Forum › Posts by YeShallBeAsGods

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Official Seven Seas release soon. Someone hype the countdown!

YeShallBeAsGods
Their Story discussion 28 Nov 00:26
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

I will forever be amazed at authors that can consistently put out fantastic comedy! Somehow this series gets better and better!

This update was great, I loved all the story and character developments/reveals. Still, this also feels like Tanjui might have dropped some acid part way through.

That's a level of weird beyond what we've got here.

last edited at Nov 28, 2016 12:27AM

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

I really hate this theme when it shows up. Power dynamics like this generally come off as really disturbing to me rather than dramatic.

Or, like with sakuya x remilia, destroy believability. In that case, how can you have a relationship when one person is practically a slave?

Why not?

I means the whole power dynamics were only acknowledged in the last few decades or so and only in Western countries. There are thousand years of human history before that, and most of the time family power structure were not even close to equal

Delayed reply! It isn't that I don't believe it can't happen, it's more like any story that includes over balanced power structures ignores the fact that one person is essentially a 24/7 servant. It just seems unrealistic that people so oppressed are always depicted as being totally cool with it. But that's more Touhou. (Sakuya never questions her servitude, but I think it's hinted in perfect memento that it might be because of Remilia's fate power thing)

Exploiting power dynamics in a relationship is always disturbing for me and never romantically dramatic. But this story isn't going too far in that direction, yet! Definitely doing a great job of showing how screwed the blues are and how clueless the pinks are of their conditions. Reminds me of all the hub bub in South Korea right now about status, money, and corruption.

last edited at Nov 27, 2016 4:15PM

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

I've only ever met one person that could crush an apple in one hand. That's horrifying strength right there.

Heh heh, and the kid says he's bad at lifting.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Jeeeez guys, Japan and America have a way larger cultural exchange than Japan and various European countries. You work with what you know, rather than try a slice of life in a country you know nothing about. Which isn't to say you can't write about people and places you don't know, but it would probably feel forced or unbelievable.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Nice JoJo reference in chapter 14. :D

Gotta let Cars know who's got the best engineering.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

No joke, they write articles at The New York Times standing on random rooftops too. Investigative journalism and all that.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/forbidden_scrollery_ch39#10

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 1:09AM

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Ever doubting THE Shimura Takako.
20XX

YeShallBeAsGods
Image Comments 24 Nov 00:11
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015
59991773_p0%20(1)

Phase? It's never just a phase.

YeShallBeAsGods
Dykes to Watch Out For 23 Nov 12:55
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Guys. I don't know if you're as hyped about this as you should be... but... you should be.

Alison Bechdel has restarted her comic strip "Dykes to Watch Out For." This is big news!

http://dykestowatchoutfor.com/blog

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Oh holy shit! America fairy joins the trio. Christmas came early!

Fairy Wars 2 suddenly becomes a real possibility.

Sumireko sighting!
We really need some new doujins that deal with Gensokyo as it is now.

last edited at Nov 23, 2016 2:51AM

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Which is to say I liked it, but it didn't really solve the storytelling's main issue.

Storytelling issue! Take it back, Nez! Moby-Dick is widely recognized as one of the greatest novels of all time despite having predominantly static characters. Static characters does not equal bad writing.

Especially in romance fiction where the importance is on the feelings the reader experiences. That's what determines how well-crafted a character is in yuri, not some out-dated, out-moded structural category.

That was actually directed at everyone else, not you, Nez.

last edited at Nov 23, 2016 1:53AM

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Ophelia? Insanity? Suicide? Millais' painting? I really have no idea how the Japanese tend to interpret Hamlet...

Seriously though, it's pretty straightforward yuri.

Peach blossom in the language of flowers: Longevity; I am your captive; eternal love.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

How platonic.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Boom. Characterization.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Anticipation builds.

YeShallBeAsGods
YukaRei discussion 21 Nov 00:13
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

I mean, it's a doujin all about Reimu flirting with Yukari. Says so in the opening.

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Ohhhh damn, time to get my Jimi on with the updates!

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

You've been here for two years and that's your first post!? It was epic.

Yes, Yukari slaughtered the fuck out of that elder god.

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Drpepper, don't fall for the obvious ploys.

Utopt, your taste is bad and you should feel bad. Luckily, you don't fit any target yuri demographic, unless you're a slashfic person, which is non-market, irrelevant fanfiction separate from yuri.

As for a fanbase for this, it's readers of yurihime. They're the demographic, they drive what appears in the magazine. Yuri hime and rakuen define yuri. Yuri project translates top tier stuff, using any relevant barometer of good yuri. Plus, angst and drama are part and parcel yuri. That's how it is. If you don't like it, don't read the yuri serials.

Fight me empirically.

This one shot was a brilliant, emotional roller coaster. So far, everyone in the comments has sided with the main character despite the fairly clear rape scene where she pushes down and pierces her old lover. She's reprehensible and gets her just desserts. A testament for how skilled the author is in guiding readers.

Check it, I'm a time traveler.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 2:08AM

YeShallBeAsGods
Attack On Titan Shit 05 Nov 11:31
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Maybe? Is that the mangaka? I remember them like confessing then going their separate ways. For a really really long time. No idea if they ever met back up.

If that's someone from the anime team, they only summarize the manga, so I wouldn't consider what they say as canon. Even then, I don't see how canon can be established outside the story itself.

last edited at Nov 5, 2016 11:33AM

YeShallBeAsGods
Attack On Titan Shit 05 Nov 01:51
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Btw, AOT has a side yuri couple, Krista and Ymir

Are they finally canon ? Oo

There weren't many scenes between them in S1, but it has been confirmed they are canon by the staff. Ymir also acts clingy and jealous towards Krista in AOT highschool anime (forgot the original name)

S1? Staff?

Attack on Titan is a manga, with a writer-artist that determines the canon. Ymir is a lesbian and that one dude is gay. One of the wall titans. Ymir and Historia are pseudo-canon. Ymir is into her, but they got fucked over by the plot. Then things got weird. No idea if Ymir came back into the picture

Side note: Of course Annie's not Japanese. Mikasa is the only Japanese one, that's why she was almost sold into slavery.

last edited at Nov 5, 2016 1:58AM

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Yuuka x Student girl, please.

Sort of the opposite of Edible Flowers, then.

Edible humans?

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

In the language of flowers, morning glories mean willful promises, white lilies mean purity/chastity, and sunflowers mea respect, passionate love, and radiance.

Know your yuri!