Forum › Posts by Wlfking

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I really wonder if we're ever going to get a more in depth explanation of this war, it seems so vague...

Wondering the same thing. Probably done for an effect. So we can't pick a side or anything just yet.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

Had this bookmarked for a while. Wish the end bit was a little bit different bot otherwise quite good!

Wlfking
Image Comments 03 Jan 21:45
joined Apr 23, 2015
__chun_li_and_han_juri_street_fighter_and_1_more_drawn_by_stalkeralker__800bc2d1f3677dd9315a85cae38c3a6b

Pfft. Ha! Love their expresions!

Wlfking
Image Comments 03 Jan 21:43
joined Apr 23, 2015
Ehssutrwwaazjyh-orig

Just started watching this too . .

Wlfking
Still Sick discussion 03 Jan 13:03
joined Apr 23, 2015

I can't bring myself to care at all for the mangaka-vs-editor storyline. It reminds me of a quip I heard once about how touring makes comedians' jokes eventually revolve around flying and hotels.

While this is a terrific point I and I totally get, it I'm still very much the opposite. I think this is a very interesting path and is so much of what this story has been about. The pointed questions from the editor really strike at the heart of Maekawa's problems. Shimizu trying to help her work through it is sweet and I like that Shimizu being her girlfriend doesn't automatically solve this issue as I feel other stories might imply.

Makekawa has, in fact, not told Shimizu she loves her. The score is two to zero now. Considering how much of a big deal she make out of not getting to close to the people she use to date, watching her make this next step is sure to be a lot of fun.

Not really related but I know what it's like to have a story you don't know how to finish. Add to this that's rare that I can't finish a story. (I'm not saying my stories are good but I can pretty much always finish them!) I tell myself I'm willing to tear it down and rebuilt it from the ground up as long as the spirit remains but I I'm not even sure what that spirit is suppose to be anymore. It went through several iterations over a decade and a half. And my ideas about stories were different at different times so . . . ugh. ^^;

Wlfking
Still Sick discussion 02 Jan 22:50
joined Apr 23, 2015

Hnng! That chapter made me melt a little. Sorry about the mess.

Longer comments once I escape work!

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

That was a really well done chapter. I like the insight. Thinking of the times I've been jealous, I can only conclude that it really is an ugly emotion. I'm sure we have it for reasons I don't think anyone needs me to try and explain.

Someone already pointed out how even with a large number of comments you sometimes find they are only like 1 sentence long.
You also find that sometimes it's not even people liking something so much as arguing with each other. ^^;

Another point I could add for consideration is sometimes I miss stories that are right up my alley. I never even seen this story until the last update before this one and it's been here a while.

Sometimes there are so many chapters to a story I find that I bookmark it and take forever to get around to actually reading it.

last edited at Jan 2, 2020 12:33PM

joined Apr 23, 2015

Nice. Wish it was a series. Could be real interesting.

joined Apr 23, 2015

Not sure about this one. I do like succubi and incubi though.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

Overt possessiveness is wrong and shouldn't be condoned. But innocent, completely understandable jealousy is cute as hell.

Interesting take. I really haven't been able to understand people calling jealously cute or anything of the sort. Cutting it up into degrees might help. It probably doesn't help that I don't know that I've ever been in a situation that was 1 to 1 comparable to the characters in this story.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

Eleven chapters of this great manga are out already, exploring the deep, complex, psychologically realistic love story between two adult women. We have about 80 comments, three pages and a half.

Meanwhile, The Mute Girl and Her New Friend has released a grand total of 16 pages of manga (in 4 chapters of 4 pages each) about cute silly schoolgirls doing cute things and being silly. There are more than two hundred enthusiastic comments, and the number is explosively growing.

It mildly annoys me.

Wow.
I don't think I would have really thought to look and compare these two or any such two but that really is something.

As for me. Erm. I like this. They art is lovely. There might have been something I was iffy on but. Probably wouldn't do a great job of explaining even if I remembered what it was.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

We restarting? I'm very OK with this. This author's worlds are so much fun.

joined Apr 23, 2015

Abemus Key Visual
(https://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/adashima/img/keyvisual_2.jpg)

I wish they looked a bit older, but overall very cute... To get an anime is a miracle in itself.

And trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWz9iPUUMF0

Woooooooooooooooooooow.
It looks SO good!

