Forum › Posts by Ke_Zukulenzia

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

Debes decir "bollera" que así es como le dicen en la película. ;) Yo nunca la había escuchado antes, "tortillera" sí pero esta nunca. Aprendí una palabra nueva gracias a esta película!

Bollera, qué original. Hay términos para estas cosas que una ni conoce.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

¿Alguien vio la peli española La Llamada?
Me dijeron que es yuri... o por lo menos tiene una historia yuri en una de las líneas argumentales. Bah claro que digo yuri pero debería decir sáfica o lesbiana ya que no es japonesa. Por más datos, la cosa sería entre una adolescente colegiala y una monjita.

Debes decir "bollera" que así es como le dicen en la película. ;) Yo nunca la había escuchado antes, "tortillera" sí pero esta nunca. Aprendí una palabra nueva gracias a esta película!
Sí, el tema es GL y además final feliz.
Ahora lo de "monjita" ni ahí, ni de casualidad. No te imagines una de esas monjas lolis de los mangas. Sólo en Japón se les ocurre que pueden haber monjas católicas de 13 años como la Seira de Saint Tail. Esta, la de la película, tiene 28 años y es diez años mayor que la chica de liceo de la que se enamora.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

Jajajaja pero Uruguay si supera la primera fase tiene que jugar con Brasil... >_<

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

El otro día fue el sorteo del mundial. A Uruguay más que el grupo D nos tocó el grupo Déjà Vu: estamos con Corea del Sur, Ghana y Portugal. A Corea y a Ghana los eliminamos en 2010 y a Portugal en 2018. Los dioses del fútbol han decidido que vengan a tomarse revancha. >_<

Supongo que contra Ghana irá Suárez de arquero, que de eso entiende. :P

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

If you think of this story as having the same logic as Back To The Future, it makes sense. Remember that old movie?

The mc was the son of some random wage slave and his family had only a small income. But then he travels to the past and changes some shit, and when he returns to the future he finds that his father is now a millionaire and his family is wallowing in wealth. But he still has his memories of having been poor all his life. In the new future, he's supposed to have lived his life as a wealthy kid, but he doesn't remember any of that. And nobody cares about what happened to those lost memories, or whether there are others iterations of the mc who've gone astray in the space-time continuum. He doesn't even check whether his parents remember him as the guy who helped them 20 years in the past and then one day vanished. Because nobody gives a damn.

This manga is a lesbian version of Back To The Future. Don't think too much and just leave it at that.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

Alice is probably a foreigner...
Gemini has natural blonde hair and blue eyes...
Hmm...

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

Armpit orgasm
Didn't even know it was a thing. Thanks VE for teaching me yet another tidbit of wisdom.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

I still think the 'Depressing as fuck' tag is all wrong.
And the 'Aaaaaangst' tag is borderline.
There's a difference between a real depressing story, like something denouncing social evils like abject poverty or racial discrimination, and an 'Awwwwwww poor bay-bee!' kind of story where you just want to hug the lead character to make everything better.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

The name of this series seems to say that these brides are "indifferent", which is the main meaning of iberis flower in "flower language".

Thx for explaining about iberis. I didn't know it was a flower.
When I saw the title my first thought was "ok so it's a story about brides in Spain!" lol

Let's not excuse shitty behavior with the "well everyone else is shitty too" thing.

What if we excuse it with the "well everyone is a fictional character and shitty behavior makes for strong stories and great fun so bring it on" thing?

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

"¿Orgasmo? ¿Qué es eso?"
Kageko es cruel en su ingenuidad. :P

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

Monster girls at school is a trope that always gets me since I read Tokimeki Mononoke Jogakkou like 11 years ago.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

Maybe all of her bullying as a kid was misguided affection?????

