Forum › Posts by esn

esn
Sono Hanabira Games 02 Apr 11:21
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I've gone through all of the ones translated like 3 times, just finished the 3rd run yesterday, I love em. Favorites are MaixReo and ErisxShizuku both of these couples have a good dynamic relationship, lots of fun. Really interested in RisaxMiya, looks like they could be a favorite for me... but I guess we gotta play the waiting game for that.

I was not a fan of RunaxTakako, duno, just didn't like the characters...

KaedexSara, here I love Sara's character, a character who always speaks her mind... but is paired up with Kaede who has self esteem problems, a type of character which I am already bored of (Takako kinda falls in this category as well).

Yeah, I got tired of Kaede's self-esteem problems very quickly. I prefer much stronger characters. I heard ErisxShizuku is good, so I will definitely play that one!

I've been kind of binging on them. They kind of go way too fast :(

esn
Sono Hanabira Games 02 Apr 10:34
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I've played some, but my intention to do so in order got broken a while back. I've ended up playing both YuunaxNanami straight through, but still haven't finished the first RunaxTakako game after I got hit with the abrupt halfway ending. They're pretty well written fluffy yuri - I don't think the sex scenes would be anywhere near as enjoyable if they weren't.

Indeed! Well, I just finished #5. On to #6 with YuunaxNanami! I accidentally got a halfway ending. Immediately went back and redid my choices. Thankfully the skip option is available. I can't stand missing something. I really want to play the RisaxMiya one, but the patch isn't out yet that I know of :(

last edited at Apr 2, 2014 10:34AM

esn
Sono Hanabira Games 02 Apr 07:34
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

So, I just started playing(actually, reading) this series. I'm now on #5, going in order of creation. I figured since there isn't a discussion about them here, there should be!

I know Yuri Project has some of the newer ones in translation. Can't wait for their English patches!

As for the games... I honestly didn't know that much about them. I had figured they featured sex occasionally, given that I saw the MaixReo OVA, but since these are the first visual novels I've played, I am not familiar with the mechanics. They have a lot more sex than I expected.

As for the games themselves... So far of the couples I've seen I have a high preference for MaixReo. I love Mai's personality, and also adore tsunderes. YuunaxNanami is great too, love the personality gap there. I was not a fan of the KaedexSara games, however. I didn't like their personalities, and they seemed pretty stale to me.

As a lesbian, I was a little worried that the series would be way too male-centric ero-game in content. Surprisingly not the case. Clearly sex driven, but the relationships are cute and there is nothing too offensively inaccurate in the reading. I enjoyed them a lot more than I thought I would, so I'm glad I gave them a chance. There were some negatives to them, but they aren't strong enough to make playing them a bad experience.

Has anyone else here played them? I'm definitely a fan of the series now and intend to play all of them, for better or worse.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I really don't remind how manipulative Yuriko is, because they're both pretty screwed up. They kind of suit each other that way, since Naoko is a super creep.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Man, I saw the movie in theatres a few months back and the reactions were so priceless.

In any case, I was under the impression that the third movie was a direct sequel to the second movie and should not be taken as canon within the actual TV series.

I never watched the first or second movies because I was under the impression that they were recaps of the series. I've only seen the series. Are they that different? Did I miss out?

The first two movies are not that different from the series, so you do not have to watch them. However, they are still worth a watch if you have time, as many parts were reanimated, I believe everything was revoiced and the art is just absolutely amazing. The movies also have new soundtracks, so it's definitely not something you want to miss out on.

The only thing is I heard the movies make up a trilogy, so even if the first two are recaps, the third movie is only a sequel for that. I know it doesn't really make a lot of sense.

New voices... reanimated... art... ;_; will watch then.

I really loved the art in the third movie. Actually, just everything Madoka in general. The switch in art styles and the animations are always just amazing.

Now to wait for the next movie.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Man, I saw the movie in theatres a few months back and the reactions were so priceless.

In any case, I was under the impression that the third movie was a direct sequel to the second movie and should not be taken as canon within the actual TV series.

I never watched the first or second movies because I was under the impression that they were recaps of the series. I've only seen the series. Are they that different? Did I miss out?

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I finally got around to watching this and actually got a high quality stream. My only understanding at this point after post-movie shellshock (I feel like Kyuubey after credits when he looks all gang-raped) are two things.

1. Homura is crazy yandere
  2. KyoSaya canon

So much unexpected in that movie. There pretty much has to be another – so confusing.

last edited at Mar 31, 2014 6:49AM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

shoot, that sucks gargantuan lemons! I still think there are many mangaka that trace. and even if they do, so what? is the story original? if not, did it expand upon or explore an idea in a different way? how about , was any intellectual property stolen? if the answer is no, f*ck it! he should be able to continue the Prism series.

sorry, just felt like venting on what to me seems like pure stupidity.

I thought it was determined that the biggest issue was using another artist's (photographer) work to trace, without giving them credit.

Whether or not it was traced or just skillfully "referenced"... no idea. It only seems logical to me that artists would use models and photographs to work from, though probably not a good idea to use another artist's material, which is their intellectual property.

Still not sure why this incident killed Prism while numerous others are still going on.