Both the moms in this chapter are really pretty.
Gotta be honest. I'm don't know where I was with the mangas and have just been randomly popping in and out. Super introspective Shima was nice though. May have to just restart and get current!

last edited at Dec 30, 2019 11:05PM by Nezchan

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

It looks like I'm basically the only one who still likes Izumi at this point. She's manipulative oc, but what you gonna do if you're smarter than anyone else in the group trying to push things towards your advantage? The moral will obvs. be that you shouldn't do that, but I still like her character-design.

No, I like her too. I like that she flawed but not like some total bitch-senpai with malice. I hope she will accept situation and start to be a better person, like Nanaki trying to. I think that people just exaggerated for the sake of jokes when called her yandere, lol. And, yeah, her character design is the best here.

Well. I don't hate her. And I don't think we will really be given a reason to once they clear up the current set of issues and probably . . . all remain friends? I think there is a good chance of that.

Don't know what to say about the current .5 chapter. 'sokay I guess? ^^;

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

Nice. And really good art style. favs

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

Took me a minute to get around to getting current with this one but, it's really really good.

Wlfking
Image Comments 25 Dec 22:29
joined Apr 23, 2015
73208331_p1

sweet!

joined Apr 23, 2015

That was fantastic! I will probably always have a weakness for stuff based pretty much on real life experience. It's so insightful.

joined Apr 23, 2015

oh. So sugar solves all problems huh?
This is really good though.

joined Apr 23, 2015

Predictable but still very very good!
I can relate so much. I haven't stared at my ceiling . . . yet. but there is still time! ^^;

joined Apr 23, 2015

Well. That was all kinds of wonderful.
Enjoyed thoroughly. Lots of nice developments. Very much liked Shima's thoughts on sakuras. Various sakuras. Yep. Indeed.
Can't wait for more.

Oh. Sadly I only got around to re-reading a single chapter. Fun stuff in there. Like the two sharing food and drinking from the same bottle. A little surprised Adachi hasn't reflected back on that. Shima comparing herself to an iguana basking in the sun is too appropriate.

Haven't been able to stop thinking about the anime adaption lately and how great it could be. content sigh
I found myself looking at art from this series but had to stop myself when I realized I might spoil something for myself.

last edited at Dec 24, 2019 1:24AM

joined Apr 23, 2015

da . . . feels. doubles over

Wlfking
Image Comments 17 Dec 13:36
joined Apr 23, 2015
74364357_p10

awesome!

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

Not the extent of Shiho, I do laugh a lot about jokes and the like, but people have been telling me for a very long time that I don't really show my happiness or emotions on my face in general really, at least not most of the time.
I do feel happiness and I am grateful and I love m friends and family.. but my emotions don't always translate to my face.
I've gotten better at meeting peoples' expectations over time. When I was younger people would tell me that I was just saying I'm happy about presents or good grades but didn't mean it, which hurt me since I did. It wasn't like these things didn't mean anything to me, as some people were saying about me. I wasn't even aware that it came across the way it did. I thought:"I smiled and said thank you so I'm sure they will see that I am really happy!". But when I would tell people how I honestly felt in words later they would act surprised and responded they hadn't known or would accuse me of lying to make them feel better.
I don't have autism by the way, I am diagnosed with ADHD, but no autism here.
I am clumpsy with showing emotions to this day through body language and facial expressions a lot of the time, and that's probably going to stay that way, even though I've kind of gotten a little better?. It's just.. kind of the way I am I guess.
I know I'm not the same as Shiho, but maybe that's why I don't think of her as dull at all, because I can identify with her just a little bit.

I don't get why people think she has autism. Some of just don't emote all that much. I spent decades not wanting people to know if I was happy or not. I just didn't see how it was anyone's business but my own. I was tested for autism since three of my siblings have it. I don't have it.

Some people actually have faces that, when in the most relaxed state, look to others like they are unhappy. The unflattering term for it is . . . resting b**ch face.

last edited at Dec 14, 2019 5:49PM

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

I enjoy reading it cause it’s yuri, but I could never date a girl like Shiho irl. I like chill girls but not someone who’s so monotonous. But again, to each their own. Would you guys actually date someone like Shiho?

Ab.so.lut.ely.
If I could get the sense that said girl actually wanted me around.(i might mistake her being quite for disinterest) It would be like dating myself. lol.

last edited at Dec 14, 2019 10:58AM