Forum › Posts by matsuri_wins

matsuri_wins
Citrus + discussion 11 Aug 09:06
4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

The only reason I am still reading Citrus is because the art is so good. If Sabu paired up with a decent writer, this manga would be a rocketship.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Entoma, that's a very messed-up and misogynistic thing to say

It’s like the opposite of misogynistic depending on how you interpret it lol

Not to put too fine a point on it but that's an attitude primarily associated with the bridal virginity preoccupation of only too many patriarchal traditional societies (the two descriptors being nigh synonymous) - though historically it actually had more to do with inheritance issues than anything, it's not like most of those selfsame societies had any particular problems with widows etc. remarrying after all.

Are you telling me that if there are 2 girls, one is having sex with some dude since forever and now just found out she is into girls and another is a lesbian and has not been with a dude, all things being equal you are gonna go for the first one? I call BS on that

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 11:41PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Can't really decide who uselessness I hate more, Mei Aihara or Kaoru

Well at least Kaoru is not bitchy so there’s that

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 11:36PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Entoma, that's a very messed-up and misogynistic thing to say

It’s like the opposite of misogynistic depending on how you interpret it lol

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Every time Kaoru opens her mouth or looks at her hand. All I can think of now is how many time Reiichi's cock made contact with those places.
Uta made the right choice ditching that woman her brother already defiled multiple times.
Lots of fresh lesbian cakes out there.

Hahaha finally someone said it as it is xD Kudos

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I still want Kaoru/Uta not because I ship them (tbh I think Uta would be better off with her ambiguously bi friend or moving on to university), but because I can see all the signs from the beginning that Kaoru in fact is attracted to Uta at a more subconscious level, and I don’t think her being passive is such a horrible thing.

I mean, it’s usual for people to ignore difficult problems by sticking their head in the sand, or when confronted with painful truths that might completely change their lives as they know it.

Just imagine how Kaoru would be seen by her friends, Uta’s parents, Reiichi etc if she chose to go for Uta. Uta is a teenager, maybe having sex with her isn’t even legal for example! And she would be pointed as not only a lesbian, but also someone who is hooking up with her sister in law, and a teenager! Also she has been living housewife life, but Uta is still not an adult so Uta would probably depend on her etc.

It’s just a very bad situation. Now add up the potential of losing her long-time friend Ritsuko and her best childhood friend and husband which might be cheating with each other.

Who wouldn’t become passive and try to hide in the face of all these issues, when they don’t even have a family to rely on anymore?

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 8:28AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Hey folks it’s ok, Matsuri The Oracle predicts Kaoru will go crazy because of all this pressure and kill Reiichi and Ritsuko after inviting her over for dinner, then kidnap Uta out of the country in order to marry her.

Oh wait. That’s another manga.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Do Won seems like she had a crazy personality switch, but her initial personality was actually just the bait to make readers think the story has any originality.

I realized all couples written by Team GJ are the same couple, they can’t write anything different.

Let’s call them the Puppy Girl and the Cold Girl.

WDTFS main story: in the past Sumin is Puppy, Seju is Cold; in the present Sungji is Puppy, Sumin is Cold;

One: Do Won is Puppy, Seju is Cold.

Pet’s Aesthetics: short haired girl is Puppy, long haired girl is Cold.

I mean, once you identify this pattern you pretty much already know any pair of characters that does not conform to it, will not end up together. You can also know how the story is gonna be like, as far as romance goes lmao

I know many authors follow stereotypes like that but to see it in action across so many chapters and with the pretentiousness of this series, trying to hide it behind some layers like it’s not that simple, is clever and sad at the same time...

Wish Team GJ has Kodama’s honesty to just come forward and say “yeah all our stories are about the same dynamic, deal with it” lol

last edited at Aug 7, 2019 8:14AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Holy shit Team GJ completely butchered the quality of this story to the point of no return. I don’t know if it’s the poor translation quality or what, but how can the plot and dialogues be SO BAD??

I feel I have to reach the end of this side story since I already started it, but it’s been literally a drag. Do Won had so much potential :((( Deeply disappointing.

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 5:23PM

joined Feb 18, 2018

I just have one question about the author of this mahnwa.... Is he/she okay? I saw some post on Twitter saying they died. I hope it's just a hoax.

Would you be confusing with the author of Fluttering Feelings maybe?

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I've came across this story a long ago, and I didn't read it on purpose. But I'm in the lookout for good series these days, so I said I'd give it a chance.
Wow. This is the most uncomfortable I've been reading Yuri. The way she pushed her and how obvious it was she doesn't see Uta this way...
It also didn't help how the story was so focused on Uta being so hung up to Kaoru and not giving her a second option for dating.
I mean, this is what realistically happens in unrequired love. You won't have someone to support you or be a potential love interest when you need it the most. I like reading about broken characters and difficult relationships, but they're only enjoyable if you know there's love between the characters.

There is nothing positive about this situation. And on top of that, Kaoru kept wanting to brush it off and remain family, while thinking of how she was in love with Reii.
And the fact that she is married to her brother just makes it two times worse for me. Idk about the cheating, but I would feel so guilty if I was in love with my sibling's or friend's significant other.
So the fact that the person she is in love with is her brother's wife doesn't even let me enjoy some of the angst of the unrequired love in here. Really, simply a straight girl who is not interested is way less heavy than this.

