motojin
Sweet Gap discussion 18 Jan 22:33
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Mihaya and Yorino are yuri gold.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Everyone is excited about the nude Ai and Chie pic, and I don’t blame you, it’s great. But that wedding pic is just as good, in my opinion.

Something I like to do between chapters is pick a ship tag, like HonokaxEllie or KanaexHaruka, and read just those chapters. It’s a great way to get to see that particular ship evolve over time.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

VE Couples Sex Predictions:
AixChie: They will be the first of the main couples to be shown having sex.
AyanoxMiyoshi: They will realize they love each other but say nothing for fear of ruining their friendship.
MichiruxAiri: Already having sex.
HonokaxEllie: Second couple to be shown having sex. Honoka will top.
KanaexHaruka: Confess and kiss before graduation, sex after graduation.
YuuxMari: Already having sex.
MidorixHibiki: No confession. No sex.
MahiruxMahiro: Will have sweet candy-coated sex. Move to US, get married, will still be lovey-dovey when they die together age 104.
NaoxOniba: Oniba will encourage Nao’s exhibitionism. Oniba will become a famous mangaka, Nao will be her lover and muse.
NonononxYumimi: Sex before graduation, Yumimi will be a devil in bed.
KaoruxMask: They will become a couple with a public perception of Kaoru=top and Mask=bottom, but in the bedroom it will be reversed.
ShizukaxMio: Will soon have sex, Mio will learn she loves to top, and Shizuka will learn she loves to bottom.
ShizukaxKaoru (former relationship): They were fuckin’.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

The middle of page nine, when Yuna is undressing, her beautiful naked body on display, surrounded by that kimono and all that hair, that’s some fantastic art.

I’m quickly becoming a fan of the lesbian prostitute/brothel trope.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I like how soaked with sweat the bed is at the end. Also, shouldn’t this have a “color” tag?

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

that must have been an awkward request to give to her coworkers

Wanko doesn’t seem that self-conscious. I’m guessing she didn’t hesitate to ask for their help.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Hot damn Ataru, take it easy on the simping.

Can we just throw that word right back into the nasty dumpster fire that birthed it? It doesn’t really have any place on this site.

Fortunately, you don't get to decide that.

It was a request, not a demand. And it’s a request I am more than happy to oblige. Every time I see it used, it’s to denigrate someone who showed some decency. “One character showed another character some respect? What a simp!” Yeah, no. I’ll pass on that.

Getting back to the subject at hand, Ataru is driving a Subaru 360. Those are very rare on the road any more. Made from 1958 to 1971. It was Subaru’s first car. It used a 356cc two-stroke twin-cylinder engine and could almost get up to 60 mph. Ataru must be some sort of car otaku to be driving one of those. It makes me like her even more.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

We got Final Form Honoka for just a single panel, but it was enough to make Eli cream her panties.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

“Three Sisters Detective Agency”? That’s straight out of Read or Die/R.O.D the TV.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I like this chapter because I’m a bit of a shoe collector, too. I have 60 pairs of shoes. Fifty are Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star low tops, each one a different color. I also have five pairs of other Converse shoes, and five pairs of Vans in various styles. I live near an outlet mall, so I keep picking them up at amazing prices.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Vote for your fav!
https://forms.gle/5bah8z1FRjBLTmzF6

There’s no way I can vote for just one!
[Honoka x Elisha]
They are all my precious ships!
[Honoka x Elisha]
Why I could no more-
[Honoka x Elisha]
Every one is beauti-
[Honoka x Elisha]
I-
[Honoka x Elisha]
Honoka x Elisha

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

That kiss chart is gold dust. Thank you, shadesan.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

God I love this manga so much.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I feel like every chapter from 3 onward should have the “idiot couple” tag.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Masumi says she’s “around thirty” which is an odd way of phrasing it. And we only know that Satoko is in high school, so she’s anywhere between 15 and 18. Since Satoko recently moved in with Masumi, let’s assume she’s a first-year in high school and she’s 16 (just to calm some nerves.) Masumi may have been vague with her age to make the age gap seem larger than it is. After all she was trying to dissuade Satoko from a relationship with her. So let’s say “around thirty” is 29 to 31. So it’s anywhere from a 16 to 11 year age gap but is likely a 13 year age gap. When you’re young that seems huge. But as an adult, it’s really not that big of a deal. And yet it’s Masumi who has an issue with the age gap, not Satoko. It think that’s what interests me most about this story. Oh, and all the big tiddy girl-on-girl sex. That interests me, too.

last edited at Sep 14, 2020 3:37PM

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Nice.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

MOAR LESBIANS!

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

^Do you have to oil yourself down to properly use a dance pole? Or maybe she just wants to be oiled down? It seems to be something like that- if you compare her to her earlier pages, after that panel her skin is all shiny like its been oiled- so I guess its a bottle of some kind of body oil.

Oh, yeah. I see it now. Thanks.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Page 11 upper right, what is she holding?

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Yeah, the text on the last page does say "Be careful of your volume."

And just before that Elly says they’ll try to keep it down. I like that Madoka-san is perving on listening to their love-making. Madoka-san owed them a futon cover but went all out and got them a super nice futon instead, and I’m sure it was to encourage more loud sexy-times between Wanko and Elly. He did describe listening to them as Madoka-san’s reward.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I’m glad I started reading this. The ending was thoroughly worth the journey.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

This really feels like the first chapter of a longer story. I hope so. I love the trope of easy going party girl x uptight super serious authority figure (class prez, teacher, school nurse, etc).

@throbelisk was right on the money pointing out the irony of blondie with the big tits being jealous of class prez with the [checks notes] big tits.

motojin
Age 15 discussion 11 Mar 00:16
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I noticed a typo on volume 7 page 15: “doesn’t phase me” should be “doesn’t faze me.”

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I guess I don’t understand the GFP tag. I thought it meant the character is straight but will have sex with another woman for money/food/lodging whatever, like in Yurika’s Campus Life. There’s nothing to suggest the masseuse was anything but gay.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Well, I know its been a long time and all but they were the first two girls to appear in the series and are featured on the cover of volume 1 together, so yeah I'd say they're pretty much as close to a flagship pairing as there is. Though, sadly they've been long overtaken by a few of the other pairs in terms of actual yuri development.

I agree that Ayano and Miyoshi are the flagship couple, and for the reasons stated above. Normally, if they’re the first couple introduced, then they’ll be the last couple to resolve their relationship. If you start with them, then you need to end with them. All the other couples are important, of course. This title is such a huge ensemble cast of girls, some couples will get more attention than others but then the emphasis will change and another couple will get more attention. It may seem to some that Ai and Chie are the flagship couple right now, but it’s only because they’re the first confirmed couple. When the mangaka decides to wrap this story up, it will end with Ayano and Miyoshi finally resolving their relationship.