Forum › Posts by Blastaar

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Fluffy nude cuddling fluff in their own fluffy abode—that’s more f*cking like it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You were “so full of expectation” because you’re a horny little lesbian, Shun.

Maybe not as horny as Hinata, at least not yet. But getting there.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Off to a good start, but the protagonist’s hypertelorism sure kills the mood sometimes.

But characters with eyes 4 times larger than irl you're OK with?

Imgur

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

She definitely could've worded that better lol, it's valid for her to not want to associate with her anymore as friends after confessing but making it seem like an ultimatum made this bad for the both of them

Well, a confession between two best friends/childhood friends kind of inherently is an ultimatum—it’s trying to get what you want at the risk of losing what you have, which is why so many useless MCs agonize about it so much.

In this case, it’s a borderline-yandere character who makes that dilemma explicit. And I agree with ColdGoldLazarus—this (especially the choking part) read at first like it was going for black comedy but then didn’t commit to that bit, so it ends up feeling awkward and ambiguously sinister.

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The attitude difference of, "I'm going to defeat her and show her I'm the best!", and "Can we fuck?", is pretty hilarious to see here lol

Very true. Jiang: “Please scratch me, but not so hard that I bleed. Or at least don’t make me bleed in hard-to-reach places.”

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Very cute!

But then WHO DIS HO

maybe its that one girl from the flashback

Pretty sure it is the girl in Chapter 11 who befriended Jiang then drifted away when they changed classes. She has a similar (but not identical) hair and eye color. It makes sense to have someone who knows their past relationship come in and stir the pot.

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’m not sure what it is about the art here that makes it seem next-level—the use of toning, maybe?

And I agree with Pear and Cabbage-san—the braids were kinda hot.

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Gotta say I’m loving this weird situationship

Same. I’m too brain-dead at the moment to parse exactly out how it’s like a funhouse-mirror version of a tsundere/kuudere relationship, but I do enjoy the hell out of it. The comedic pacing is top-notch, too—that “slippery-snake” tongue kiss a couple of chapters back was HoF-level stuff.

“Just because I proactively kiss you in the office doesn’t mean I don’t hate you!” Lol

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’m used to weird arguments on Dynasty forums (I’ve fallen into some of them myself), but “This series that has 6 chapters and 4 omake/special chapters up on MangaDex is only a one-shot” really takes the cake.

Rampant cuteness across the board, btw.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

“Their Story/Tamen de Gushi,” Take 2.

And I don’t mean that in anything remotely like a bad way.

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Impossibly Gorgeous tag when?

Blastaar
Aki/Momo discussion 10 Jan 08:44
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I still have a couple chapters to go, but is this actually Drama or just angst-y Olympic-level uselessness?

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The british English was really thick on this chapter. I wish they'd use normal standard English.

It's funny that English came from the Brits yet theirs is not 'standard'.

Funnily enough, I was just having a conversation with someone this past week about how the internet is causing British and American English to blend. It was after their phone gave both "canceled" and "cancelled" as auto-complete options, and they couldn't remember which one was the American spelling. Seeing more and more people/places adopt "grey" for "gray" or "axe" for "ax" &c. It'll be interesting to see what happens to spelling over the next 20 years.

Y'all be making a wee linguistic mess, innit?

I think international streaming has a lot to do with it too. A bunch of Brit TV mystery series with regional dialects would be incomprehensible without captions—I’d ken nowt wi’out ‘em.

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The british English was really thick on this chapter. I wish they'd use normal standard English.

... you made me reread the chapter and I honestly couldn't notice anything but I'm neither British nor American :P Which parts sound British?

Yeah, I’m not sure that a single “maths” counts as “thick British English.”

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Talk about mastery of the low-key—when Takamine was thinking about how she feels at the thought of not seeing Sakura on the train, I knew she was going to say “sad,” but the next page wouldn’t load right away, and I’m like, “C’mon you motherfucker—Takamine’s gonna articulate how she feels to Sakura! Let’s fucking go!” [Me mashing the reload button.]

She felt a little sad, she guessed.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I know you hate Shiho, but put yourself in her shoes for a second and imagine what she must be feeling right now, "dating" someone she loves deeply and who may or may not reciprocate her love at some point. That's not healthy. And it's Aki's fault.

Keep saying that over and over—that’ll definitely make it so.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, we weren’t lied to.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Shiho doesn't deserve to be in this uncomfortable and uncertain situation. It's entirely Aki's fault, and this time she has no excuse.

what the actual fuck lol, how is this aki´s fault in any shape or form, can you really blame aki for being extremely wary and walking on egg shells around shiho. From her perspective shiho suddenly left without any reason and cut all ties with her, only to start antagonizing her and the SS girls the moment they meet again, then she learned that the reason shiho was being a nuisance to everyone was cuz she loved her and felt rejected (even tho she never actually confessed).

God f*cking forbid that Shiho, of all people, should be made “uncomfortable.”

The mental contortions that readers put themselves through to identify someone other than Shiho as being “at fault” are truly astounding.

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

As a scanlator, it's a pleasure for me to work on Akiyama Haru's manga. Not only do I like her brand of adult yuri drama, but the art is clean, she uses very little sfx and the Japanese is all grammatically correct and not overly slangy. A pleasure to translate and typeset. It took me only one day and a half to do it, while shorter chapters of other series are sometimes a chore.to typeset.

I look very much forward to the next chapter in February.

Let me add my thanks for this—it’s always interesting stuff from this author.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

One of the queens of wholesome cute with a bit of an emotional edge.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Let just say, Shiho is the most interesting character for me. Yori and Hima has nothing interesting plot for me at their stage. What a romance story without some drama in it. Full Fluff story is the most boring thing to read for me.

Yeah, Shiho is carrying this manga so hard.

Right, the author does nothing interesting with the characters, therefore the characters are boring. That's sort of how writing works.

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Please proceed.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If Aki doesn't end up having romantic feelings towards her, Shiho would suffer a tremendous second blow (and much harder than the first)

One can always hope.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Blastaar posted:

But it’s not just a matter of Aya’s report or of her looking young. She was reported missing years ago; a search was made for her. Now she has returned with no explanation. She has a social identity. There are official files on her that were closed that needed to reopened. But nobody seems to more than mildly surprised.

Well, there was a police investigation. People confirmed her identity and she's legally an adult. If she says she doesn't know what she did in the last seven years, they may think that she just doesn't want to tell and leave it at that. They may think it's none of their business. And since no crime has been committed, what else can they do? Harass her?

Good thing Japan doesn’t have a tabloid press or “Real-Life Mysteries” TV then, because if they did they’d be all over “Schoolgirl Disappears For Seven Years, Reappears Physically Unchanged With No Memory of What Happened.”

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Japanese family social services really need to get their shit together.