Forum › Posts by kiriactor

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Ah, how sweet...

kiriactor
lesson!! discussion 04 Sep 02:32
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

The art was lovely, but I wish it was more fluffy/romantic rather than sexy...

kiriactor
K-ON-Hon!? discussion 04 Sep 02:03
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

...And then they had actual sex and all was right with the world

I really hope so... It'd be sort of depressing otherwise.

kiriactor
Excuse discussion 04 Sep 01:52
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Ahahaha! She turned it into a half-propsal!

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Too cute for words!

Cute but it lacks story...

dammit Cecilia, enjoy the moment!

EDIT: OK, that was a bit rough. what I meant to say was, Cecilia, what is lacking in a structured story line is more than made up for in the mangaka's usage of pathos. the emotional storyline is the unspoken words, the feelings, and the climatic "yes" of approval. surely we can agree on that, yes?

I laughed at this. Great phrasing!

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

While I think that the blonde girl definitely deserved what she got, and it's true that the black-haired woman had no obligation to stop somebody who was self-destructing in her attempts to hurt her/get her attention, what I'm most uncomfortable about is that this whole situation might have been avoided if Emi had just confessed to her. If she loved her, and knew that the blonde girl loved her too, I don't see why she stayed back and let the situation escalate into this whole two-timing business. (Of course, the blonde should have confessed too, but if Emi hadn't responded then she would probably have done the same thing; that's why I don't think it would have solved the problem.) I too want a prequel and sequel!

All in all, great one-shot from Takemiya Jin, very interesting and thought-provoking despite its short length. ...Though I still think Nishi UKO is the queen of super-short stories.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Ahh, it's so cute! ><
The art is really nice too.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Except for the approval for same-sex marriage, this is still pretty much a reflection of Japan and other Asian cultures with that arranged marriage due to age/financial instability, and gender roles. Everything was just romanticized and coated with yuri. I know I shouldn't over analyze but still can't help it so I'm hoping for a good change/development in the next part

I had the same idea, this really is just japan but where everyone has cat ears and "husbands" can be female. I guess that I also overanalyze this manga, because the arranged marriage and the reinforced gender roles kinda distract me from enjoying the cuteness.

Yeah, because it is an arranged marriage, there is no relationship and no romance prior to their union, and gender roles still exist with whoever's in the female role being very subservient to the point of idealising/almost worshipping the husband. To me it basically feels like het, except for the fact that the husband is technically female and there are passing references to the acceptance of same-sex marriage. It's sad, 'cause the art is really nice and the characters seem decent, but it seems to uphold too many of the conservative Japanese values and attitudes which I dislike the most.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

But I take major issue with the way they "broke up" this chapter. Fueko and Asuna genuinely still liked each other and after a genuine apology cry session there isn't anything stopping them from trying to work things out. I disagree with Sacchan's remark about Fue being an adult. She didn't do anything but continue to run from her problems in the end, EVEN IF SHE WORKED THEM OUT with Asuna she still scrambled after they made up. Fighting through those problems is what relationships are supposed to do.

I understand the concept of not being able to "complete one another" but things don't add up. Fue loved Asuna but didn't completely know her more...problematic side which is part of Asuna. But you can't completely be in love with someone unless you know all parts of them. However in the end she wanted to make things work and came to work things out. Which means she came to terms with it and still loved Asuna. But then she ran away from her love in the end. But then does that mean she really loved her? But she came back to help out Asuna which means she did. But...

While I understand the message, I think is really shitty to have them talk maturely about their situation, show that they're still in love with each other and throwing the "I'm a bad person and I won't change" card, if only because I find that attitude pretty mediocre.

I'm all up for talking about it and working through problems, but sex drive is one of the things that you really cannot change. That whole blackmailing stuff was pretty out there and I don't agree with those things so Asuna doesn't get a pass on that, but I think that Fue already knew about Asuna's high sex drive and that's what really started creating the tension between the two.There isn't much you can do even after talking about it. The only way to truly satisfy both parties is if they agree to an open relationship, but it's obvious Fue doesn't like it when Asuna sleeps with other people.

Just because you love someone doesn't mean that that relationship is for you. They were both looking for different things in their relationships and life and I thought it was for the best they parted ways.

I'm honestly glad Fue and Asuna's storyline is done. IMO theirs was the least interesting and it was a train wreck waiting to happen.

Yeah, agreed. It was really painful watching the whole thing unfold, so I'm glad they were able to at least talk about it more properly at the end... Still depressing though.

kiriactor
Kitto discussion 24 Aug 23:53
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

A really nice treatment of Sayaka's feelings before, during and after Rebellion. Awesome work!

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Somehow the first panel on this page cracks me up...

kiriactor
Melty Kiss discussion 24 Aug 23:31
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Massive amounts of kissing

And I thought the isora doujin needed an extra tag. Maybe not.

+1
I don't think I've ever seen anything with this much kissing before. It's a record I'm glad has been broken! <3

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Not Yuri? Pass.

At least watch the anime this got, it was freaking beautiful and i recommend it to anyone

everyone has their own opinions but...giving an auto pass just cause no yuri is so close minded >.< the anime was sooooo beautiful....

Closed-minded or not, I know how you feel - I don't watch or read anything with het in it any more - but I can assure you there is at least no het in it. Also, although there's no definite yuri, any fan worth their salt can see subtext between the two female leads if they've got their goggles on.

On another note, the anime really was beautiful - in its emotion, characters and their development and relationships, but also looking pretty nice as well. (Abe did the character designs, what else would you expect?) It's highly recommended for anybody looking for a deeper, more meaningful tale amongst the shallow entertainment which abounds everywhere nowadays. And I'm not just talking about anime... mutters darkly

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

from /u/

"I am not entirely sure of this, but it seems that the author found a friend in あるばとろす who seems to have been an animator for AnR, so now the two of them will release image related.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=45192160 for their pixiv with images from the book itself."