At this point it's old news. But I am disappointed that he was ousted out of yuri. I don't really care for a guide on stretching. The question to me is, will he ever draw another yuri work, or is his rep ruined for all yuri?

esn
Told Me discussion 25 Mar 03:56
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Really sweet but to be honest I was hoping for see more than the physical aspect of their relationship, but that's just me nitpicking. Going right away into my favorites.

I like that the artist tells her readers that she prefers not to show more of the sexual relationship. I love all of Ruruu's works.

esn
Why is it always... 04 Mar 03:14
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Did someone say kitchen yuri?
img

If that's what they're selling, then I'll buy it.

esn
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

My cavities are multiplying exponentially every episode. I have more cavities stored than teeth now. Episode 8 was just way too much. It's not just moe-up-the-butt, it's moe stuffed into every orifice until you're about to explode.

esn
Dream discussion 24 Feb 02:26
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

There was no doubt that this pairing would continue. I bet the Satsuki x Ryuuko fanbase was like "Sisters? Even better!"

esn
Touch Me discussion 21 Feb 12:48
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

failing in love with you stalker is kind of weirder but ok

Pretty sure that's a fetish. (To like being watched). I think the lady actually knows her somehow, since they are on the same train at the same time. I'd guess a teacher or someone that works around the school.

Why am I such a fan of stalker and voyeurism yuri? Hidden in Dusk comes to mind.

esn
Touch Me discussion 20 Feb 21:16
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Another great from Ruruu. I'm looking for more stalking in the sequel. Creeptastically sexy.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Why so few Mouretsu doujins? It's too good of yuri to pass up! Jenny and Lynn are too cute.

esn
Lemonade discussion 13 Feb 06:36
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Pretty sure it's clear that Youko likes Maki and is insanely jealous about the Keita thing.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lemonade_ch11#8

The yuri is in sight.

esn
Witch Craft Works? 11 Feb 02:15
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is anyone else watching this?

Apparently it was originally intended to be yuri, which makes sense after watching it... And it would have been epic yuri. The main character is a "male", but he's so hilariously emasculated (being called princess and wife) that it's easier to believe he's female.

There is actual yuri content though – a few characters are pretty blatant, but it's not really focused on. It's passed over as normal, which is pretty ok. The mothers in the story were originally a couple, and one of the villains is a bonafide lesbian as well.

If you're a yuri fan and not watching this, it's a shame. It's worth it. As a yuri fangirl I wasn't convinced to watch until some screencaps of episode five came out – and I will continue to watch for the humor!

esn
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Delving into Touhou for the first time... I have to say, I really like Vivit Gray. Definitely gives live and personality to the characters. All the doujins are super sweet, and this is the best one!

esn
Gretel discussion 10 Feb 06:19
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I wish this hadn't been canceled. I fondly remember waiting for chapter translations. The lots of kissing tag is a favorite of mine.

esn
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I don't think a fictional story meant purely as fantastical masturbation material that comes from Comic LO (which contains much worse at times) should prompt education based on things said in this thread. Most of it was pretty sound based on what's typically looked for in rape manga as a tag, and arguably this definitely would be rape under any other circumstance (especially if it were real and would probably not end with her wanting more). I personally had fun watching people freak out and didn't want to see the tag happen just so I could watch more of it happen.

Alas, this thread.

I prefer this explanation to having no rape tag over simply saying it doesn't qualify as rape at all. I understand the last page may disqualify it from the rape tag.

Though I wonder if the tags should not just be about labeling fetish material, but also trigger warnings. I don't care about people reading this kind of material – I read it. But I do sympathize with the fact that it may be triggering, which I think justifies tagging as well so that it may fit into blacklists.

This seems to fit into the fantastical masturbation material category of "rape her until she wants it". And I don't think that genuine readers of this material are interested in that particular aspect of rape culture, or the education thereof. I just think it's worth mentioning that this kind of long-winded discussion by people who don't like the material could be avoided if it had been labeled as such to be blacklisted, which it now is. And that's great. Thanks for retagging.

I did like the art. I think my tastes are too vanilla for watersports. I imagine the smell of urine and it's an immediate turn-off.

last edited at Feb 10, 2014 5:22AM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

This was a good one-shot. He must have some redeeming qualities if the woman loves him so much. It seems like he's very nice and sensitive – his big flaw is his forgetfulness. I wonder if he has a worm eating holes in his brain.

I appreciate cute het one shots like this.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

My favorite is this, given the last Kill la Kill episode:

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1611793?tags=special_feeling_%28meme%29

Hoping for secret surprise yuri ending. I think there is a little subtext given the wedding dress.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I lost it so hard on "prepure cyclone shot."

esn
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

So they're out to volume 3... Is the romance developing now, or is it the same slow pacing? Will we ever be able to expect any? I think it's pretty clear that Matsuri has romantic feelings. Has anyone seen the raws?

I'm a little disappointed with the sloooowww pacing. Makes me feel like Sasameki Koto. It's so sweet though, I still end up reading it. I liked this chapter a lot for stepping back and showing how close they really are, but I'm hoping that more is coming up.

esn
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I do read the manga on their site, but doesn't my loyalty to Dynasty make you feel good? :(

Super creepy manga, + recommend. Go read it on the cxc site :)