Forum › Posts by Marion Diabolito

Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

If the My Younger Sempai artist did this story, they'd settle it in an oversized 4-poster bed.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Hibiki is Midoriri's Shizuka.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's interesting to see a Touhou without subtext. Usually, Marisa is charming Alice (or Reimu) into covering for her, but in this one, Alice is basically the Buddha, and her motto is "she's on her own."

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's not in Satou Kashi no Dangan wa Uchinukenai ["Sugar Candy Bullets Can't Pierce Anything"]/A Lollipop or a Bullet territory ... yet.

joined Jan 5, 2015

Time for the complicated double negotiation

Let's gooo

At least the sisters should now present a united front. Onee-san may be too nice to avoid "I want my loved one's happiness, no matter how heartbroken it makes me." That won't happen with Makino. Time for her scumbag super-powers to activate! That's Makino's bag of popcorn now, and you aren't reaching for it, Sena!

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I have developed MANGA-SP and doing a reading of Tachi, I can see ... she likes ... girls kissing ... and ... lingerie.

joined Jan 5, 2015

I'm NOT reading this faithfully because I like tsunderes! They're stupid and people that like them are stupid and I'm not reading this for that, in case any idiots here get any stupid ideas about it. And I'm not saying this for your benefit anyway! It's not even that awesome or anything! I have to re-watch Toradora now, not that there's any connection to this.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Well, 3 complete volumes, even of 7 chapters, is fine. As long as it isn't just axed in the middle. BTW unless Baka-chan is in love with the MC, she's just mistaken. The MC has won Perfect Girl's heart 100% so she's not a rival to Baka-chan. So, her being or not being there is irrelevant.

joined Jan 5, 2015

The thing with Makino is you are told upfront what she's like so you look at her growth, not where she is. Think of Tomoko Kuroki. Objectively, during most of her manga and all of her anime, she was a pretty terrible scummy little girl, and only her shyness prevented her from being a less-attractive, less-popular Koharu Minami. But we love her because she never stopped making progress after she hit bottom, and she's developed her own unique coping mechanisms. Long story short, I see a few spiritual similarities.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Sorry scanlators! The chance that Sempai will make your cute little baby bird cry is pretty much 100%. In fact, she already has, and will again.

joined Jan 5, 2015

Is the main character a jimiko? [plain, ordinary girl]? I only ask because gyaru/jimiko is still pretty popular.

Marion Diabolito
Laundry Cat discussion 31 May 05:07
joined Jan 5, 2015

Why is there a "Dogs" tag but not "Cats"? What is this discrimination!?

Jokes aside, all the cats and dogs were so cute I had trouble focusing on the story.

Cats are covered by Not Lizard

joined Jan 5, 2015

It's definitely end of volume territory but final chapter is on the credits page where often the scanlators just write random stuff. it'd be very hard to sum up this series in one more chapter, for sure. Here's hoping there's another volume.

This from Twitter looks bad:

May 26
それとREX誌面にて掲載されていますが、来月号で『気をつけなよ、お姉さん。』が最終回になります。
これまで応援してくださった皆様のおかげでここまで描くことができました。
いろいろお話したいことはありますが、ひとまず最後までお付き合いのほど宜しくお願いします!

Basically, "although it will appear in REX, it will be the last one, it's only your support that's let me draw this much, there's a lot I'd want to say [about this?] but thanks for coming along with me this far."

You could read it on Pocket Shonen magazine site for points, I worry that wasn't enough.

last edited at May 31, 2023 4:50AM

joined Jan 5, 2015

I am going to hold out hope for Mai-Tai until the end.

joined Jan 5, 2015

I am still Asumi x Mai till the bitter end.

joined Jan 5, 2015

Terrible end

Well, she really is a n00b. Even a choose-your-own-adventure reader, typically 10 years old, would have made better choices. Hopefully, she'll be humbled and the witch will restore her to health.

A lvl 99 opponent was present at a starting area, there wasn't exactly better options

And she can't exactly do much to make her situation better as she now suffers from locked in syndrome

A 10 year old Cyoa reader would have died and had to start over, an option this character seemingly doesn't have

A level 99 witch has made you her wife.

