Forum › Posts by Dynasty Reader

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021
Itsanoldpicitsnotback

Still not over the fact, that this story just stopped like it did.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

We've come far from those days.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

WHAT!!!! NOOOOO!!! I WANTED MORE!!!

Dynasty Reader
PAX 2 discussion 08 Mar 05:34
joined Sep 7, 2021

The response to this was exactly what I'd expected. Personally I don't mind the premise, I don't mind angst, cheating and other detestable things but I still expect some coherence, this idk. It was alright, could have been so much better though.

joined Sep 7, 2021

Godfriggendamn it, this was beautiful, I mean I didn't hate the trope but I love this take too, also, it helps that the senpai has resting screw face here because I love that shiz. XD

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

My godamn heart. :'0

joined Sep 7, 2021

I love this authors subtle yandere twists at the end every time. XD

last edited at Mar 4, 2022 11:03AM

joined Sep 7, 2021

The way it just jumps to the next scene saying they got married, priceless. XD

joined Sep 7, 2021

The mother acts as excellent comic relief. Still, how does this not tag as "wtf am I reading."XD

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Feels like this has an OVA or movie quality about it.

joined Sep 7, 2021

Yikes, the absolute state of the comments re the parents.
I kinda don't really wanna get involved with the war on which mum is better, I said my piece regards that in the past: ↓

I am seeing a lot of comments praising one mom and discrediting the other.
This is no good, neither mom are perfect. Both care about their children, just one is absent emotionally and the other is absent presently. Neither is ideal and neither is particularly lordable, in context:
You have one mom who's off running down her teenage fantasies, whilst her daughter was at home crying on her birthday no less, because she's lonely with no one to celebrate with let's not forget, that's not good parenting in my book.. however, too her credit, she's always supportive of her kid, and wants her to be happy.
Then you have the other, who's completely aloof to her kids mental well-being. She's there but not there, doesn't seem to be at all attentive to her kids feelings, again, not very good parenting, but too her credit, she's there and cares about her kids safety.

This however, isn't to discredit the author. What I like about the authors work is, that's it's well done enough, that you can see the strengths and flaws of the parents, reflecting in their children. That's a mark of good writing to my mind, very impressed. :)

However I ought to perhaps amend that given Xiao Lu's mums homophobia. This is inexcusable but unsurprising to me as someone with traditionalist parents. A lot of people in the comments have very young/liberal/modern western parents but some don't and have very conservative parents and for the former, perhaps I can enlighten them as to what it's like:
My parents were strict, growing up was tough at times but also solid, I had fun as well, they were there for me, they loved me as any good parent would, they did their level best to make sure I was educated, well fed and cared for as again, any good parent would but being traditionalist and somewhat conservative, there was an expectation that I'd marry the opposite sex and have kids. (I have no interest in either currently but that's a different matter all together) Anyway, my parents traditionalist disposition? (lack of better terms, I apologise.) means that there would not be any way that I'd tell them that I'd come out to them as anything other than straight. It'd wreck them and unfortunately that's just the way it is and that's just how they are. If the case were ever to be that I'd fallen in love with someone of the same sex, my parents wouldn't know or I'd simply cut my parents off. I still love them regardless but I couldn't face that scenario with them. They're not the kind of person that would hate or mistreat someone because they're LGBTQ or anything like that but they still prefer that their own house follows in their footsteps and my entire family for the most part feels the same. I am alone in my "nonconformity". Despite all this, I still love my family and always will. This is not to say, I'd want my own kids or anyone elses to have to go through this, I don't, however, it is to say, I understand the reality of it. Anyway, enough about my experience, this is just to give an idea of what it can be like.
Back to XiaoLu, her situation is even more difficult because she's still young and has a greater distance to her parents (mother anyway) emotionally. Her mother much like mine, though wants the best for her, has an idea or forced ideal of what she wants her daughter's future to be like, and anything that doesn't fit with that, is unfathomable to her. Her mother always seems miserable, which really doesn't help things, she really shouldn't be showing her emotional baggage to her child like this. Whatever problems she's having, her child deserves better. Oh no, I dragged on too long and lost my thought at points. Hopefully it helps though.

joined Sep 7, 2021

Holy shit, they're actually talking to an adult about their serious problem. That NEVER happens in manga, especially not yuri manga.

Yeh, this is one aspect that blew my mind the 1st time I saw it. It rarely happens, especially not in manga. It's seriously refreshing to finally see characters use a modicum of common sense, really missed that about this medium. It helps elevate this manhua to new heights for me. :)

Dynasty Reader
Sazanka discussion 03 Mar 09:05
joined Sep 7, 2021

When she was describing how it's like for her, that hot hard like a frieght train. I was seething at how her partner was treating her and felt some relief when she got out of it. It's really nice that she has someone who sees her just as different and still cares and respects her.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

No closure. XD

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

That was the closest a one shot has brought me to tears since ever. XD

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

So she does feel something. She just doesn't express it.. emotively. As a replacement she pierces herself. Interesting.
She feels shock when she finds her friend is not at school and feels joy when her friend his happy, she has empathy or she understands the concept, she just can't feel or express it.

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 7:13AM

joined Sep 7, 2021

XD Cannibalism, nice.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

What a twist, I like it.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

I don't fully understand how this curse works, doesn't it have to correlate to both the girls. Why only one gets to live the eternal curse and the other dies. Doesn't a pair have to be cursed and doomed to repeat it. Doesn't feel like the witch even tried to make the curse related to their wish?
Okay after reading the comments it does make more sense now but only sort of.

last edited at Mar 2, 2022 7:51PM

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

This was a good story but didn't really make logical sense to me at points.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Is that okay, to bite your partner and wound them like that? Is that a legitimate kink.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

I felt a bit sick when Makoto described it as an illness, I am not 100% sure why but I am uncomfortable with people who are just different from neurotypical, being described as ill or disabled, even in cases where there is a disability/disorder, I just don't know about calling them as ill, that says that something is wrong with them does it not? That there's something that needs fixing.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

I wonder if that girl was really injured.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

This has gnarly yandere energy. I felt my heart sink with dread fear at the end there.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

This has gnarly yandere energy. I felt my heart sink with dread fear at the end there.