Forum › Posts by shadesofgreymoon

shadesofgreymoon
Lily Love discussion 08 Jun 03:10
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'm not fine with it, like I said, I'm annoyed with Donut.

I get that she was already hurting from seeing what she thought was a kiss, and then discovering in a bad way that Mew was leaving overseas for 2 bloody years. I get that she was overwhelmed and having her BFF confess to her was like a giant shock and thus a sort of tipping point. But it was a shitty thing to do. I'm glad she realized immediately that it was shitty, so something good did come from it, but still, it was shitty to do, and I'm annoyed with her. It doesn't really make me dislike her though, just adds a little more dimension to her character for me. If she hadn't realized she had done something horribly wrong though, that would be an entirely different story.

shadesofgreymoon
Lily Love discussion 08 Jun 02:36
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

m envious of them, though, I'd volunteer in a heartbeat to help them if they needed another native English speaker for anything, but I'm sure they hear that all the time. XD

Exactly ;) so no, thank you ^^"

LOL. It's all good, it wasn't an offer, it was a comment meant to offset anyone else asking, ahahaha. I used to do fansubbing a fair while back and we always had people pestering us about the same thing. ^^;

last edited at Jun 8, 2016 2:37AM

shadesofgreymoon
Lily Love discussion 08 Jun 00:22
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Waaah!~ I wanna see more!! >o<) Why do the updates have to take so long!! gnaws on pillow

http://yaoi-blcd.tumblr.com/post/144523108475/pyroxyle-this-sums-up-our-relationship-with-old

Indeed. +1 to you. XD

shadesofgreymoon
Lily Love discussion 07 Jun 23:44
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Waaah!~ I wanna see more!! >o<) Why do the updates have to take so long!! gnaws on pillow

Translating, editing to make it sound right in English AND so that it fits in the bubbles, editing out the original text and other photoshop-y things, the typesetting, it all takes time, and communication between a lot of different folks. I am envious of them, though, I'd volunteer in a heartbeat to help them if they needed another native English speaker for anything, but I'm sure they hear that all the time. XD

shadesofgreymoon
Lily Love discussion 07 Jun 22:56
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

The problem is that the story showed very little of Donut's internal struggle or made any more mention of the kiss afterwards, so there's little to connect the two acts in between it happening and Donut's breakdown with Ice. Something Ratana needs to pay more attention to in future stories, that's all.

This is true, we didn't really see a lot of her internal struggle post-saw-not-really-a-kiss. I concede the point. :)

I guess maybe I just overanalyze, but we did know she had already begun down that road of "WTF?!" after her initial conversation with Ploy in the bathroom. Ploy coming on to her the way she did didn't help, I'm sure. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lily_love_ch15#4

At least, that's the way I've always seen Donut's character. Confused about everything she's learning and experiencing, having to sort how she feels about all of it and just how to act on it all, and at the same time sorta being just swept away by it all.

shadesofgreymoon
Lily Love discussion 07 Jun 21:35
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

im confused as to how donut came up to that lesbians are just casual so kiss whoever i want conclusion. like she knows pmew is leaving for a scholarship and then jumps into a kiss with ice, like how is that the next logical thing??? lol

Because she "saw" Mew kissing Ploy.

Yes, this.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lily_love_ch20#14

It happened right before all the nonsense with Ploy's crazy ex taking away Donut.

I guess people forgot about that part of the story line, since there has been some time between releases.

My reaction was not "OMG WHY DONUT Y U DO DIS" it was "Donut, I get it, you found out a friend you were close with loves you as more than a friend, and you think that apparently all lesbians do it, so you snapped and tried it yourself... and figured out that it's a shitty, shitty thing to do to another person."

There was also some commentary between she and Ploy in the ladies' room when the three of them were out for a meal. Don't think that helped poor Donut, either.

But then again, I try to hard to be logical sometimes, even with illustrated stories. ^_^;;

last edited at Jun 8, 2016 2:44AM

shadesofgreymoon
Lily Love discussion 07 Jun 17:26
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Everyone keeps talking about how Donut's behavior "came out of nowhere". She thought she saw Mew and Ploy kissing on the beach, did everyone forget that? That has been going around and around in her head ever since. No wonder she's so rattled and confused, she has had some pretty damned confusing "guidance" during this whole self-discovery trip, ne?