All through the story I was thinking so many things I would have done differently than Uta so I wouldn't end up in that situation. Like for example, the relationship with my sibling is more important than a love interest, or I lose interest easy when I see that there's no reciprocation from the other person.
But Uta didn't have these mechanisms herself, so reading her story was like being trapped in a hellhole.

I agree...this story is just like chewing glass while staring at the abyss. But now I'm too invested, hoping poor Uta will recover.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

RIP BugDevil. I guess they will be back on time to discuss the deed surely to be shown in the next chapter, at least.

last edited at Jul 31, 2019 10:46PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Yuu is very pure.

Pure gay
Pure lust

It's absurd to think that having sex is somehow impure. I guess eating would also be impure then. Might as well starve.

Jeeeeez. Way to overthink a commonly used phrase. When someone is naive or not very knowledgable about dirty things you call them pure.

I'm kinda late, but...

ahem

You certainly are, because that page was already mentioned. Read the whole convo first.

And she wouldn't call herself "naughty" in this chapter if all she wanted was cuddle, something pretty innocent, I think.

Actually yes, that is literally what happened. That's how you know she is still innocent. She considers that kind of forward thing "naughty".

Sorry to burst your innocence bubble but Yuu was thinking about doing the deed on this scene lol

It's a bit strange Yuu wanted to call Touko by her name in chapter 41 and indeed does it occasionally (when she isn't saying just "senpai") but keeps calling her Nanami-senpai in her mind. Gotta wonder if Nakatani has a reason for this or just sees it as something perfectly normal so far.

Yeah I asked the same thing last chapter. It's definitely an odd little detail. I wonderd if Yuu was not quite ready to accept that they are girlfriends yet, buuuut... I mean Yuu called Touko her girlfriend about 5 times this chapter I so I was wrong lol

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

You read my pass comments, if that’s the case then it’s correct too about people thinking that sumin won’t appear on the side story. lol.

My bet we will still see sumin in seju side story... eg: how seju and sumin first met, etc. So yeah.. sumin is a good material to be add on the story.

Anyway I still kinda disagree:
It’s pretty reasonable for people to go crazy with the surgeon on pulse (forget the name), because surgeon is rich lol, and adored job by public, good at sex like sumin. If sumin can, why not the doctor? I think both Authors watch the L world, shane ... ..joke.... Then, she has sex with a lot of random girls too before she met the main heroine, with a dark pass like sumin and the ex, Lmao is it coincidental to be this similar??

Yet, pulse is a cheaper replica and feel more like teenage romance and fantasy than wdtfs for sure, especially the sex part.

Pulse is a cheaper replica, yet at least for me it was actually more entertaining than WDTFS since it wasn't nearly as pretentious. The issue with rising expectations is that you might not meet them.

After all,I conclude that wdtfs is just a simple romance story, a cliche standard korean drama..... that has charming side character (antagonist) who steal the spotlight. so 7.5 / 10 the delusional fan theory here is good, but only a delusion... TG never thought like that

You speak the truth.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Gosh. Just like Yuu, I slowly fall in love...with this series. After a lot of resistance, for sure.

Now I don't want it to ever end :-(

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Now I kinda see a pattern here....

TG likes some romance when love win against everything.... A teenager kind of love...

When a character fall in love... They will fall hard without any reason.. And no need a good communication to keep it alive and healthy. Everything will be solved with sex.

I hope I am wrong but if I am right... Then seju side story will just feel like fan service without proper character development

LOL I actually saw this now. There is an Oracle among us, predicted the future a year before it happened.

last edited at Jul 28, 2019 7:33PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Damn looks like I am the only UtaxKaoru shipper remaining here. Sad times.

Well, the Kaoru that started out the series was a plausible object of affection—she clearly felt deeply for Uta (as much or more deeply than for her husband), she was very skinship-y, and she kept doing these quasi-romantic things—remember the necklace gift atop the Ferris wheel?

It looked at that point like she just needed to become more aware of the nature of her feelings for Uta and, abetted by the fact that her apparently kind husband was a sleazy cheater, we’d have an age-gap yuri romance. (The story would still have to deal with the age gap somehow, but there at least seemed to be the outlines of a potential path to UxK.)

But at this point not only does that path seem to have disappeared, but (to me) Kaoru no longer seems like a worthwhile partner for Uta in any case—for a variety of reasons, she seems much more self-centered and in fact rather dim-witted, while Uta has become more self-aware and mature in her thinking and actions.

The writing and plotting in this series is such a muddle that hypothetically it could certainly take a turn toward getting Uta and Kaoru together somehow. That just doesn’t seem like such a desirable outcome to me anymore.