After a weekend of love-making, you wake up and she fawns on you.

If you choose to say "it's been real, babe, but I can't be tied down to one woman. Maybe our paths will cross again" turn to the next page.

If you choose to say "I love you too, honey," and stay in bed, turn to page # you have a brain in your head.

joined Jan 5, 2015

Terrible end

Well, she really is a n00b. Even a choose-your-own-adventure reader, typically 10 years old, would have made better choices. Hopefully, she'll be humbled and the witch will restore her to health.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015
Okiru-1618645139995635712-img1

The manga has a lot of subtext, and a lot of yuri crushes.

The main character is mostly gay - she is really attracted to Asuka Kato (in her year) and Shizuku Hirasawa (underclassman) and her friend Yuu from middle school and her former mentor Megumi Imae.
Her and her friend Yuri often act like they're dating. Yuri gets clingy and jealous over her.
She's complimented Masaki Yoshida on her breasts (and groped them, along with her crotch)
She's complimented cheerleader Emily Uchi on her body, especially her butt, seen her in the shower and stole her panties. She stared at her friend Hina Nemoto's exposed pussy, and said it was a pretty pink color. She likes to have Hina read sex roles to her as a voice actress.

Her young cousin Kiko has a crush on her, as does the cheerleader. Asuka Kato pretty much returns her affection, as does Shizuku Hirasawa. Meanwhile, Masaki Yoshida and Mako Tanaka are basically a couple, as are Koharu Minami and her friend Sacchi.

It basically grows more yuri every month.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Roundabout twist: Akari gets Hina to fall for her and then disappears.

joined Jan 5, 2015

The only thing the victims had in common was a web site - dynasty something - on their phones.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Kase-san is managing her, basically. she wants to get out from under without crushing her spirit. I now think she needs to talk more honestly and openly with Morning Glory about it, though.

joined Jan 5, 2015

Why is it titIed "The scumbag's friend," though? Why not Sister or oIder sister?

IIRC onee-chan volunteered the money, rather than Mashiro making threats.

The first few times yes, the last time however Makino was being a jackass.

Sister is still the one who unprompted opened that Pandora's box

These are good points

She shouId stiII apoIogize and return at Ieast the Iast time's money

last edited at May 19, 2023 4:33PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

You straight women who:
^ go to meet lesbians in lesbian bars
^ tell them you love them, repeatedly
^ hang AII over them, repeating how much you Love them
^ teII your co-workers you're unavailable because you love a certain lesbian
^ etc

PIease stop! Iook how confused you're making Hiroko!

last edited at May 19, 2023 4:27PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I can’t really relate to all these complaints.

Agreed. Of course, matters of taste are matters of taste. But "not happy, not content" seems to be the basic mode for many people these days. I found this to be a funny story with very cute art and great characters. It was a bit different than normal, had surprisingly some character growth (lol) and had a good and clear ending which is a bit rare.

Yeah, it’s amazing how many people seem to have been reading this as primarily a rom-com devoted to an ultimate romantic end-game, when it’s been a (barely) subtext-y gag manga from the very beginning.

I always feel like everyone wants all kinds of stories to read exactly like a planned out novel. Episodic stories by their nature, just can't flow at the pace all readers would want, and progression and endings sometimes seem "forced' because there just isn't room to detail every change in thought and motivation.

They should read more fan fiction - or at least more Dickens

A rushed ending is 100% better than no ending at all

last edited at May 19, 2023 4:12PM

joined Jan 5, 2015

Going to her sister for help is definitely the smartest thing she has done so far.

Coming out to her sister is going to force her to return all that spent blackmail money.

"With all due respect, you are the same little bitch that extorted money from me, your own big sister, so you wouldn't tell the family I was gay, just so you could blow it on gay hookers, right? My advice is to grow a soul!"

It looks like her sister turned out better than she did, though, so I think she'll forgive her and give good advice.

last edited at May 18, 2023 2:42PM