Sweet Apple discussion 23 Sep 02:24
Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015

Kyuubey, giving relationship advice

what strange timeline have we entered now

Ottermelon
Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015

Ah, a pleasant surprise and a nice addition to my favorite yuri anthology.

A little short, but ya gotta take what you can get.

now i gotta update my MAL review rip

last edited at Sep 17, 2016 1:29AM

Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015

what

Ottermelon
Chuu Life discussion 18 Aug 18:48
Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015

Man, Rebellion doujinshi always make me kinda sad.

Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015

Wasn't expecting this to take such a dark turn - honestly, I'll be satisfied if this is all we get.

it might get worse if it it keeps going

Ottermelon
Image Comments 31 Jul 17:20
Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015
36147295_p1

More HonoUmi for my HonoUmi-starved mind!

Ottermelon
Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015

I love how much emphasis is put on the facial expressions. They tell so much just on their own.

Ottermelon
Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015

Yeah but that's what I actually like about One-shots: unless you're 50 pages long, I feel it's best to have a slightly open ending.

A series can lengthen out a relation, making the falling in love process more natural and smoother. But when I read a 20 page one-shot where they meet, fall in love, kiss and proclaim they'll be together forever, and then it ends, it always feels too sudden and false to me, like it was crammed in. Whereas a more open ending is more natural and allows you to imagine what happens after, while leaving the possibility of a sequel (which are nice).

also this was cute

This isn't all to say that a oneshot can't end too suddenly, like I feel this one did, or that I don't find myself wishing something was a series, or a sequel existed or so on and so on. But I think every oneshot published this week has had at least 10 comments of "where's the sequel", regardless of how definitively it ends on a perfect note. So meh to the "empty".

I don't have anything against the principle of open endings (it's sometimes good leave things to the imagination), but the real issue lies in the "possibility of a sequel" part, with the emphasis on possibility.

I mean, how many one-shots like these are actually carried on to become series? Maybe I'm bad at picking one-shots to read or it's just my confirmation bias, but I can go through my read list and pick out open-ended oneshots pretty easily, and that's all that you get.

That's my real issue with these open-ended chapters: I've read too many of them compared to ones with "real" endings. Sure, I get why authors do it, but it's gotten to the point where I want more resolution than what's given, more often than not. I guess you could argue that this one had a bit of a resolution... not enough for me though.

Ottermelon
Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015

obligatory complaint about how it's really cute, but needs a sequel

Ottermelon
Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015

Sooo... does this mean that Pink Noise is getting their mom-futa/daughter series translated too?

(pls)

Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015

Is this a series?

Didn't think I wanted a continuation... but now I think that'd be great too...

Ottermelon
Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015

Beautiful story, and even as I was always caught up in my feels, I never really understood the scene when Misao was drinking water
When Misao pulled her down and gave her her uniform, why did Mizuki cry?

I think the next couple of pages explains that: Mizuki was never able to wear a school uniform "like other girls," and she thought she had accepted that fact.

However, when Misao basically forced her to wear her uniform, it brought back all that pain and regret she felt at not being able to wear the uniform, and it was too much for her, hence the crying.

Just my take on it.

Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015

This is my favorite kind of Ritsu - the kind who acts stupid, but who's actually pretty thoughtful and perceptive. For some reason, it just works.

One of the many reasons this is one of my favorites.

Ottermelon
Secret Love discussion 01 Mar 18:42
Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015

Reminiscent of Sweet Blue Flowers...