Forum › Posts by Phil

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Ruki really got it bad:

Work your ass off to get your driver's license and go to the beach with Sachi? Not gonna happen. You're going to the beach with the person with who your gf cheated on you.

Put in your girlfriend's house as destination in your satnav to be able to pick her up? No, when the time comes, you're going to select it because you need to confront her because of the cheating.

Especially after the very courageous and touching confession in the restaurant, which made me like Ruki a lot and her resolution not to tie Sachi down, although the way she went about that was very ill-advised. She really loved her but everything went to shit.

I can at least understand where a lot of people who aren't happy with this chapter are coming from. I have no problem that Ruki didn't tear into Remi. Why bother with something you can't change and that is not your goal? Remi doesn't matter to her, her goal is to salvage her relationship with Sachi or at least gain clarity about their relationship. I felt that was rather level-headed of her. Focus on the things you can change and move into the direction of you goal. Remi isn't the key, Sachi is. The one thing I can't really comprehend is the time skip of a whole month, which I felt to be sprung on me and wasn't really indicated and leads to this two-point criticism:

Construction of the plot: I have no idea how Ruki and Sachi apparently didn't really see each other for a whole month and it seems they didn't even text much. I have no idea how that makes sense because they were bound to run each other at least at university. The two couldn't just happen to not meet each other. Even if Sachi avoided Ruki, not even Ruki would have thought nothing of it. If you don't interact with your partner, you don't have a relationship.

Character actions: How does Sachi cheat on Ruki for a whole month without not feeling any pang of remorse and how does she conclude it's okay because "people are bad". I think it destroys Sachi's character, who was shown to be able to care about others. Why does nobody notice, especially Remi's gang which thought about whether or not it could do harm if Remi got close to Sachi? Asuna very early told Ruki to tell her if Remi acts strangely. That's a bit much. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief but it's still a bit over the top. I think we can consider what Remi said to be true. She is very proud of herself that she managed to sleep with Sachi and wants others to know. She wouldn't exaggerate.

AHHHH. I just looked at the books Meru dropped. She is totally aiming to become Maasa's secretary. Calling it now. OTP headcanon confirmed.

That was the only heart-warming part of the whole chapter, Meru studying to be useful to Maasa. <3

last edited at Feb 5, 2015 11:49AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Looking forward to the next chapter.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

^ Hey, typos happen. I'm pretty sure he/she knows her name is Nico.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Am I the only one disappointed this didn't actually have any watersports in it?

I'm not alone right?

Right?

I'm a bit disappointed but the fact that it was Nico's turn this time round more than makes up for it.

Phil
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I liked the unusual setting. Made for a nice change.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Oh, thank you! Will read immediately! <o

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Good bait catches fine ship girls. Kaga was pretty cool in this one!

I can't find a single thing I didn't like. Fav'd!

e: somehow this reminded me of that letter-eating doujin and then I find this on the artist's pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=48352519

last edited at Feb 1, 2015 2:44PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Those two (and Strike Witches in general) will always have a special place in my heart. Reading everything now from this author with Lili Marleen from the SW OST playing.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Maybe I'm a bit thick, but does it mean that her wish is about to get fulfilled when her eraser is used up or that it won't?

fakeedit: Okay, http://www.shejapan.com/jtyeholder/jtye/living/ms/msjtye3.html gave me the answer. I need to read up on my Japanese superstition.

Phil
Image Comments 31 Jan 15:21
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014
Rinpana_zps13c13db6_1

^That's the weirdest part.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Hello, just dropping by to say I've ... err, dropped my translation of this manga. If no one picks it up within, like, a year, (although honestly, no-one is likely to) I might, maybe, come back to it, but otherwise - sayonara~

Thank you for the time and effort you put into it!

Phil
Sound discussion 30 Jan 06:00
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

^ I didn't get it until you pointed it out. Thank you.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

^ Yes, especially Burning Arisa.

e: I could have sworn there was more translated from Harvest Moon.

last edited at Jan 28, 2015 12:20PM

Phil
Collectors discussion 27 Jan 19:32
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

"You might think me a tyrant if you tried to leave." Oh ho!

And now I'm dying to know why she didn't reply.

Phil
Stretch discussion 27 Jan 14:44
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

The question wasn't directed at me, but I'd say like milk and honey.

Phil
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Great fluff.

I have no idea why Anzu says that they meant different things when they say "I like you". Where did that come from?

Phil
Need Help! 26 Jan 10:30
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Yes, I think someone said so in one of the threads.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

"The theme is snow and YuuPa". And so it was.

Too bad the short stories are never translated in Atoki's doujins. I would love to know what they are about.

Phil
Love Me! discussion 25 Jan 13:09
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

So, when Takemiya Jin says she drew a gag manga it actually is a gag manga. That was a nice change.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

That pairing is all about raw lust, not love. ;_;

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Thank you.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

^ Last year I realized this: I don't know what I've said until you tell me what you've heard. My mind was truly blown for a while. The part to keep in mind is that people will act on what they heard and not what you said.

Phil
Image Comments 24 Jan 15:45
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Said fanbook is about Mami's bleak adult life as a 30-year old. It's almost as scarring as that infamous K-On three parter.

Phil
Image Comments 24 Jan 13:31
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014
47786403_p0

Oh god, how could I not see that? You're so right!

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

The art style is great and makes it worth reading. Might remind you of Then Break Through The Night. Otherwise it's a solid story of how Remilia and Sakuya met.