I think that's totally the point. It's extremely common for little boys to bully a girl they like to catch her attention, because they don't know better and don't realize it's likely to backfire. She was so much like a boy when she was a child, she even made that same mistake.
But it's not really a big problem, right? I mean it's okay for two future lovers to start off badly and then come to feel for each other despite the bad beginning and get together as the plot moves on. It's the storyline for like a zillion romance movies. Look at Chaeyeon's and Sengua's faces and body language, now they are adults, when the teasing game begins again: it's very evident they both realize the context and the meaning are different, their reactions tell that this time it's gay flirting and both understand it.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

I only realized this was from the same person who made Gensokyo of Humans when I started reading. My bad. Should have checked the name of the mangaka before starting.
I never liked GoH so I'm gonna give this one a pass too.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

This needs a Narcissism tag. Or would that count as a spoiler?

joined Jul 23, 2019

Before I submit the TL of chapter 17.5 to the TSer, I wanted to ask something regarding LGBTQ terminology. is "drag queen" an appropriate translation of オネエ in the context of p2? I'm aware it's a tough word to translate into something inoffensive.

In my opinion, and I believe that of most of the forum, the word is a-ok.
But dem moderators might have a problem with it on account of it not being pc enough. It's difficult these days to keep tag of what's correct and what's not, it's like every day the censors find some new term to condemn.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

Same, I don't like it when Magenta suffers. ><

joined Jul 23, 2019

Released is fine.

Ok then I'm very curious about this onomatopeia thing. According to Akiji's guide the right sound effect for heart thumping in Chinese is "peng peng" and I guess that's what Chinese mangaka (or manhua authors, whatever the word) normally use in their works to express someone's excited feelings. But the writing of the Chinese language isn't based on phonetic symbols; in fact using Roman letters or Japanese kana for sound effects would totes make sense as those are phonetic symbols. So I wonder, when a Chinese writer decides to go national and stick with "peng peng" or other onomatopeia which are specifically Chinese-sounding, how do they do it? Perhaps use a random ideogram with a random meaning but which sounds the right way?

joined Jul 23, 2019

Similarly, the topic of hearts and onomatopoeia in an unreleased chapter really has no place here either.

What about vocabulary in chapters that were already released and uploaded to the reader?
(Making sure coz, in case it's ok, I've questions to ask.)

joined Jul 23, 2019

Oh, COME ON!
It's only chapter four! Mangaka-san, surely you can do better to develop their relationship than introduce a rival! (A half-crazy sicko at that!)

last edited at Dec 29, 2021 11:30AM

joined Jul 23, 2019

Chapter, don't do this to me!
Which family is Sera talking about? Where did Liane meet that scummy guy before?? What is Glamour going to remember???
This is cliffhanger hell...

joined Jul 23, 2019

Oh? I can finally talk without spoilers!

LESBIAN CHATTING AND STEALING KISSES WHILE ASLEEP AND THEN KISSING FR WHEN AWAKE AND OMG EROTIC ASPHYXIATION AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Btw is breath play a common term? I know what erotic asphyxiation is (which was used in the MTL) but I've never heard 'breath play' before... actually it's a good thing the MTL described it as 'erotic asphyxiation' because otherwise I wouldn't have understood the punchline in ch. 23...

joined Jul 23, 2019

Ok using a Chinese friend I have access to raws if anyone is craving more I can send you up to chapter 33.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RyRphzqOFUtan3baDOrLS9PkFMqslmLR?usp=sharing

I'm also translating them but jsyk it's machine translated with a bit of research for better translations on certain parts, so nuanced and colloquial meanings may be overlooked.

I finished chapter 23 rn and I wonder if there's any chance your translated strips could be uploaded in the Dynasty reader.
I mean becoz then I could all talk with everybody about Xiaolu and Tongtong in these new chapters LESBIAN CHATTING AND STEALING KISSES WHILE ASLEEP AND THEN KISSING FR WHEN AWAKE AND OMG EROTIC ASPHYXIATION AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

Shipping your own mom? hmmmm lol
I'm interested but wary... I don't like showbiz yuri, it's all like "This is the super famous super model who's super beautiful and appears in all the magazines...and I'm just her assistant, but wait... An even more super famous super model who's super beautiful shows up...and she's her ex!" and I'm like geeeeeeeeet me out of heeeeeere hahaha but this time, it's her daughter!

Ohoho, I see, you're hoping for a Taiyaki-flavored development! I see, I see.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

Smooth, Xingxing. Real smooth.

Ke_Zukulenzia
Image Comments 26 Nov 10:45
joined Jul 23, 2019
Fevye9sauaeihn5-orig

Hot milk.