Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Depressing? How bout anger inducing? =_=

I'd second that

Kalin
Image Comments 12 Jul 11:15
Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Shouldnt these things be uploaded as a doujin? This is a bit much for the image page.

Well, considering that this is a short with no cohesive storyline whatsoever I would think that this format is more appropriate

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

I honestly want to see more doujins emphasizing Tewi's insane longevity. She's pretty heavily implied to be the white hare of Inaba and Eirin outright says that Tewi's the one tolerating the presence of the Eientei crew in the Bamboo forest; not the other way around. Literally everything about her is massive fiction fuel, yet mangakas almost always depict her at her shallowest as an annoying trickster. What's up with that?

Yeah, it's one of the few details that I only just come across earlier. Which does goes to show how such crucial detail about Tewi is just being glossed even within the fandom (or maybe I'm just a causal fan of the franchise). It's really a shame since there's so much potential, as you said, about the amount of stories that can be spawned from this very aspect of Tewi. There seriously should a fully fledged manga about the original meeting of Kaguya & Eirin and Tewi in the bamboo forest, I've yet to see that one yet (if it is around can someone please pin my comment for it, thanks). Seriously though, it does seem that most artists simply want to display the mainstream tropes regarding her personality, as though to keep it in a sort of niche in the franchise of Touhou. Which does leave out the many paths that can be diverged into without losing the main charm of the character herself.

Hope to see more like this, or maybe find them :p

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Yep I don't quite understand at all. Why would Hieda need to keep on asking these questions to Yuuka if she already compiled them all into her chronicle of Gensokyo? Or maybe she is trying to finally come to an understanding with Yuuka whenever she reincarnates so as to finally have a comprehensive idea of her. Though if that is the case then she is going to continuously consult her whenever she reincarnates, however since she doesn't live for that long she wouldn't be able to reach that stage. Huh... that is actually rather depressing...

god dammit yuuka, dealing in esoterics like that, answer the damned questions. pls.

Well the way that she talks does require one to understand her on a personal level. In this way it presents her as being honest with Hieda during the interviews. If one was unable to understand the words that she says then that likely means that they probably don't understand Yuuka herself. Also since Hieda is doing this for her chronicle (I assume), it would be better that Yuuka was more incline to let her in on herself even she wouldn't get it.

Granted this does pose the problem that I said above, that Hieda wouldn't be around long enough to actually come to a proper understanding with Yuuka, with her having a more regular human lifespan (also with each reincarnation causing her to live shorter than the last). Despite this I'd still think it's better for Yuuka to have that sort of attitude when being interviewed. At least in my opinion.

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Bruh... Just what did I read?! XD XD XD XD XD

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

This was one hell of a ride! Seriously though the way how they made all the characters within the Mansion seem preceptive and skilled in their own way just greatly portrays them as badass. I personally love how Remilia is more willing to act as an assistant to the matter and only helped with organizing the weapon that Sakuya was to use. This puts Sakuya in a position to save herself rather then actually just resolving the matter entirely.

Not exactly sure if badass touhou doujins are a more 2010s kinda thing since I rarely see them around these days (or maybe it's just me not having been observant enough :p). Gonna now check out the rest of the Artist's work!

Kalin
Image Comments 11 Jul 07:45
Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021
77950539_p0-2

Is it just me or is the bottom girl getting less aroused as time goes on

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Just another day in Chensokyo.

Daily Life Of Gensokyo's Chen

last edited at Jul 11, 2021 7:35AM

Kalin
Image Comments 11 Jul 03:26
Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021
E5q7uw-vkaeck7z-orig

People are probably still going to meme about it if we're being honest lol

Not like there ever gonna stop anytime soon

Kalin
Akatsuki discussion 07 Jul 18:49
Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

What kind of 12 years old is Suika......

The kind that had awakened into an adult at an excessively young age, that's Suika apparently.

Also never knew I needed to see Flan with a hoodie until now! [https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/akatsuki_summer_vacation#35]

last edited at Jul 7, 2021 6:49PM

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

.... Well goddamnit Kanako! You just had to tempt Utsuho to act as a safety pin for your plan. Shit... now not only is Satori gone but Orin just utterly hates her. Also at the same time the entirety of Gensokyo probably hates on Utsuho as well due to the atrocities she caused with that nuclear explosion. Well hey at least Koishi is alive and is with her. But still... damn

Nevertheless this is a great doujin in portraying the tragedy that innocence can bring when you are manipulated by others, usually for their own personal ambition. For the end goal to improve the lives of those you love to not only end up becoming unachieved but also instead ruining the lives of those very same people.

...I still don't understand what happened to Satori. Was she truly dead? Or she lived in Koishi at this point?

Honestly I believe that Satori had already died as shown here [https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/utsuho_of_the_void_ch05#13].

