug 5, 2013 10:59PM

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

This series becomes more awesome after each chapter. This is definitely one of the best series I've read so far.

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Have you ever noticed how alot of artist portray the whole Youmu x Lunasa pairing with Youmu being a huge freaking pervert, I positively hate those cause it's like just there for laughs but it isn't that funny XD

You mean there are more Lunasa X Youmu doujins? Where? I thought this was just a crack pairing that yohane and this person had in common.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I think being an English speaker in any Asian country (maybe not India) damages one's perspective on these things a bit. When I lived in China the people I work with and know are all people who were already exposed to western culture and ideology. So they tend to be more understanding of these kind of things. Many of them spoke almost perfect English despite never taking classes outside of China.

On the other hand, there are many stories about homophobia that even makes the news sometimes. I suppose it's all about what kind of people you know.

last edited at Jun 21, 2013 4:42PM

Hollows
Citrus discussion 15 Jun 14:25
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I have never seen so many things go wrong at the same time in a yuri manga. I wish I could have read the whole thing at once, because the wait is killing me.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Patchouli x Koa and Mari x Renko.
I think for most pairings I am pretty unfaithful. My interests change as I read more doujins. But these two pairings I have loved since the beginning.