Forum › Posts by shadesofgreymoon

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

lol, I too said "Sigh. Hello, cliche. Hello, thing that never actually happens in real life. Ever." But eh, it's not like I'm capable of writing and illustrating a story so beggars can't be choosers.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Am I the only one who likes Kaoru x Uta? lol

I think probably the only reason I do is because I'm finding myself sick of tragic or otherwise unhappy endings. (A la "Bury Your Gays".) As a perpetually and probably now permanently single lady, I just want to have a little warm and fuzzy when I can get it. And it seems I'm finally to a point where I'm willing to overlook things like poor character development or heavy-handed, square-peg-in-the-round-hole forced plots, so long as it means two gals find some mote of happiness together.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Rawr, this is one of those stories that punches me in the gut too hard from the start. My first and only true love went the same way. I never told her back then, and she's been with her husband now for about 18 years. She knows now that I used to have have "a crush" on her "back in the day", I told her when I came out a few years ago, but she has no idea the true depth of feelings. Like half a lifetime of an elephant standing on one's chest. It sucks. I only feel bad for Kusanagi, having her past dredged up over and over by an imp of a girl.

shadesofgreymoon
Image Comments 21 Feb 01:19
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016
69hhe0e

Dannnnnng, You took her to heaven with what amounts to pretty much just a side-hug. Talk about skills.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Pfffft hahaha, now we know why her gym clothes were actually all crumpled up in her bag, too...

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

"Queer feeling" indeed...

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

What a lame ending.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

The way I interpreted it was one shared bedroom, one room for Yuna to use as her office since she works from home and would need her own space for that (which her current bedroom provides since it's not shared), and one other bedroom for use as a guest room. As for why in the kitchen, perhaps it's because Yuna is an airhead and trying to picture having the guest bed/space still squeezed into a 2 bedroom like where they're living now..

last edited at Feb 5, 2019 10:47AM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

So... can anyone explain to me what the deal is with "homuhomu" aside from it obviously being some sort of onomatopoeia from Homura's name? I see it all the time but.... like... is Homura supposed to be a Pokemon or something?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

You could totally search for it on the internet lol...

Lol that's what always gets me when I see scenarios written with the "I dunno how to do the thing" thing. I know all y'all got smartphones and the internet, use your dang Google-fu!

last edited at Feb 3, 2019 8:02PM

shadesofgreymoon
Scarlet discussion 30 Jan 23:31
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

What kind of parents name their daughter Misery Horror???

I wondered that too, haha. Perhaps the Japanese spelling of her name wasn't meant to be translated literally? Unless her name was spelled with katakana instead of kanji, in which case her parents were real jerks. lol

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Heck yeah Spaghetti-chan! YOU KISS DE GIRL

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Like a lot of folks have said, just cuz the original one-shot had a Bad End doesn't mean that this one will. Or hey, maybe this one will end up expanding beyond the original Bad End and they end up together after time apart and time to grow? Hell, even if this is just done in order to flesh out the one-shot, I'm cool with it. As much as I love a happy ending, life doesn't work out like that all the time, so I'm okay with a dose of reality from time to time.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'm looking forward to the mutual "Haaaaaaah?!" and finger pointing when pet delinquent/fearless imouto and pet OL-nee/mama delinquent finally cross paths.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I approve of Fearless Imouto. Or would that be Fearsome Imouto? Why not both? I approve of Fearsome/less Imouto.

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Into the boiling water you go, Spaghetti-chan!

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Yannow it does actually happen like this sometimes. I mean, discovering you're actually into girls by virtue of something unexpected, not wandering accidentally into a lesbian mixer.

...Though, dammit, why arent lesbian mixers a thing where I live? How unfair.

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Let's be honest, anyone who wouldn't do the gay for pay thing with a bank account like that is just lying to themselves.

Lesbi-honest

FTFY

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

so we don't have the confession scene or sth like that? no confrim as a couple?

Well, I mean, it does look like they're living together as adults. I took that to mean that they're together as a couple.

shadesofgreymoon
Earth Girls discussion 31 Dec 04:17
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Thank God, Juna finally grew up a little and instead of acting like a spoiled brat she accepted "defeat". Note that I did say "a little", cuz it's still pretty immature to say "welp I don't get to have you as my partner but can we totally have Farewell Sex?"

Bonus lulz at the idea Juna had zero idea about French kissing or oral, after living in a women-only village for months and months, where it seems no one has any shame NOR are they particularly strict about privacy when it comes down to sexytimes. In fact if memory serves its almost a rule that everyone peeks and gets peeked at.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

It was a sloppy storyline but I kinda liked it. I felt weird about Ayaka and Chitose ending up together, since Chitose seemed to get over Touka's death pretty fast, and doesn't seem to have held any sort of grudge for being lied to in such a heinous manner. But, whatever. Both of them choosing to let that one precious book find a new owner to make new memories, instead of one or the other of them keeping it and always having Touka's bittersweet memories rise up, was kinda sweet.

shadesofgreymoon
Earth Girls discussion 25 Dec 00:53
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

There are people who exist that just have "something" about them. Be it general charisma, an aura of charm, whatever. I think Katra is one of those. She's "useless" but she's charming, unassuming, generally kind and caring, never judgmental, and also apparently very good at listening and just being there for someone when they need it. I can understand why others would be drawn to her, and the fact that she's also completely blind to her own situation, oblivious of the conflict she's been brewing, makes all the drama make sense to me, ESPECIALLY when she's been around Kidaha and polyamory for so long that hooking up with more than one person is a natural thing for her to do.

shadesofgreymoon
Earth Girls discussion 24 Dec 21:34
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Alright it got translated, I already saw the raw chapters of this part of the series so I know how it ends.

As have I, but my understanding of written Japanese is at best rudimentary. It's a completely different journey to the destination for me now :)

shadesofgreymoon
Their Story discussion 22 Dec 00:44
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

DO EEEEEET

channels inner Sebastian

KISS DE GIRL!

shadesofgreymoon
High Fight! discussion 20 Dec 22:51
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Nani the fuck