Well it’s not like the object of affection always has to be actually desirable lol The reason I want KaoruxUta is more because there is a lack of alternatives for Uta here. We need a Harumin or Sayaka to show up in this story ASAP.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Damn looks like I am the only UtaxKaoru shipper remaining here. Sad times.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Pulse and Lilly love are not just badly written, they have annoying characters as well. Like for example in Lilly Love, almost all males are shown to be abusive. In Pulse, literally every woman wants the doctor for no reason.
Sumin has been with a lot of women, but they are not randoms like the ones in Pulse. Also there is a deeper reason they made her character like that, and that is to show how damaged she was. In Pulse there is no reason to make doctor unbelievably desired, other than forcing the reader to like her because everyone else does.
The character is badly written if you look at them as a third person, but some people want a bland mc who they can fulfill their fantasies through, like being magically wanted by many people.
With Sumin her bad habits and using sex as an escapism stops that fantasy and makes it more real. When you add something so blatantly positive to a character, in order for them to be more human and balanced, you should add a negative side to it as well. Sumin has that negative side, doctor doesn't.
The Pulse author also tried to add an ex antagonist who resembled Seju at some point, but she just ended up making her pure evil, cringy and unlikable. Wdtfs got the antagonist right and they made her sympathetic.

I didn't read Lily Love because it was too boring for me, I stopped after couple chapters. But in the case of Pulse and I assume any other work by Ratana Satis, at least you are not being fooled, like there is no advertisement there saying what you are reading is some drama for adults. So I'm not exactly expecting a story that makes sense when I read it lol

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

But the "bland MC" in WDTFS main series was Sungji, not Sumin. The main series, if taken the way Vanbun interprets it, is basically the fantasy fulfillment of innocent, kind girl (the person the reader is supposed to project onto) healing hurt tsundere girl with dark past. Similarly in One the bland character that readers should project onto is actually Do Won.

Under this interpretation Sumin and Seju are not the traditional MCs, they are more like "objects of desire" so to speak, kinda like Mei in Citrus. There is a lot of detail given about them, but only because the readers are supposed to want to "save" them somehow lol

I sense the people who go through the story feeling Seju and Sumin are the actual MCs are probably adults who can relate more with adult problems. That's definitely the case for me, which is why Sungji and Do Won seem so out of place. But as Vanbun said and I tend to agree, maybe the development of Seju and Sumin as complex characters was accidental.

Maybe the story was better than the norm only because Team GJ accidentally made it more complex than they were originally planning, out of pouring their emotions into Seju in the 2nd half of the story due to personal reasons. I mean, the 1st half was not that good, it was focused on SungjixSumin with much more common themes, and vibes of traditional K-drama. Only on the 2nd half something snapped and the authors had a moment of brilliance xD

In other words...if it was an accident it's not going to happen again.

last edited at Jul 28, 2019 11:03AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

What's YA? Not very familiar with these terms...
And yeah, I agree, looks like the target audience for WDTFS has changed to teens.

WDTFS was so good I decided to pay, because I felt "wow this a story made for adults that shows some complex emotions, one of a kind". But if you take One on its own, at least for me not only I would never pay for it, I also think it's worse than the other stories you mention because it's crazy rushed.

last edited at Jul 27, 2019 12:30PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Do you even have a family? If your dear and closest sister was sent to a place where you know she will suffer, why would you not react that way?

This is a romance manga called "My Unrequited Love". Do you seriously think the author wants us to interpret Kaoru's hand shaking is because of her 100% platonic sisterly feelings for Uta? >_>

I didn't say that. Your argument was just flawed. Now you said what you actually meant. It's still no real evidence, but I won't say it's impossible.

The argument is valid because in the context of a romance manga, girls don't have their hands shaking because of overwhelming concern for their sister.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Kaoru's hand was literally shaking when she held Uta. This is not normal if all you feel for someone is familial feelings...I think Kaoru has been into Uta for a while now, but it's like she has repressed it.

Do you even have a family? If your dear and closest sister was sent to a place where you know she will suffer, why would you not react that way?

This is a romance manga called "My Unrequited Love". Do you seriously think the author wants us to interpret Kaoru's hand shaking is because of her 100% platonic sisterly feelings for Uta? >_>

last edited at Jul 27, 2019 11:53AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I just want to give opinion after read other stories from the same author, I begin to see the red line... it has the same tendency just like “pulse” author. In general, people will like it, because it only show a flower road of lesbian relationship without all that “prejudice” in Asian countries.

It’s predictable, stereotypes, lack of twist, flow so fast, and only show the honeymoon phase, it lack a depths, and only focus on the romance, which could be good or bad depends on the reader’s taste.

Summary: The art is “great”, the character is “charming” but the plot is “boring”

I believe I am the only one who think this way~

You are not the only one, I think the same. I generally dislike the simplistic, extreme stereotypical vibes of these stories. I tried reading Lily Love after reading Pulse but couldn't get into it because everything is so boring and predictable, the author repeats the same formula over and over. I suspect Team GJ is heading in the same direction. But hey, there is a market for it so for as long as people are paying it's all we're ever gonna get.

last edited at Jul 27, 2019 11:47AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Best thing that could happen is probably that Uta moves on and falls in love with someone else.

Probably not going to happen.
Kaoru's hand was literally shaking when she held Uta. This is not normal if all you feel for someone is familial feelings...I think Kaoru has been into Uta for a while now, but it's like she has repressed it.