Forum › Posts by Melon

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is great. Beautiful art and a promising story. So rare, thanks again sexy aikaba detectives, you pick up the best stuff! :D

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This "to be continue" somehow scares me O.o but i love it!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I've been waiting for this to be translated! Thank you so much!

Melon
Liberty discussion 03 Dec 02:51
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

The story is getting worse and worse, lol. I don't even know with who to sympathize anymore. Just get together with your senpai, you deserve each other. Then doormat-san can go back to... whatever... being a doormat somewhere else...

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I love this... Thank you so much Sexy Aikaba Detectives for picking it up <33333

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

No, I wanted to see what tentacle-san looked like. But I guess I'll respect her privacy :)
I find it hilarious how expressive this tenatcle-san is without even a face xD

Melon
VW discussion 28 Nov 08:13
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Man, such a nice art style!! And I love the setting. I want a series :3 pretty please

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Such an airhead, I love it.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I looove this. :) beautiful art, nice chemistry, sexy... :)

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I feel the black haired girl. the more you learn about yourself, the more you hate about yourself. This was nice, though.

last edited at Nov 24, 2019 6:21PM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Bwahahaha! This is so silly. The first time I read it, I disliked it, but it seems now I am in the mood for this silly story. So melodramatic, love it!

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

The credits pages are killing me...

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

hard-boiled! :D

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

It definitely is being realistic. Kaoru is acting exactly like you would expect of her, really, that's how her character is. The lies from Risako this time are doing the opposite of reassuring her, the thing is she knows they're lies and can't pretend so easily now.

I was hoping she would accuse Reiichi but it figures she would go passive-aggressive. He would just deny it anyway. Definitely Uta leaving has unblocked the situation, in a sense she was playing "we can stay together (and I can ignore the lies) because of the kid!" But now that doesn't really work.

I'm not sure how it's going to happen, Reiichi and Kaoru both tend to avoid conflict, but this is just the first little blow-up. My impression (from watching other people) is that most divorces don't happen in a day, there is a period of arguing and lies being exposed in the case of cheating that goes on for months to years.

Well, now to wait another seeming eternity for the next step, probably going to Uta for a bit. If you read it all at once, the plot is actually going pretty fast, but because it's a serial it seems really slow.

thanks for your thoughts on this. Because it goes so slow, i always forget what happened. I also think it is realistic. Kaoru is a mess. But her world crumbles and she desperetaly wants to hold on. As you said, it might be a process. I really need to reread this series sometime.

I think the ones frustrated with the story are mostly because there is no yuri payoff and it's likely there won't be.

The Kuro parts definitely feel like they're in another story/universe.
But besides that, the main characters here are all very well developed and interesting. Plus the mystery around Risako and what actually is going on with Reiichi.
I just think people have to read this without expecting any yuri, but more like a story about complicated issues and dynamics between the characters.
And this is what makes this story special. It's not the classic "safe" unrequited love story where the mc actually gets together with their love interest in the end, but the possibility of actual unreturned feelings is real.
It's just like when you know a character won't actually die, so the emotional impact it has on you is not strong. Seems like here the author has the guts to actually follow through that- a non ideal but realistic ending. We need some of this in manga too.

The Story is not called "My unrequited Love" for no reason. But who knows, at least it is interesting, you can't easily predict what will happen and it does not just follow the same formula. I hope it's going to be an open end.

Maybe Risako is unhappy as well. She might actually want Reiichi, but can't have him, because he's married. Maybe everybody's love is unrequited in the end...

last edited at Nov 16, 2019 8:54PM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This looks like a hell of a ride :O

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I like how this story points out that people CAN be too considerate (whether with good intentions or because of brownie points) and don't need to treat others like a raw egg.

Yea, me too. That can be pretty rude even if there were good intentions.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Morinaga Milk is amazing. They can write an amazing series like girlfriends about first yuri school girl love and then also a story about two grown, relatively mature women. The mangaka satisfies my needs in a wholhearted way :D

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

please no love triagle..........., well anyways, even if Kirigaya had a crush on Tadoroko. She wouldn't have a chance. Bc Tadokoro only looks at Nikaido.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This made my day... worse :( shouldn't have read this first thing in the morning.

last edited at Nov 7, 2019 2:29AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I'm not sure anything would dry me up faster than someone feeling like I needed their help crossing the street.

Lol, haha. But she's "sheltered" :D

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Please don't try it. Your poor brain cells

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

She attacc, she protecc, but most importantly: she won't bully you bacc

You had one chance to make a catchy rhyme and you blew it.

She attacc, she protecc, but most importantly: she gay

i think kirigaya rhymes on gay too

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Hm I guess you are right. Maybe that's what bothered me. She is not depicted as a creep, but when you think about it... xD

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Here comes Kirigaya, redeeming herself, maybe^^

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

the raws look so amazing. i wonder if anyone is currently working on them O.o