Forum › Posts by White Rose

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Mm yeah. Rika's a good girl. People should stop hatin' on her.

You almost make it sound like a great person, when the only good thing that we can agree is that she doesn't care if they're lesbian and in fact she is TRYING to be supportive...

Y'know, that's quite a lot already. Just sayin'.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Bizarre with this manga that like, half the comments are about the ending, when the manga hasn't even shown any signs of ending yet...

It's sweet and cute tho, and unlike a lot of yuri series the themes and progression aren't tied to any OTP - they're about the individuals themselves, both of whom have been surprisingly fleshed out.

This manga is cute and adorable and the MCs are totally lovable and realistic and easy to identify with. Also, the art is superb and has a solidity that you don't see often in yuri manga. (Quiz: how many different pairs of earrings Miwa owns?)

I don't know why some people keep debating about the ending and whether it will be good or bad for the main couple. "Will this story end just like in the oneshot, or will it be different this time?" Afaiac it has zero importance. But, then again, I suspect tmfly knows that there are readers who anxiously wonder about that and is intentionally playing with their edginess and rising all sorts of flags to create suspense. >:)

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I mean... blue is the warmest color sooo

I’m dead( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Man, I am SO happy I’m able to be in the few to be on the inside of this joke.

If you mean the French movie, I'm more or less certain most people here must have watched it - or at least they know about it. It was pretty popular.

Really? I didn’t the view count was that high...

In France it was a huge box-office success. In the rest of the world, I'm guessing not so much - but it did receive critical acclaim everywhere, and was popular with all communities interested in LGBT issues.

(Like us yuri fans, you see? That's why I said that here most people must know about this movie.)

Also, I skipped the movie and just read the graphic novel.

Imho the movie is better than the book.

I remember the author of the gn complained a lot about the adaptation, claiming that the director of the film had changed too much stuff. She was right in that there are big differences between film and book, but imo those changes are for the better. The gn is full of bad clichés about lesbian life and the main couple, after lotsa pain and suffering, meets a tragic end. In the movie, everything is much brighter: they have a torrid love affair, they enjoy it a lot, and, even though they eventually break up, they part on amicable terms and go on with their lives; one assumes that, in time, they will find new partners and have a happy future.

I prefer stories that don't depict lesbian life in a negative light, so I liked the movie better. Ymmv of course.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

IN YOUR FACE, TRUCK-KUN! IN--YOUR--FACE!!! ╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I mean... blue is the warmest color sooo

I’m dead( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Man, I am SO happy I’m able to be in the few to be on the inside of this joke.

If you mean the French movie, I'm more or less certain most people here must have watched it - or at least they know about it. It was pretty popular.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

She's just trying to help Miwa, y'know? She's hetero with a passion, she has loads of male lovers, but she's perfectly fine with her schoolmates being lesbians -- and, even more, she tries to be supportive of their relationship and wants to help Miwa by giving her advice. She really doesn't deserve all the heat she's getting.

Mm yeah. Rika's a good girl. People should stop hatin' on her.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I saw the ending as the friend kissing her and claiming it was just pretend to tease her, despite it actually being gay.

Also wow gorgeous art.

I agree. The art is beautiful and the story has me tickled pink.

I also want to congratulate the scanlators for an astounding work. Every single sound effect is lovingly translated, in every panel! Wow! You don't see this so often...

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Oi, Ponytail-chan... don't get bribed into a romantic relationship with pancakes...

It's good that the other girl managed to marry her in the end; otherwise, Ponytail-chan would have ended up marrying some random guy just because he gave her yummy candy.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Right when Tadokoro is running away because she is too shy to confess, Truck-kun appears... and we all know that those hit by Truck-kun end up being transported to some fantastic parallel world.

It's amusing because that's exactly the plot of "Leda: The Fantastic Adventure of Yoko" (or "Genmu Senki Leda"). Do you remember?

Leda was the first shoujo-genre direct-to-video anime film ever. The story is like this: Yoko, the MC, wants to confess her love to some hunky guy, but, even though she tries her best to fortify her resolve, in the end shyness overwhelms her and she is unable to talk to him. Then, while she is moping about her failure, bam: she is transported to Ashanti, a fantastic alternate world where she becomes the holy warrior who, according to prophecy, must single-handedly defeat the evil wizard lord who plans to bring ruin and calamity to both Ashanti and our world. So she pretty much spends the whole movie in a battle bikini, wielding a huge sword and fighting monsters and mechas and all sorts of baddies; and, eventually, after she beats the wizard in a climactic final duel, she manages to return to Japan, and finds that - get braced for this! - her experiences in Ashanti have made her a little bit stronger and she finally, finally has the courage to confess her love to the one she likes!