Though it is also likely that she isn't completely dead since she isn't to be like Orin that's hanging about Hakugyokurou like Orin... so maybe she's now in Old Hell except well she's dead. I don't really know much about the lore of Touhou to make an precise judgement about this. Although I would say that if Satori were to still be alive it is likely Orin would also be with her as well. keep in mind that this is just my guess :p.

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Well goddamn I already caught up....

There's some nice interactions and set-up that's done already that can help to propel the story. Would be expecting more from this!

last edited at Jul 5, 2021 7:06AM

Kalin
Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Well even if it has ended the author does intend to release bonus chapters of the story.

So more Sumika and Ito wooooo!

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Next stop Mokou's hut! Or maybe Eientei?

I'm betting Sanae would ditch the rabbits in the next chapter since they made a fool of her, which is pretty much the primary reason why she'd leave any area in the previous chapters. Probably Mokou would take her in the process.

Or maybe it would still be Eientei since it has to fit the theme of each chapter (This one being the rabbits of gensokyo).

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Honestly this can be the one of the possible ending to Vector Spectacle (https://dynasty-scans.com/series/vector_spectacle) when Shinmyoumaru finally corners Seija and the incident somehow gets resolved with no one wishing to hunt Seija anymore. After which they both end up together, making the Shining Needle Castle their home. They become lovers that live together in the castle as their home, with the rest of the characters having already approved of them (especially Reimu).

IDK really it can be one of the possible routes the author can take.

Nonetheless this is a really cute story : )

Kalin
Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Well then this was one hell of a masterpiece considering just how innovative the author got with the story. It really sells the idea of how Seija can be seen in two different lights. The only difference between the 1st and 2nd story is the arrangements of the panels themselves being in the opposite direction. While it isn't perfect in that in some ways the 1st story can seem rather confusing when reading, with some of the panels seeming to be, for lack of a better word, forced into that sequence, it does indeed help to portray that the inverted side of the story. From Seija being a murderer to being a rumoured hero. It is a really impressive piece of work that should be explored more. You can read the summary by ADT555 above^^ for the story itself if you haven't already.

In a way this story kinda reminds me of one of those videos where the words are all in lines. When each line is said, from top to bottom, it is to represent the attitude and beliefs of a particular person. Now when that is finished the quote is then read in the opposite way, from bottom to top. From there it seems to show a different person saying the same lines but in the opposite sequence. Through this it can seem to portray a completely different kind of person as compared to the one earlier, despite lines never having been altered, only their sequence. In this way it shows a change in personality or attitude towards a certain subject matter.

I don't know name for these kinds of ideas, and if anyone does it would be grateful if you responded to this comment.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFz5jbUfJbk

All in all though this doujin is one heck of a treat to the eyes. It may seem confusing at first but once you are over that hurdle, it really is a masterpiece!

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

At this point it's probably better to just pretend the stuff with Yukari never happened and be happy with the fluff we got..

Yeah that would be for the better honestly

Still, no chapter 10 what the heck!

Kalin
Image Comments 26 Jun 02:34
Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021
31589703_p0

Remilia be goin like wryyyyy!!!

Kalin
Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Bruh... Just what the heck is this...

did reimu low-key just call yukari a bitch

Also YES

Kalin
Image Comments 20 Jun 12:18
Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021
67369413_p0

Is that a bald spot I see? Honestly Shou here just looks like the older brother.

Kalin
Image Comments 20 Jun 11:37
Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021
Kawayabug_78783001_p0

This is still kinda sweet ngl

Kalin
Afterglow discussion 20 Jun 11:35
Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

I agree, it falls slightly short of yuri. Certainly it lays the groundwork for yuri, and if there were another chapter it would have been able to easily go there. Just...not yet.

I know this is rather late but to me the whole point of the doujin was to illustrate the relationship between Shou and Nazrin. How Nazrin began as a simple supervisor to a close subordinate of Shou. Honestly the story itself already seems quite perfect in terms of length, with also enough parts to tell the way this relationship developed. To have yuri in this would feel kinda forced and may detract from the main plot point, not gonna lie.

Still love the story and art. Shou and Nazrin would always have a special place in me.

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

To be fair this could count as NTR but... her boyfriend already doesn't really give a shit...

So yeah...

Kalin
Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

To be honest coming from Tohonifun's earlier works Shou now looks more like the clumsy older brother in this doujin. Like seriously if it isn't in the character design it's also in the way that she converses with the rest.

Not that I mind. :p

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

I'm just here for the story and I did get quite the nice one. Honestly speaking I don't much about the various comparisons one can make between each Touhou character's powers but it sure doesn't mean that that should stop artists of making their own interpretations of their abilities. In all due respect the doujin itself doesn't need to keep in align with the general lore of Touhou since it is supposed to be a fan made story about the cast in the franchise.

Nonetheless the creative use of Murasa's ability really does sell the idea of not fighting in their own turf. Though there could be more to both Hijiri and Yuuka's abilities than just spell cards and fist fights.

Great story still!