Forum › Posts by ergzay

joined Dec 28, 2016

As one of the "very majority" (straight, male, white), I always find it interesting how so many minorities shit on minorities even more minority than themselves. It's like "cycle of abuse", the ones who were discriminated against want to discriminate against someone.

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 5:22AM

joined Dec 28, 2016

I love little girls(with hot onee-san).They make me feel so good.

Body positivity is the key, conventionally unattractive onee-sans are fine too.

Rofl. That's pretty crazy.

joined Dec 28, 2016

She wasn't even happy in the end, let's just call it as what it is: rape. Maybe rape play.

It pretty clearly wasn't rape. She was into it for the whole thing and she was quite happy at the end. The translation word choice didn't help though, "Lily and Mari are such dummies" is using playful "baka" here.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Why is it that every time there is a lolicon manga posted here, so much bullshit is written?

Because there's a bunch of closeted prudes in the west.

joined Dec 28, 2016

I really wish the moderators would start banning everyone who just comes to threads to whine and complain about loli content.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Gross.

Why do you people come to this forum, just to create an account to post a lame meme image just to hate on a manga. Can you fuck off and not use this site? This is your only ever post. Great fucking job.

last edited at Feb 4, 2020 11:39PM

joined Dec 28, 2016

Note about how this chapter is banned in Germany. https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/06/eclair-blanche-censored-in-germany-to-protect-minors/86631/

It'll be interesting what happens when this releases in the US in 1 month. https://www.amazon.com/%C3%89clair-Blanche-Girls-Anthology-Resonates/dp/1975359097

it's listed as 272 pages, down from 292 for the Japanese print so

it's probably cut there too

I guess it's true, the US market just doesn't like yuri.

Well I just emailed YenPress's press and editorial department and I also tweeted at them as well. I'll see what I hear.

last edited at Feb 4, 2020 11:37PM

joined Dec 28, 2016

[]()

Hey there! Why don't you have a seat?

Fuck off. This forum needs a report to moderator button.

last edited at Feb 4, 2020 10:34PM

joined Dec 28, 2016

Note about how this chapter is banned in Germany. https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/06/eclair-blanche-censored-in-germany-to-protect-minors/86631/

It'll be interesting what happens when this releases in the US in 1 month. https://www.amazon.com/%C3%89clair-Blanche-Girls-Anthology-Resonates/dp/1975359097

joined Dec 28, 2016

Do actual kids even fathom the concept of a lover?
I don't think this is what a real kid's reaction is like, or am I just out of touch with how the new generation thinks?

Pretty sure they don't unless an adult literally exposes them to it. And if they do understand, most likely than not, they're reaction is 'eww gross'. Kids have more than enough attention that they wouldn't need a lover. The only reason people get lovers is to distract themselves from the stressors of adulting; teenagers because of hormones. At least, that's what I think.

4th grade is 10 years old. My little sister's friend when we were kids had a boyfriend at 11. Some certainly get the concept.

last edited at Feb 4, 2020 10:21PM

joined Dec 28, 2016

I do wonder why the title says it's going to be a love triangle when it's otherwise quite upfront about the endgame being poly

I think it's a tongue-in-cheek joke about how the love triangle will be resolved easily - by polyamory. That's my guess at least.

Technically the literal meaning of the Japanese is "Triangle relationship" which equivalently describes a 3-way polyamory relationship.

joined Dec 28, 2016

"The moon is beautiful" is a classic Japanese phrase from Japanese literature written by Natsume Souseki. It means "I love you". Just in case anyone didn't catch the final phrase in chapter 5 and the chapter title.

ergzay
joined Dec 28, 2016

omfg Omichi is so fucking cute (also let's get more POC in yuri plsthnx). I think she has a really vibrant personality that's made her stand out with very little screen time. I don't think she's stepping in the middle of the main pairing at all. If anything, her presence has only solidified Hino and Koguma's feelings for each other since they know that they don't have similar feelings for Omichi. I think she'll end up wingmanning for the main pair in a big way. In fact, this arc alone could count as that (even unwittingly). I think there's zero chance of her getting involved with either Hino or Koguma and the chances of poly are very low. She's just a helpful third wheel! (but a very cute one) Please don't be mean to Omichi!

Not to be a downer, but this isn't "POC" as much as all of them are "POC" (asians). She's just from a more southern Japanese group that tans darker than others (or she's just tanned at the moment). You'll see plenty of them in Japan. Ethnic Japanese actually have quite a wide range of skin tones. In manga it's often done as an indicator of "this person is a sportsman/outdoorsy type" however, and with her getting all embarrassed in this chapter acting as a type of gap-moe.

last edited at Jan 21, 2020 9:26PM

joined Dec 28, 2016

I just bought chapter 4 of this. I believe there's raws online already, hopefully someone translates it soon.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Yeah, further confused by it being sex she was getting something out of, namely leniency on her rent. Is prostitution under the influence rape? Is prostitution under duress under the influence rape? Like, it's clearly unethical from the landlady, but it's unclear exactly what form of unethical, and she's clearly trying to become a better person. I'd condemn the hell out of it in real life, but in fiction, kinda complicated, and people can change a lot more easy in fiction.