It absolutely hilarious, when you think about it, that this movie is based on the premise that it takes a whole isekai adventure, a great epic saga full of battles and action and whatnot, to give a pure-hearted young maiden the mental fortitude necessary to speak to her crush.

I totally love the Leda movie to bits... but let's hope this story will not take that path. I don't want Tadokoro to go through a 200-chapter adventure in a parallel universe before being able to confess.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I remember, in the movie "Working Girls" by Lizzie Borden, the MC was a lesbian in a committed relationship with another woman. She and her wife lived together and were very happy, they were even raising a child. Everything looked okay with her life. Her job, however, was working as a straight prostitute in a cozy middle-class brothel.

Please tell me more! I've been searching everywhere, but yet to find a complete summary. What was Molly (the MC)'s life at the end of the movie? I hope she changed career, as it is stated somewhere in the reviews that the job was illegal.

It's a really great movie. It's not a hysterical pamphlet against prostitution, it's a serious and realistic movie. It's completely different from the bullshit and the drivel that normally fills every American movie that tackles this subject.

Prostitution is a job; and the working conditions, just like with any other job, are relative to the social and economic milieu. What does that mean? Well, if we look at a horribly pauperized ghetto where life is hellish and people are ignorant and violent and women are constantly beaten and abused and treated as cattle, of course we will find prostitutes who are also pimped and abused and treated as cattle. On the other hand, if we look at a middle-class neighborhood where most people are well-educated and familiar with feminist ideas and have good jobs and a nice standard of living, of course we will find prostitutes who are in control of their own lives and are treated with the respect they deserve.

That's the life of Molly and Diane and Liz and the other "working girls" in the movie. They are prostitutes at a small, nice, cozy brothel in Manhattan. Why did they choose that job? Because it's a very good job: the money is sweet and the hours are more or less what they make them. A simple reason. All those girls in Japan who engage in casual prostitution (many of them girls in school) to pay for concert tickets or Ferragamo bags or whatever would easily relate to the characters in Working Girls and their reasons. Obviously, Misaki is in the same boat: her job as a lesbian call girl is not very different from Molly's job (except she does home delivery).

If this movie has a beef with something, it's not with prostitution: it's with capitalism. Because, in point of fact, these women are employees at the brothel, and, in the end, the Madam who runs the brothel, the boss of the girls, is the one who keeps most of the money they make. As I said before, it's a job, and it runs like any other job: your boss gets rich on your sweat, and you, even if the pay is good, you are just an exploited worker. That's capitalism for you. That's what Molly has realized a long time ago (she mentions two or three times during the movie that it's obscene that the Madam takes such a big cut and makes such a big profit), and that's what brings her to her pivotal decision at the end of the movie.

Spoilers follow now:

Sometimes, a john asks Molly to meet him out of the brothel - at his place, or at a hotel - but Molly always refuses because the brothel is a safer environment. (That "illegal" thing you mentioned? It seems that, at the time, there was some kind of idiotic law in NY that gave the police the power to arrest hookers on the street or at hotels. But the brothel being a private place, the coppers can't do anything about it.) There's one guy, however, one of Molly's regulars, who makes her a much better offer. He's a fifty-something Jewish businessman whose company is doing really well, he's totally raking in the cash, and he wants to make a direct deal to hire Molly. The idea is, he would rent a small apartment somewhere, and Molly would be "on call" to meet him there any time he wants; and he would pay her much more than she makes working at the brothel. Molly hesitates, so he gives her his phone number and tells her to think about it and call him later.

As it happens, that day, the Madam pressures Molly into doing several hours of extra time. It's harrowing, and infuriating, and it makes Molly realize she has had enough of being an exploited worker. So she hands in her letter of resignation, metaphorically speaking, and leaves the brothel never to return. (The Madam is livid with rage, lol!) The movie doesn't show us what happens after that, but it is strongly implied that Molly will accept the Jewish guy's offer, thus becoming a self-employed prostitute: a freelancer with no boss, who sells her services and keeps all the green she makes for herself.

And btw, yeah, Molly is a lesbian in a committed relationship: she has a wife, she has a kid, and she works hard to support her household with the money she earns. That's how it is at the beginning of the movie and that's how it is at the end; her family life doesn't change.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Y'know when I saw the title "Chapter 3-5" I was expecting 12 pages

Same here. I felt like Nike unsheathing the Gakkari sword!