Yeah, I saw that too. The staff of AnR are releasing a collection of genga as a doujin, and there will be guest illustrations by Minakata Sunao and Kouga Yun. Those having their drawings featured include the director, Kusakawa Keizo, and the character designer, Ide Naomi, among others. Unfortunately, it seems to be an event exclusive...

https://twitter.com/minakatasunao/status/495219443975204865/photo/1
iamnotready

Damn. I can only imagine how much restraint she has to use when drawing the actual manga.

And then there's this infamous sketch...

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I like you

Not love? What is this crap?

This (courtesy of shadow8321's post)

好きです

can translate as "like" or "love" depending on context. Maybe the translator is holding on to "love" in case the stronger term (愛) is used later? Or maybe I'm just making up excuses because translation can be hard.

好き is technically "like", so to translate it as such is correct. However, anybody who knows about manga/anime confessions would realise that an overwhelming amount of the time characters use "like" rather "love"; in fact 愛 is not generally used seriously except to indicate deep love as in Rebellion, where Homura claims her actions are done out of love - 「愛よ」. Because of this sort of culture gap, some people translate 好き as "love", since it would be perceived that way from a Western POV. In this case, since it is basically a confession scene - she just kissed her, for goodness' sake - I think it is entirely reasonable to think of 好き as "love".

Also, I find it mildly hilarious that so far the main couple is getting completely left in the dust by HitsuChita. It's nice that there's more yuri in it than the anime, though.

...Does anybody else wonder how Hitsugi managed to reach Chitaru in the last page?

kiriactor
Kaminare discussion 13 Aug 01:49
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I thought I'd never have to do this again but WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE FLIPPING OUT ABOUT THIS SICKENING BOOK IT IS TRULY ONE OF THE MOST DISGUSTING THINGS I HAVE EVER READ THIS MORE F*CKED UP THAN MOST OF DOWMAN'S WORKS THIS IS IS GROTESQUE IT SULLY'S TOUHOU'S REPUTATION AS A FUN AND JOYFUL WORLD AND TURNS IT INTO SOMETHING NEEDLESSLY REPULSIVE AND DARK.if you are just looking at the comments before reading it leave now forgive me but I had to bring up these issues

Whenever I see people saying stuff like "Oh, I wish I could go to Gensokyo" or otherwise expressing the opinion that Touhou is just happy-happy moe, I really want to tell them to think about the setting and characters more closely. Youkai, no matter how cheerfully portrayed by fans, need to eat humans to survive; in fact Yakumi Sakurai addresses this very issue in Canni-Can, where Yukari has introduced a system to compromise between the need for harmony and youkai's need for human flesh. Even the ones labelled as weak and stupid (think Rumia or Cirno) would be more than enough to kill you, and would happily do so too - that danger is something that comes up in some works where Renko or Merry stray into Gensokyo, and is explicitly mentioned in "Changeability of Strange Dream". What harmony there is between the humans and youkai is really just maintained through the Hakurei miko's exercise of violence; it's a place governed by strength.

While I do enjoy many of the light-hearted works based on Touhou, I respect this creator for stepping away from that illusion of peaceful happiness and considering the darker aspects inherent in the very setting of Gensokyo. His works act as a brutal reminder that to accept Gensokyo and the situation in Touhou as ideal is simple naivete; perhaps the reason why everything is presented

in such an unsettling and vile way

is to remind us just why these practices exist in Gensokyo - i.e. that we rightly considered them reprehensible and so ended those traditions in our world.

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Not sure about the ending, but at least the art was nice. Thanks, Yuri Project!

kiriactor
DODO discussion 13 Aug 01:18
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Compared to his other doujin, this one is surprisingly tame/not creepy and the ending was kinder than expected (in a way - because dodos being in Gensokyo reinforces the fact that they were exterminated from Earth). Though I must say the last part of Kanako and Suwako's exchange here was a bit chilling, probably because it's true.

kiriactor
Vintage discussion 13 Aug 00:06
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

TBH I don't understand why the author claims that this book centres on Meiling and Sakuya... To me it's definitely a lot more about Remilia and Sakuya's relationship? Though since I'm a RemiSaku shipper I guess I might just be seeing it that way...

An interesting (and creepy) take on a fairly commonly-explored topic, though.

kiriactor
Stretch discussion 07 Aug 05:46
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch23#5
Yuri
cheers

For some reason, the nonchalant-ness makes it feel less Yuri-y to me.

I keep on getting the feeling that Higashiyama wants to put yuri in but is not actually supposed to, so by making it nonchalant it slips under the radar? It's prolly just wish-projection on my side though.

kiriactor
Desire discussion 05 Aug 06:43
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Pretty late reply, but I think it's probably to do with how in this story Kaguya, being spoilt and selfish, assumed that everybody was as well. Because of this, she thought that Eirin had ulterior motives, and she attempted to expose these by physically and verbally abusing her. But Eirin of course has no wish but to stay with Kaguya; and this is what is referred to at the end, since she has been able to do that for a thousand years already.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I liked the YukaYuyu and ReiMari ones the most, they have a calm atmosphere going on~

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I hope that the rich daughter will still retain her enthusiasm for tinkering after the first chapter, it would be a bit more interesting that way. Also, the plot is super jumpy. D:

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

That was surprisingly heart-warming for a story about children dying.

kiriactor
RAIN FALL discussion 04 Aug 21:20
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

An interesting take on the idea of something that seems like an incident but doesn't actually have a culprit you can beat up like in the games. This was the first thing I've read of this circle's, and I must say I'm pretty impressed - I'll toddle off to read some more!