Forum › Posts by Green Melon

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Now that's just wrong. Be it subtext or full yuri, there's way more of it now. At that time it was hard enough already to find yuri manga. Now, Yuri manga that didn't end with them dying or marrying a man was almost impossible. Give a tour for older yuri mangas in dynasty. You'll realize that the most you go back, the least yuri they become.
The first yuri related magazine came after 2000. Most yuri authors are really new and they were inspired by things like Sailor Moon and Utena in their infancy.
Sailor Moon and Utena were pretty much the only yuri you could find then (and Sailor Moon was only one couple), everything else was just fanservice.

Forgive me for using an example like Sailor Moon that takes us way too back into the past. I wanted to mean shows and manga during the boom of the anime and manga period "2000-2009" that had yuri implications or subtext even before the "Girls Club" or "Class S yuri" anime trope became a fad played for jokes or staple fanservice.

Then there was Shuumatsu no Izetta which subtly presented its yuri without typically fetishizing it or being made light of. It seems both potrayals brought its own fair share of dissatisfaction by noth parties.

And my goodness what was I typing, I wanted to say "brought its own fair share of differing views by both parties". Pardon the typo, @Wtv.

Green Melon
Image Comments 20 Jan 04:50
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014
Hypy4wp

^if I recall in the manga series before the anime debut, Nico regularly wears her twin tails down. That explains why in the pv for mogyutto love de sekkin chuu she has her hair in the same way

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Happy belated birthday my Rice Goddess! And may Mezashi water our crops and free us from famine by supplementing us with enough moe

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

An interesting read! Although I got a little confused at the part when the editor said that the mc for Musume no Iede was a lesbian? Pretty sure she was dating her male co-worker.

Now straight(hehe) to the point! I think Western and Japanese have different opinions regarding "yuri" content in anime and manga. While western or non-japanese yuri fans in general do not welcome yuri-bait with open arms,Japanese seem to view it as a way for revolutionising anime fans to be more comfortable for two girls to be together sexually or not? This could be arguable with an example with Hibike where the buildup between Reina and Kumiko ended quite abruptly. Then there was Shuumatsu no Izetta which subtly presented its yuri without typically fetishizing it or being made light of. It seems both potrayals brought its own fair share of dissatisfaction by noth parties.

Even so, after hearing that even japanese high school girls buy yuri magazines too, I feel that yuri subtext (not the lewd and pointless ones) is not all a bad way to slowly ease up a "traditional" country like japan to start accepting flaunted lgbt media albeit in quite a slow and frustrating manner.
Honestly I don't see much difference in the amount of yuri in shows back in the days like sailor moon and shows now. Maybe it's just the general perception of the audience. But if a day where "serious" yuri ( and lgbt related) romance anime are being regualrly aired, I'd be elated.

Green Melon
Image Comments 13 Jan 21:44
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014
C2chxp1uuaektyn

It's hard getting used to seeing it not pink. Just like when I found out shugo chara and binbougami's mc didn't have blonde hair

Green Melon
Opapagoto discussion 07 Jan 08:29
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

The author constantly impresses me with his/her ability to make every character count no matter how minor. Hell, i'm even liking the male judge. I want girl to serve me food too! Not the other way around!

Green Melon
Renai Kowai discussion 03 Jan 02:57
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

I for one...don't seem to dislike it too much? The setting and characters seem gripping enough in the usual kuzushiro style art with a very nice touch on panelling.
Doumoto and Sakurai actually very well relate to me and my friend (with me as Doumoto). Except that I'm not into him or will ever be. And that's where im scared the manga will take direction because it'll most likely end up as the typical shounen het manga with a token lesbian. Whether Doumoto is bi or not doesn't matter (even tho it should) so long as her "appreciation of girls" remain a running schtick.

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

This is a really nice take on what it means to be "euphonium"-like.

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

It'd be nice if it had ended with a kiss. Have more guts next time Patche!

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

The afterword got me pretty depressed haha. I mean I've accepted the possibility of a neutral or even het end in either girls' future but still ouch, for a doujin artist to say it. You're supposed to keep the dream alive yo!

last edited at Dec 25, 2016 9:04AM

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Ho-oh! Now this is what i'm talking about. This author really knows how ti be creative. Having a nice touch of science to anything is always a pleasure to read.

Green Melon
Image Comments 20 Dec 22:57
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014
Mooooom

@Vankomycin could it have been this one perhaps?
http://dynasty-scans.com/images/5216

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Holy shit. I never knew how much i needed this

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Aww man I got the chills reading this. Too good, I ponder though, having to relive the same time and space over and over again in the many more Gensoukyous to come, isn't that virtually the same as the 8th Hell of eternity with Sakuya roped in to boot. If Eirin had memory of what happened, she could've just prevented making the Elixir itself. But that wouldn't be any fun, would it?

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Thank you, Team Onibe. You just made my day, or well the rest of it in my timezone.

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

New Millet Soup?? Thank Godoka!! //cries//

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

This takes couples yoga to a whole new level.

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Subaru needs a hug and Kyousuke is a cinnamon roll. Period.
(ANIME ADAPTATION WHERE ART THOU)

Green Melon
It's Okay discussion 30 Nov 06:47
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Its like being in two ends of the emotion spectrum, from seeing yuri technically rape ucchi, to feeling the fuzziness of her being told its okay to like girls. This author sure is something else. The story flow and paneling is A+

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Karaagetarou is the miracle Sanae granted.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 10:52PM

Green Melon
YukaRei discussion 20 Nov 09:20
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

woah if we didn't get a glimpse of how hot and heavy reimu was in the beginning, yukari's actions felt pretty rape-y. otherwise a pretty good read (albeit reimu's facial expressions looking like it hurt was sort of a turn-off)

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Wow talk about being pushy as hell.

I know they are her friends. But it's almost like shoving that guy her throat -_-

Yuri at this point is non existent. Very few actual character development and it was only of glasses guys. Most of jokes fell flat and were cringeworthy.

It just made me sad now that i think how good chapter 1 was. But author uses the cheap and unoriginal way to continue the story by introducing the guy and then making her friends to make the girl liking the guy to this point of forcing.

This chapter: 3/10

If someone out there is waitig for a good love triangle manga, don't get your hope up. Certainly not with this one.

I'm sorry for disagreeing because i love it too much. 10/10 manga for me

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

There's het, drama, aaaangst, het incest and everything else that i DON'T USUALLY READ BUT GOD I LOVE THIS SO SO MUCH I HAVE NO IDEA WHY

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Oh ho~ if anything, this manga perfectly describes my feelings towards my crush too. Not that I'm as cool as Washio haha. And also sudden het development?? If he doesn't turn out to be a asshole I guess I'm fine with him sticking around.

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

That was a great work! Glad i didn't choose thie based this on my "yuri-only" principle. The ending was sweet but somehow I feel sad when i see characters grow up in Touhou be it a side one. It makes me think that the other humans such as Reimu and Marisa inevitably age too.