Forum › Posts by Karretch

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

(Ch. 52) I"m curious what 'snu snu' is translated from. I know what the EN term is referring to, but how was it written in JP?

Same, I came here to ask that exact question.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Maybe it's just a cultural thing, but if Michiru doesn't want to be thought of as cute, why doesn't she do things to make herself not seem cute? Hair length, for one. Mannerisms can be learned/changed. From what we've been told she doesn't go along with it for any specific reason or maybe I missed it, so why not just out and say as such? I guess she just needs to learn to assert herself more, and this leader role in dancing is just the first step.

joined Jul 28, 2019

I haven't seen in the credit page the chibi mini scene in that foggy field for a couple of chapters and while I do miss those, I think it would make me cry way more if they were present.

I forget if it was in the forum or in a credits page, but the person who drew the chibis left the project so they haven't been and won't be there any more.

joined Jul 28, 2019

A little triggered because she said "the sun and a star" but okay.

I like vampire chan

LMAO with the bots

To be fair, while yes the Sun is a star, there's a VAST difference in the kind of light we perceive from them. And Utaho doesn't shine so much as sparkle, like a star in the darkness, fitting with her thematics.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Are we supposed to know these two? They just come out of nowhere and state the MC's as their targets as if we should know why?

joined Jul 28, 2019

So, the concept is, if I understand correctly, that the world reruns each day until some unknown thing determines the day came out how they wanted it to, and Ayaka who has perfect memory has broken the system somehow by remembering the days that never existed. Either Michiru is a time travelling witch doing this, perhaps to get some outcome with Ayaka or some unknown goal, or she's privy to more information and somehow also exists outside the system.

Karretch
Matazoro. discussion 22 Aug 21:09
joined Jul 28, 2019

... I don't get the nachos bit.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Hasn't all this shit been going over like a one day period or something?

Also, wouldn't they have like closed the school if there was a really major storm on approach?

Shh, don't ruin the drama magic.

Plus, there have another magic drama where somehow Satsuki didn't get electrocute too after go and made a contact with the child right after she got lightning.

Do you not understand how lightning works? It's not an active current like a power line, there's no residual charge. Ions build up in the ground, then reach towards the sky and release all at once. There's no risk of Satsuki getting shocked.

joined Jul 28, 2019

A number of people here are really expecting this to be some ghost or hallucination, but really with the type of story this seems to be it's probably more that she's just in Haruki's imagination, something she's given herself to help her through the stages of grief. And I can imagine that's going to be what this is about, and it will end with her accepting Sakura's death.

"This here is for you to die again (Haruki coming to terms with Sakura's death and accepting it) and for me to live once again (Haruki moving on with the memory of Sakura in her heart. or something. Wording it is hard)."

I imagine it as though the grief has her in a rut. She's pacing the same circle, over and over. This Sakura, the Sakura that "came back to life" through the journal, is her pulling herself out of that rut, only in the end to understand that Sakura would not have wanted her to simply waste away after her death in a perpetual state of grievance and despair. I can already see the "Thank you, Sakura. I'll be fine from now on" at the end. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to enjoy the ride in the meantime.

It's going to be bittersweet, but I bet it'll be fulfilling.

Want to bring this comment back up since after reading chapter 2 this is exactly how I feel. Haru's doing all this, but imagining that Sakura is here with her, to give herself something to do besides waste away. She's remembering Sakura's warmth, but at the same time running the mental exercises of "how would a dead person feel coming back after time gone" like with the streaming service.

The store trip is an indulgence in pretend, the ghost that can't interact with anything, despite "cooking" for Haru, she doesn't need a toothbrush, because Haru knows she isn't there, looping back to Haru doing this all herself. It's part of the fantasy.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Hrm, born blonde and with pale skin sensitive to light, she might have a form of hypomelanism, close but not quite albinism. Two tone hair to "fit in" but also rebel at the same time.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Hrm, that lip scar might not be so hard to hide.

joined Jul 28, 2019

is it me or the artstyle reminds me of one manga where the story is about a school girl that was isekaid and has to bear demon lords many kids(more the 12 guess) and the twist is they don't use penetration the girl's tummy will just instantly have a baby inside plus they grow up so fucking fast.

Someone on page one already said as much, yes.

