Forum › Posts by Chikaon

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

got hooked on the artwork, but the comments are hilariously alarming??? apparently this is the tamest out of all the author's work? considering she pretty much assaulted her, that's a bit... uh.

oh well, i'm in for the ride.

Lol I think most of us are most familiar with Flowerchild's "It's a Detatched Relationship". It's super fun if you enjoy the messiest of toxic trainwrecks.

@chikaon: is that kaleido star????????

Yessss!!! Glad to know ppl still recognize it hahahah. I'll love Sora and Layla forever

last edited at Jul 28, 2023 2:52AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ah now that's the Flowerchild we all know and love.

Still not as much of a trainwreck as the other series, but I can smell the potential lol

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Don't be shy Sena! Pat the Kiku!!

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Thanks so much for the NicoTori! Loved both parts. Interesting way for it to end. I liked how it fit in with Nico's idol ideals, but also kept it hopeful and overall happy. IRL it'd be too painful to keep that sort of relationship limbo for so long though xD

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Always love the tension between the two of them in this story. The dialogue always makes my heart clench for some reason. I love the melancholic and distant tone of the whole series. It kinda always feels like I'm floating in the ocean reading it.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Kinda surprised by some of the complaints in here (aside from the het bc ofc there is...). I think the pacing so far is fine and everything makes sense. I like the story telling and really enjoyed the pov shift.

I'm surprised to hear there's over 100 chapters. That's great! Just means more to look forward to.

what?? this is over 100 chapters long?? and then you have a lot of great mangas with great premises axed in the 4th volume and even before smh

That's a pretty harsh to imply that this series doesnt have a great premise. I think messy band girls is always a great premise lol. We've only read 4 chapters and they are fairly short chapters too so let's just give it some more time before judging it so hard.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I like Aki x Shiho, but it was about time the arc ended. I almost groaned when I saw Shiho disappear from the crowd because it would be believable for the author to drag it out once again lol. I thought it was funny how even the author was surprised by how long the arc went on for.

Overall I'm satisfied with how it turned out, but I really wish it wasn't so public. I couldn’t get over how ridiculous it would be to be in the audience listening and witnessing this sudden personal drama lol.

I do hope they don't just jump into a relationship right away and repair their friendship first before doing so. I also hope Shiho shows more remorse about how much of a menace she has been to everyone the past year.

last edited at Jul 21, 2023 11:25AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Author pls don't pull any last min drama before their talk pleaseeee I beg of you, please don't pull that pointless trope for extra unsatisfying angst pleaseeee. I don't need Kaori to live, but this series would seriously drop major points for me if Shizuku isn't able to confess before Kaori dies. I just need them to have a couple of moments together as a real couple before her death ughhhh

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Oh boy another yuri manga jam-packed with drama where all the characters are pos. Can't wait for the inevitable anime adaption lol

Shall I be so lucky!! I'd love to watch this shitshow in anime version.

Amen!
But I kinda doubt that they will take to tv something so sexual and erotic as this manga.

After finding out Looking Up to Magical Girls is getting an anime adaptation, I believe anything can get an anime now lmao

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Please please let there be a confession during their date. Pleaseeee

Chikaon
J<->M discussion 03 Jun 13:00
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Such a fun start! The jokes and punchlines were great. Looking forward to more!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Kumichou BTR doujin! Bless! I hope they write more for BTR

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Yesss more gay band girls. Always down for rivals to lovers too. Excited to see where this goes

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I dont mind generic starts since it feels like an obligatory ch 1 set up nowadays, but I'm always down for new villianess yuri no matter how many times I see it lol. The real story starts ch 2 so gotta wait and see how it plays out from here.

At least it isn't isekai villainess. Now that I am pretty tired of.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lol I was surprised at how much of a non-fucked up start this was from Flowerchild. Happy to see them start another series!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lmfao this chapter was great. The humor was on point

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lmao the fact that Makino originally was supposed to be the complete opposite of herself now and her scummy-ness got out of hand even from the author herself xD

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This chapter was so ridiculous it's fucking hilarious

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I went back to read from the beginning for the Mona x Shion parts after their really sweet moment this chapter and man Mona has been down bad for Shion a while.

Looking forward to what's coming next since there's been really good development from both pairs.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

So uh everyone dies except Benika ending???

Although this chapter was pretty hopeful feeling so maybe there is a happy ending to this after all?

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This was such a lovely story. Thanks so much for translating it!

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I'm pretty surprised how similar to the original manga it is in terms of joke pacing and delivery. The characterizations were also pretty on point.

Boobs jokes are definitely overdone, but it got a legitimate laugh out of me when Kita pushed Bocchi off the slide xD

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

FINALE?!?! Nooooooo

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I probably shouldn't be, but I'm always surprised to see OG LL! doujins (especially ones with rarer pairs like this) still being made. When it hit the last page I was like whoa this was made in 2023!

This was nice.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

LMFAO WHAT?!?

That last page is pure comedy.