Forum › Posts by blopa

blopa
Lemonade discussion 08 Jun 23:31
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

23 will be the last chapter or will it continue? I'd like to see some non-Keita related development, for a change.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Lol @ "Hong kong project" I would definitely play that.
Considering that even the characters are all the same but with a few changes in the names, you already can.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Manga is on infinite hiatus anyway. Stupid MC idea. Wannabe edgy. Stupid plot. Nice try to kill the Nanoha franchise.

I actually think this and all the other manga series were quite sucessful in killing the Franchise. It has been on a decline since Strikers, but this was just too much.

In Force they tried to copy what they did in A's, portraying the Wolkenritter as noble enemies who were just victims of the circumstances, but it just backfired. The Huckebein family is little more than a bunch of overpowered assassins trying to act cute/cool while having way to many pages dedicated to them. I think that even Thoma, who is supposed to be the main character of this almost Nanoha-less aberration, has had less pages than the Huckebein.

last edited at Jun 1, 2014 2:55PM

blopa
Okirakugaki discussion 01 Jun 14:01
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

what do you think of this bokurano ?
i didn't know it, and looking for it on baka-updates, i read some entusiastic comment,
i didn't understand if it's more seinen or shonen,
not that it's a problem either, recently i marathoned some shonen like magician and tower or god and i liked them anyway

When Japan makes a Seinen story involving children, there is 99% chance one of them has a story of sexual abuse. I don't really want to see that, even in a cartoon, so it's always best to just skip manga or anime involving this scenario.

blopa
Lemonade discussion 28 May 06:26
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I actually made an account just to comment on this specific manga because I've been enjoying it a lot. It may be because of some personal experiences I had, but here's an anecdote for you...

When I was in high school, I played on the girls tennis team and used to be the manager of the boys tennis team. There was this one upperclassman who I didn't really like and found him to be overly hyper/annoying in my Spanish class. He was also on the tennis team and once forgot my name, calling me "Naomi" instead. Then he got all the other boys to call me that (many of them seriously thought it was my real name) and it annoyed the hell out of me. We also had assigned seats in Spanish class and had to sit next to each other for a good portion of the year.

Lemonade really reminds me a lot of him. I really, really didn't like him at the time, but when I look back, he was very nice, eager, and attractive young man. I never noticed it, but he always supported his teammates and took tennis very seriously. I feel bad now that I didn't recognize his positive qualities, but at least our little feud turned into a friendly rivalry by the time he graduate. A friend once said that boys pick on girls that they like and maybe that was what was happening (it wasn't, trust me). My petty fighting with him is actually one of my fond high school memories.

Because we see Keita through Youko's eyes, we don't really get to see why people like him so much (his charisma, energy, etc.). And I think Youko does a great job of characterizing adolescent insecurities as well as struggling with one's sexuality. Even though the pace is slow for some, I'm enjoying how it quietly showcases Youko's understanding of the world around her and of herself. Sure, there will eventually be yuri, but I love this manga because it's really a coming of age story that feels close to home for me.

As for this latest chapter, Keita was trying to say that he's no longer calling her Imoko because she's his old love's little sister. Instead, he calls her Imoko because that's his cherished nickname for her. It was like how that boy I knew called me Naomi to piss me off at first, but then it just became who he knew me as.

This is a very long comment, but I felt like offering a different perspective on Lemonade, aside from the for explicit yuri. I look forward to every chapter and I'm grateful to the people who work hard to put this up here for all of us to read.

But, did your entire high school life revolve about what that guy liked and disliked? About what he called you? about who was it that he loved? Did your entire personality revolve around your friendliness or animosity towards this guy? because this is pretty much what happens with Lemonade. Even when Youko is having a revelation about her feeling towards Maki, we still have this guy's shadow floating around. We just can't get a break from this guy, and is making everyone irritated. He has way too much presence in the entire story.

last edited at May 28, 2014 6:29AM

blopa
Lemonade discussion 27 May 20:54
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Well... this felt pretty irrelevant.

So he makes a big production out of how he doesn't call her Imoko any more, then the moment someone else walks in he calls her Imoko.

Exactly the same as in the beginning where he made her cry and "apologized" - promised not call her Imoko anymore but promptly continues to do so. Classic.

But I have to say it is a fascinating series - after each and every chapter I find myself wondering if I maybe have masochistic tendencies. I just can't keep my hands off whenever a new one is released. It's like watching a severe car accident - not being able to look away.