Coerced sex and sex with someone too drunk/high/whatever to give meaningful consent are both rape.

I'm quite aware of both of those facts. It's not entirely clear to me that she was too drunk to consent, nor that it was coerced. Prostitution is not rape. Again, I think it's bad, and the specific definition or form of badness is not clear, but it's not like her sleeping with her landlady because she couldn't make rent is rape in a vacuum, it's much closer to prostitution. And I'm not entirely sure how drunk she was (signs point to "too much" but still), but it is clear that if that was the only thing going on people would not be calling it rape. I believe heavily in consent in all manners of life, and it clearly was not here enough in this case, but the specifics of it are at least slightly muddied.

That's not prostitution, that's extortion. In fact the landlord threatening to evict someone unless they have sex with them is pretty much the default example of extortion rape. Even if she was stone sober the power dynamic between landlord and tenant is extremely inappropriate without any quid pro quo, that puts it well over the line.

I think it's pretty ridiculous what people call rape now. Rape should be only used in rare cases, applying it to literally everything that's uncomfortable/immoral just gets ridiculous. (And no I don't care what the law in certain countries says about this. Laws can be disagreed with.)

last edited at Jan 21, 2020 9:24AM

ergzay
VAMPEERZ discussion 20 Jan 19:31
joined Dec 28, 2016

The translation for chapter 11 is really awkward for a lot of lines, it's like the order of the speech bubbles are constantly out of order.

joined Dec 28, 2016

I guess I beg to disagree, but maybe I'll find I agree with you if I find something that crosses such a line. I've never seen any fiction that glorifies violence against a race/group, but if I read it maybe I'd find it unacceptable that it exists. Thus far I've never hit any fiction that I dislike so much I would strike out with angry criticism against it existing.

Fiction "glorifying" or at least "reveling" in pedophilia has been around for a very long time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita

joined Dec 28, 2016

There are many things in the world that disturb me purely for existing. Expecting nothing in the world to disturb you, to the point you want to eliminate anything that does, is a toxic though process. Live and let live is the best life advice I've ever heard.

last edited at Jan 15, 2020 12:29AM

ergzay
joined Dec 28, 2016

I am conflicted...tbh. She says "These school rules to look proper and lady like are so outdated!" but she also gets really mad with Sumika for being so carefree... and yeah she's spoiled and demanding but how glorious was your image of her? I really want to know what's that "perfect Sumika" role you want her to play. Hmmmm but I guess is because she goes to a school like that that...
I mean, if the author had decided to make the protagonist believe that Sumika was discussing with a boyfriend on the phone (and then she would be like "ah, so it was just the manager") I would relate more to her and her disappointment but right now I'm just saving my judgement, feels like the story and the character's goals hasn't quite landed yet for me... Or like, I don't understand what they're feeling right now.

I think I understand though. A lot of people in really restrictive situations get into these types of mindsets. It's a form of jealousy. She hates the rules she's forced to live under and then holds as an ideal the "outside world" as embodied by the "fictional" Sumika who is held up on a pedestal. However when she discovers who the real Sumika is, she becomes jealous, even hateful, of Sumika not following societal rules that she herself is forced to follow. It's a contradiction but it's also wonderfully how the brain functions in such situations.

Alternative more familiar example: a lot of parents who grew up in restrictive households go on to raise kids in a restrictive household even though they hated the rules that their own parents forced upon them.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Serenata posted:

God, forgive me for what I am about to read https://youtu.be/qQ3ZVmXNgt0

Lol, this version actually sounds great xD

I read newest chapter randomly on a whim and rotfl it's hilarious. I laughed so much. No clue how anyone can take any of this seriously.

Look I'm not profoundly offended by this stuff, but I can totally understand why people would be deeply disturbed by a girl hungry pedophile being the star of a light hearted gag manga, especially anybody who had been the victim of one.

If it offends you, then don't read it. Especially people who have had traumas. I don't know why they would want to subject themselves to it. The world isn't black and white.

joined Dec 28, 2016

The jpeg artifacting is so bad in this... I checked out the scanlator's site and they're using png, so it must be either from the scanlation process or the raws being used.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Is no one going to translate chapter 1 of this? The chapter listed as "chapter 1" is actually a "chapter 0" that was on pixiv.

ergzay
joined Dec 28, 2016

I recently heard someone mention the author softcharm (warning NSFW) and found they haven't published anything since 2012. Does anyone know what happened to them? Did they suddenly stop writing manga? (Did they get arrested?)

joined Dec 28, 2016

This is turning into the Hino-san comment section 2, oh my God

A lot of people want to force their morals on to others and prevent them from having any morals counter to their own.

last edited at Dec 16, 2019 11:05PM

joined Dec 28, 2016

Every thing itou hachi puts out is just more and more blatantly pedophilic, you ever think one of these days maybe it should just not get uploaded on here anymore

Fiction is fiction.