I love how Sensei still had the rings by the end.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

It's Xmas in July!

joined Jul 28, 2019

Btw, between Satuski and Prez, Id take prez side. But both are extremes, making this argument a bit unreasonable.
Id take his side simply because his moral code has more potential.

I side more with Satsuki, a life is a life. No matter how vile a person is they have a right to live and murdering them in cold blood (either via Jigsaw style traps or execution) makes us just as bad or even potentially worse as we’re inflicting the same thing or worse onto someone as a twisted punishment.
And because I know someone will point this out (not you specifically, but there are always people who try) self-defence is acceptable because you are actively defending yourself from a hostile aggressor(s), whereas what the school president is doing is cold blooded murder in retaliation to a lesser crime.
Basically the Victorian ethos of “men are not hanged for stealing horses, but so that horses may not be stolen”. I:E let’s inflict cruelty on those we don’t understand or wish to so they’ll obey/leave us alone.

Amen. The prez has many loose screws, he is not someone to side with.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Tsuzuki's a good bean. She saw Kashiwai's feelings after asking the question, saw the affection and conflict both together, then realized Kashiwai needed to process things after the hectic day they had instead of being pulled into a situation that could upset her more.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019
Agu_knzm-1481960238043779078-img1

Now that the other series has been introduced, we can safely say this isn't Aya and Mitsuki but Akira and Utako.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Hmmmm the description says slutty but I’m getting the vibe that Utako is gonna be the “committed” one in the relationship which is a nice subversion to how the bisexual tag always ends up with the player tag

Hmmmm the description does not say slutty. If you mean the "can't settle down" part, I think it's meant in a more literal sense. Like, she can't be in one place for a long time, so she travels from country to country.

Page 21, at the bottom, right next to "Rough mannered" is the description "Slutty"

joined Jul 28, 2019

I like the panels highlighting fashion in this manga. The clothing designs are strong and well-suited for each personality, though it may strain credibility that every one of these college students has this much breadth in their wardrobe.

The old spirit was so minimalist that I felt something was off from the start. A spirit inspiring perseverance and mindful presence in nature is interesting, but she's still a liar. Guess that's her form of entertainment.

A liar? How so, as I don't see it.

joined Jul 28, 2019

At this point it would’ve been easier to tell Elsa about the villainess system than break both of your hearts with this lie.

Tell Elsa what? That she hears voices that tell her to hurt others and she does as they say?

Would there even be mental hospitals at their time which is like set in a medieval setting I presume?

With the carriages, the clothes, and school setting (despite being game), I'd hazard it's late Gregorian/Early Victorian, and sanitoriums were very much a thing. Take your crazies (whether actually crazy or not), and huck them all in one place and forget about them.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Due to the resolution, can/has anyone translated the mirrored Latin on page 18?

Edit: Also possibly the same text (also mirrored Latin) on page 48

last edited at May 31, 2022 8:55PM

joined Jul 28, 2019

Yessssssss. The push we needed for progress.

As to the comments about not liking the side characters taking over, it was 2 chapters for the twins that were used directly to push the plot along.

As I've seen it, the "side character chapters" are the vessel used to make the two mains come together. Yoshioka and Watanabe are always in them, interacting with these characters, and gaining insight of themselves from these interactions. Could it be done better? Sure, but it's not focusing on the side characters to the detriment of the main couple, try and look at the bigger picture than just the focused lens.

last edited at May 28, 2022 8:14AM

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Wondering how the girl with the super obvious crush is going to play into the story, being a footnote, side-line, or actually have some influence/outcome.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019
R3dfive_artist-1522908020098977796-img1

I can't help but notice how wrong Domino's butt looks. Legit detracting from the rest being good.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Hrm... this unicorn seems familiar...

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

I dont really share the sentiment with the other comments. This seems entirely wholesome. None of them have agreed to date yet, and miku clearly has no problems going along with the other girl, Kyoko has no reason to oppose two consenting parties if she's not jealous, it just feels like their pushing her into a corner to admit her feelings more than anything, I haven't seen anything sinister in this chapter so far

It's not that it's sinister, just they are being jerks and pulling her every which way to force her to come out. There are better ways to do it than this. I swear, all three are in an elaborate scheme together just to get her to confess.