(I wonder how many here get that one, lolol. Most likely no one.)

That 1 page is as much as a chapter as Misaki being straight

Misaki? Who?

Ah, right, Spaghetti-chan!

White Rose
Image Comments 10 Jan 23:02
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018
46390610_p3

Oh no, someone stop her from taking pictures! It's going to be the Edison Chen photo scandal all over again!

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

...If she thinks she's straight, why did she sign up to be a lesbian call girl?

Well, to play Devil's Advocate, the opposite is not unheard of.
I remember, in the movie "Working Girls" by Lizzie Borden, the MC was a lesbian in a committed relationship with another woman. She and her wife lived together and were very happy, they were even raising a child. Everything looked okay with her life. Her job, however, was working as a straight prostitute in a cozy middle-class brothel. So perhaps the other way around is not that far-fetched?

No, but, honestly, I think the real answer is probably that she thought that being a lesbian call girl is more decent than being a straight call girl. After all, gee, dicks are not involved!

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

That's one of the red threads with those two really. Mari'd no doubt be happy to sub all week, but she's well familiar with Yuu's assorted insecurities and resulting dishonesty of expression and knows she needs to occasionally gently force the issue to get things moving. Case in point, how she patiently prodded Yuu to start socializing with the Mahimahi.

Oh yes I remember, lol. She got punished so much for that! Poor girl!
No, waitaminute, is "poor girl" really the thing to say here?

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Every girl in the world needs a cool, strong, tanned, masochist slave like Mari. That's a fact.

Pretty sure some prefer a princess...

Yuu's all punishment no praise style doesn't really work for me.

Hm, yeah. I have often thought that Yuu is doing it wrong. The way their relationship is portrayed, Mari's humiliation/punishment seems to work like foreplay to them. So some kind of reward should follow!

Well, Mari seems more than happy with their dynamic and for many subs the humiliation/punishment is the whole point of the exercise and they don't actually want or need a reward because punishment is its own reward.

I see nobody disputes the "tanned" part. Excellent.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Every girl in the world needs a cool, strong, tanned, masochist slave like Mari. That's a fact.

White Rose
Image Comments 10 Jan 09:47
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018
Turn_the_tables___commission_by_yuri_murasaki_dclbugi

As a fan of FE, I say: very nice!

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Time to reread this entire series.

Count me in.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Did she realize Sui is a girl? I suspect she only heard that "a person was coming to help" and then, when she saw Sui, she assumed it was a boy.

Also, how does an e-cig work? Does it bother the people who are around in some way? Like, it produces actual smoke or something?

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Oh, come on. people... IT'S ALL FAKE!

Next chapter, it will be revealed they were filming a Gillette commercial.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Y'know...

Yuri Fairy got one stamp in chapter 1.
She got two stamps in chapter 2.
She got three stamps in chapter 3.

She had seven stamps on her card at the beginning. Now she's got 13. She needs 12 more to fill the card. By my math, she should be done in three chapters... and then, we will finally learn what awesome (snort) power the yuri card does hold!

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

meh, this author again

what about him?

Some people got badly burned by Idol Pretender, and are still mad at the author...

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Nurse doesn't have a name, right?

Okay, I'll make one for her. Nurse, I dub thee Mankoburokku-sensei!

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

This manga makes me feel like my corrupt otaku soul has been healed.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I kind of understand why the MC is distressed, tho. Waking up one morning in a world where reality has magically changed into something completely different has to be slightly alarming... even if the new reality is yuri paradise, heh. Marika's reaction of shock and disbelief is, to use her favorite word, very normal.

Also, there's the matter of the vanished male population that has to be addressed. For all we know, it's perfectly possible that Marika had a father she loved. Maybe she also had an older brother, or a younger brother, or friends among her male classmates. There's no way she wouldn't be worried about them. I'm guessing that, in the coming chapters, we'll get a proper explanation. My bet is this: we'll find that, in this new reality, everyone who used to exist as a male will turn out to have always existed as a female. Thus, all of Marika's formerly male relatives and friends are still there -- only they never were boys: they have always been girls since the day they were born. This will save us a lot of angst, as it is infinitely better to find that your father has turned into a beautiful woman than to find he has been erased from existence.

Marika should've taken a better look at her classmates.
Are half of them missing? Or are half of them new faces?
Knowing that would've gone a long way into solving the mystery.