Forum › Posts by Phil

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Glad I read this. Thanks for bumping and bringing it to my attention. :)

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I welcome this kind of yuri afterlife.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

There seems to be a side-story around:

Suwako-san to Date (スワコさんとデート) - bonus

Phil
Kiss discussion 12 Jan 15:08
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

"Why can't I even have a proper dream sequence without senpai in it?" <-- That line killed me.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I can't say I didn't care for the story as I read all of it in one go and couldn't stop, but if I had to describe it, it was a grudge read. I only wanted to see how it ends. All of the male characters do not only have a flaw (flaws are what give us an actual plot), but I found them to be insufferable dolts bordering on being terrible human beings, which repulsed me.

Itta meets the girl he bullied years ago and expects her to jump for joy when he confesses his love for her, after continuing directly where he left off years ago by calling her names. If that is not wilful, he is years behind in his mental development. It is not until the sixth volume that he considers her feelings and background. He subjects her to this demeaning dating thing, expects her to 'come around eventually' (having no grounds to assume she would) and forces a kiss on her fully knowing she isn't attracted to males. Oh, and he stops her from going to look for Riri in the haunted house, which backfires terribly later on together with him not clarifying that the kiss wasn't consensual. I expected Fuuka to either stop the whole thing when it got too personal and retreat or get into a really, really bad fight (read: threaten on a personal level and then hurt) with Ikka, because that is what happens when people are pushed.

Actually, I have no clue why Ikka later decides to help them as he never seemed to frigging care. Then he says he has to leave for good and is suddenly back for good and presented as a guardian figure for the two.

And that strange sempai, who doesn't respect personal space and boundaries and finds it the logical thing to do when he gets rejected to out a gay couple. What a swell guy. I expected Fuuka to hit him with a chair and not apologize to that failure of a human being.

But maybe it's just me.

Phil
Hypothermia discussion 10 Jan 19:51
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

that was cute. kinda curious what exploded. was it in the boiler/engine room, on the main deck, or did her central command have a melt down??? LOL

Judging from the anatomically impossible positioning of her legs when she falls, it was a direct hit midship. :(

Phil
P=NP? discussion 10 Jan 16:04
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

The art is wonderful. You just don't get that crisp and expressive style that often anymore. Story is well-delivered for the constraints of the theme and length.

last edited at Jan 10, 2015 4:04PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Well, sucks to get your time back just to be back next to the body of your loved one, who you killed and who is still dead.

I felt this story has a bit of a slow start that could have done with a bit more exposition, but the revealing of the background as the story progressed was also good. You couldn't have both. Definitely picks up in the later chapters and has some darker aspects you don't find in a lot of stories.

Phil
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Hey, the classic underground comic The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers (featuring Fat Freddy's cat) had an ELEVEN YEAR gap at one point, but still claimed to be keeping to a regular schedule. I can handle a mere three.

Gilbert Shelton works in mysterious ways.

A great KonataxKagamin doujin. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to listen to 100% nai nai nai.

Phil
Free Soul discussion 09 Jan 08:28
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

A real masterpiece: good writing, storytelling, arrangements of panels and believable characters. Don't be deterred by its length, you'll be wishing it had a few more pages once you're reaching the end.

The main theme seems to be acceptance, of ourselves, the circumstances we live in, our struggles to change them and whether or not we can accept other people with their baggage and what that made them do to us.

I wasn't expecting to be treated to a happy ending, but I was really surprised that they could make amends, Niki emancipating herself from her longing for her father's love and Keito being able to accept her even after what the thought was their last goodbye and the incest revelation. How many people would have rejected Niki for that? I like that kind of existential narration

Phil
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

At least that is who sensei was homing in on before Suzu-chan pushed her down.

Phil
Mannequin discussion 06 Jan 18:33
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

The moment I read the title, Jefferson Starship's "Nothing's gonna stop us now" started playing in my head.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

A nice read. Not what I what expecting at all, but I still liked it. Guess it was a nice change from the usual.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

The mom is awesome, too... and quite a hottie!

Phil
Image Comments 04 Jan 19:47
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014
Thetruth_zpse4c3cf1a

Curiosity almost killed the cat.

Phil
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

And Anju was revealed to have a happy end with her teacher lover.

Now that I reread it, I think that Anju got jealous when her friend confessed she had fallen in love with someone (which could only be Shishi-sensei) and that it was probably then and there that she decided against turning her to keep Shishi to herself (if she ever really had meant to go through with it in the first place). I didn't pick up on that the first time. That's actually really sweet.

Phil
Encore!!! discussion 04 Jan 07:11
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

"You have your finger inside me, yet it's like I'm to one violating you"

That's the most romantic thing I read in a while.

Phil
Image Comments 03 Jan 16:52
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014
C64bb60e35def98fcfbd3a6d44074251

Just mellowed out concerning pairings over the years, I guess? You can still burn for your OTPs, but the general laidbackness is a wonderful feeling.

Phil
[No Title] discussion 03 Jan 16:02
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

But Parsee, that was exactly what you meant!

Phil
Nico Leak discussion 03 Jan 15:27
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Could this open the floodgates for more leek stuff?

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Wow, this was unexpectedly good. There should be more of this non-moe and adult-life stuff. It kind of reminds me of http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/instinct_and_a_chromosome

Although I really can't understand all that marrying-to-not-have-a-feeling-of-missing-out/to meet expectations jazz. I literally am unable to take that perspective. Is something wrong with my mirror neurons?

Phil
yuricycle 03 Jan 13:11
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I really like your way of thinking.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Didn't think that actually was a thing either. I would be more worried about the implications of a probably very different (and narrow) demographic of the students than about it no longer being co-ed.

Phil
Nico Leak discussion 03 Jan 12:23
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

There are no leeks. That's why there is no food tag.

Phil
Image Comments 03 Jan 12:20
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014
081005ba0fe7d37289c172ad91133c7a

That's one of its selling points (the other one being BuCap)!