Forum › Posts by Alexrain

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 23 Jun 13:57
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

alex whens the next ch and translation coming

Translation, I wouldn't know, but the author stated on their fanbox that the next chapter's coming on the 28th.

Thanks to Goggled Anon swiftness translation usually ready in about 12-24 hours from the time of release. Typesetting on the other hand... depending greatly on the amount of free time current typesetter have and may take up to few weeks (for example last chapter was released by Taiyaki on May 31st).

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 23 Jun 11:55
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

The story, folks--when was the last time one of these posts was about the story?

Hey man, I tried. lol

You worked hard. Lol

Of course I meant “these mega-posts of abstract cultural commentary.”

How unfair. I also worked hard on my mega-posts of abstract cultural commentary, thank you very much.

Personally I really appreciate your mega-posts of abstract cultural commentary or MPACC for short. Good job. And BugDevil too for that matter (though I don't agree with his point of view at all).

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 22 Jun 20:23
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

@BugDevil

Point taken I suppose, but in this current year of our timeline, in 90% of all countries and thanks to our inherent genetics, incest is almost unanimously seen as wrong. It is a taboo. It is morally questionable when it concerns a parent and child in particular.

But majority opinion doesn’t automatically equal right opinion. For example couple hundreds years ago people almost unanimously saw interracial relationship as wrong and morally questionable.

Also as often the case with the popular beliefs they are not exactly correct. Incest by itself doesn’t really increase the chance of genetic defects that much. Here some hard science:
frequency of autosomal recessive disease for the children of relatives - Fq(1-q) where F is inbreeding coefficient (0.25 for Ayako and Asuka) and q is frequency of a particular autosomal recessive pathogenic gene (ARPG).
frequency of autosomal recessive disease for children of random non related parents – q2
Most ARPG (more than 97%) have q ≤0.1 So for q = 0.1 chance of giving birth to a baby with genetical disease for random couple is about 1% and for hypothetical Asuka/Ayako child that chance would be 2.25%. Which of course 2 and a qaurter times greater but they still have 97.75% probability for a healthy baby. Hooray for them! (Of course any given human usually have more than one ARPG in their DNA but since we only comparing the probabilities I think we should leave it at that. for now).

@Arcane
Your previous theory about Ayako summoning demon by sacrificing Atsuhi and then having intercourse with it to conceive Asuka seems a lot more plausible for me.

last edited at Jun 22, 2019 8:47PM

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 22 Jun 18:10
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Doesn't make it any less bad of course. But a good author can sell anything, right?

Sound argument but good and bad and moral taboos are all relative terms. Depending on time and place same things may be considered normal and good or wrong and bad.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 11 May 15:36
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

I’m mostly talking about his role in the overall story: useless meddling pain in the ass.

Don't be so hard on Jun-nii - his words were one of the reasons for pushing Asuka to confess in chapter 5.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 29 Apr 17:05
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

What?????

Yes, I was quite surprised myself.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 29 Apr 04:25
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

If simple masturbation shocked you so much you probably shouldn't read next chapter cos it has Schopenhauer

last edited at Apr 29, 2019 4:26AM

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 24 Apr 05:52
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

This chapter is labeled “13.1,” which means it’s an in-between special chapter between 13 and 14. If we get a chapter 14, that’s when the main story will be continued.

Chapters labeled as decimals means it’s just an in-between filler or backstory.

There is no chapters labeled with decimals actually - it's just dynasty thing to add them for some reason (probably to keep chapters order?). In-between filler chapters marked with greek letters. Current chapter is a "proper" chapter - it's just long so Tayiaki divided it in two, so right now we have only first half (and it's actually marked as 13-1 not 13.1).

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 22 Apr 21:13
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

After this chapter I feel like I should commend Asuka for holding herself back until she was 16 (which obviously were not easy for her at all considering her cohabitating with person she is in love with).

16 is high school, right? If she's in middle school she gotta be 12.

