Forum › Posts by MelonBun

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Nevri

Again. At her age it just doesn't seem right. And even if, Yuu couldn't make sense of it either. So she is ignorant about romance too? I just don't buy it.

Well, that's fine, you're not wrong to think it's forced or anything, I just don't see it that way myself.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

To put things into perspective, the word used in this case is 'suki', generally meaning like, but translated to 'love' since it is more appropriate given the context. It's not exactly "Love ? What's that ?!" but more like Haruka didn't get the connotations which came with Mitsuki's 'Love' given her ignorance toward what romance was. Personally, it didn't break my suspension of disbelief, but I can see clearly why it would have for most.

I actually liked Mitsuki, not for how she would go spaghetti over Haruka, but the little hints that showed how much she cared for her sister as well as that moment in episode nine where she put aside her awkward feelings and properly encouraged Haruka as her senior. Yes, we never felt that Mitsuki was a real threat to their relationship, but I felt she was a character, not a tool to create relationship drama. Not like the show relied on heavy drama anyway.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

What high school kid understands love anyway?

Exactly why I thought Haruka not understanding love actually validates their relationship rather than cheapens it. Given how widely the topic of romance is portrayed in media, impressionable youths start to latch onto these ideas of love, they start to categorize their feelings to fit these highly idealized relationships they once saw. The thing about this is that they are actually 'in love with the idea of being in love'.

This isn't the case for Haruka & Yuu, since we witness their genuine feelings through the show. They aren't getting carried away by illusions of 'love' as it is largely popularized to be, they simply act on their own feelings.

I just can't suspend my disbelief that 2 high-school girls were so close and cared so much about each other that they wanted to be special, without knowing what love or dating is.

Yea, I get what you mean, it caught me off guard as well. It's hard to relate as dwellers of the internet, but I do believe, based on what I've seen, that there are people who have been so clueless to these aspects. But after seeing the ending, I realized Haruka has shown ignorance toward romance before, for example when she was about to kiss Mitsuki in episode 5 and how she suggests she might get married soon in episode 8.

last edited at Jul 14, 2015 9:13AM

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Am I the only one who thinks the ending of the anime actually reinforces how much they love each other?

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

'Real lesbian' or not, I find the trope annoying for how it trivializes the romantic feelings in yuri.

"I'm only a lesbian because I had a misunderstanding about men" is naturally going to receive flak here.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015
  • Get called out on censorship
  • Try to salesman talk out of a bad situation, just makes things worse
  • "Optimization of in-game text"

Nice damage control. Laughing my ass off here.