She is 14 in this chapter. And by holding back I meant holding back from making a move on Ayako (like in the end of ch5). Because if she did that back there it would've opened up a whole other can of worms.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 22 Apr 20:52
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

After this chapter I feel like I should commend Asuka for holding herself back until she was 16 (which obviously were not easy for her at all considering her cohabitating with person she is in love with).

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 22 Apr 19:50
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Aaand btw this is chapter 13-1 (chapter 13, first half), not just 13. So consequently next one would be 13-2.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 22 Apr 16:00
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

I actually saw that chapter on facebook translated and edited
when is going to be on dynasty?

I tried to upload it about 24 hours ago, then 12 hours ago and the third time about half an hour ago. Don't know what's seems to be a problem - usually everything works just fine for me. Well, you know it's chapter 13 after all...

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 31 Mar 11:25
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Well, the flashback scene with Miyuki was pretty sexual too...

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 30 Mar 06:01
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Per Taiyaki-sensei herself, chapter 14 will be released on April 26th, 2019.
https://twitter.com/tiyk66/status/1111896463091486720

Thanks for the information. I guess having an editor who literally promised "to slap Taiyaki's ass if she is not following release schedule" is helping.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 29 Mar 10:17
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

To Goggled Anon:
For some reason I got banned on 4chan so I have no idea how are we going to do translation this time, but here
1 x 1/2 ch 13
https://mega.nz/#!69NSQC4K!f83IbVUrnFI_Y9mlY2J0ZfB2WcpKt7IlLVG8KVoz0_0

Alexrain
Image Comments 20 Mar 04:28
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017
D2ew6ohvyaenluy-orig

And if you think about it Tomoko herself resembles Shinji a lot.

last edited at Mar 20, 2019 4:31AM

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 01 Mar 06:08
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Cheer up people, the wait is almost over. New chapter going to be released by Tayaki tonight (Japanese time).

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 24 Feb 09:50
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Wait, wait - how do you know that she is a lesbian?! Is it about her new supposedly self-insert manga?

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 27 Nov 11:35
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Third drama CD is here https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=71800727
Also, new chapter should be out in december.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 05 Jun 03:45
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Asuka was in her school uniform. The other person was not.

Other girl was wearing uniform too
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch10#13

She is also on volume 4 cover:
http://readmanga.me/1_x__/vol4/11

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 13 May 05:11
Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 17 Apr 19:01
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

TO NEZCHAN: Please tell me where I should write chapter’s volume when uploading. Should I write it in the “Name” field? Because when I write it in the “info” field it’s always, always, always ignored by Mods.
This. Chapter. Is. From. Volume. 4.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 09 Apr 17:12
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Unless the author specifically said that this was based on a real life couple, I would think of this as a fiction that I would enjoy as a fiction.

But we are able to empathize with fictional characters and they story because we are relate to them as if they were a real persons. If we were continuously aware of them as a fictional characters we wouldn't really care about anything that happens with them.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 08 Apr 09:40
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Сonsensual sex between adults, including incest, is not a crime in:
Argentina
Brazil
USA New Jersey
China (except Hong Kong and Macau)
India
Japan
Thailand
France
Spain
Benelux
Portugal
Italy (Incest is illegal in Italy only if it provokes public scandal, according to Article 564 of the Penal code)
Estonia
Latvia
Lithuania
Russia
Sweden (Half-siblings can marry, but require special approval by the government.)
Australia

It seems like it's legal for the most of the Earth population.
Edit: I stand corrected - all those countries have appr. 3.56 billions of population while world population is 7.6 billions as of now. But it close enough to 50% I guess.

last edited at Apr 8, 2018 10:30AM

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 29 Mar 10:50
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

You are welcome. You are translating this manga to Vietnamese, right?

Yeah. How do ya know?

Because I'm just amazing like that.
(Actually, no. I know that Russian, Vietnamese and Spanish translations made from English one. Spanish is recent and I do remember you asking about Akira a long time ago. And I'm also involved into Russian translation, so I know you can't be doing it, hence that leaves only Vietnamese one).

last edited at Mar 29, 2018 10:52AM