LOL I also wonder why the hell I am still reading this..

sorry translators and editors and everyone that is working so hard to make this manga available but WHAT THE HELL... THIS IS FRUSTRATING !!!

Having seen the raws up to chapter 23 I have such an evil grin on my face reading this.

Chapter 23 better have THE plot after 21 chapters of very passive angst.

blopa
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Good chapter. For a second there I thought Wakatsuki acted in a pretty mature way, as she did have a point in being afraid that the future relationship she wanted with Yuuko might not have been what Yuuko really desires, even considering Yuuko's confession, it is still not certain if both desire the same kind of relationship. Then she had to ruin it by thinking she didn't confess in order not to tarnish her last memories of the cooking club...
I still think the development of her feelings feels rushed, but it does make sense that Yuuko was the one confessing as it is easier to do so if you already know the other is a lesbian. (though I believe this is the very first chapter Wakatsuki actually showed concerned over this).

PD: Does anyone actually think the next chapter will start with Wakatsuki telling Yuuko "I love you!" right off the bat? Me neither.

PD2: Funny enough, i had to dig around the first chapters to learn the President's name is Yuuko Horikawa (felt weird to keep calling her President). And Wakatsuki's first name is Chihiro... crazy how i could completely forget their names.

last edited at May 27, 2014 12:14AM

blopa
Image Comments 19 May 21:37
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
D7b6c98c850ed2ab08ef164d18ce1da0

By far one of my favourites.

blopa
Lemonade discussion 19 May 21:22
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Well... it's something.

I sometimes wonder if this manga would be better received if it had been released altogether instead of randomly chapter by chapter

but all well what are there, 22 chapters? guess we're entering the home stretch now.

That, and the fact that it coming after Girl Friends. It was a cool story and all, but I have to admit it got really annoying some times with it's missunderstandings for the sake of extending the series. The end of each Lemonade chapter always have me thinking "oh God, not again!"

last edited at May 19, 2014 9:30PM

blopa
Stretch discussion 15 May 21:24
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Oh my God! I can't believe that the plot is actually moving forward!

blopa
Salomelic discussion 13 May 23:24
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Actually I wonder if the magic does actually leave when you grow older. Mom isn't exactly the most reliable information source.

That and she's almost criminally bad at parenting. No wonder Salome's so bad at coping with people, not that her tendency to overthink things helps much.

I swear to god if this goes the "you never had magic to begin with" route i am gonna be pissed

Well, She IS making chocolate appear out of thin air, so at the very least the magic was real. Now to figure out if she still has it or not. Following the cliches, probably they lose their magic if they fall in love, as Salome could no longer perform it after realizing her feelings for Hikari and her mother is constantly seeking company...

This feels so random...
- Boyfriend pops in
- Breakup with boyfriend moments later
- Mom getting married
- Mom dumps dude
- No more magic
- Moving away

The boyfriend popping up and immediately getting shelved actually makes sense if we assume Hikari is a lesbian and has been before the start of the story. If that is correct, then the guy would have served the same purpose to Hikari as Mari's "boyfriend" in Girl Friends. Mom's situation is not surprising, as it's like described in the first chapter.

last edited at May 13, 2014 11:35PM

blopa
Image Comments 11 May 21:01
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Like a Boss!

I love that Mana X Everyone tag. The pics with it in this and other sites almost made me watch PreCure.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

When you come, make sure you say "Tiro Finale!", all right?

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

That was awesome. I'm a bit puzzled where the little girl came from, but it isn't really that important a question.

There is a prior doujin made by this author called "The Flower that follows the Sun", which explains that, as well as provides more Mini Yuuka shenanigans in full color. The actual question is not where she comes from but rather why is she still alive.

last edited at Apr 30, 2014 12:41AM

blopa
Nickelodeon discussion 28 Apr 20:08
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Stalking yaoi fangirl, lol. Funny, and I feel relieved it ended in a funny way, considering Taki ...

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I can identify with Akina at this point. I'm really tired of all this otaku jokes, but I want yuri to happen so I keep coming back to read the next chapter... It's kind of becoming a chore at this point.
I know that it's because Akina barely says any of her preferences due to being madly in love with Kaede, but the fact they keep pulling her around while doing nothing of the things she enjoys (or used to enjoy before Precure) is infuriating.

last edited at Apr 27, 2014 10:38PM

blopa
Stretch discussion 24 Apr 21:39
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

People, forget the yuri at this point. Let's talk about plot: How many more chapters do you think there will be before there is progress on the story?

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

And there was I thinking Dowman Sayman was the weirdest thin in this site... Oh boy, how wrong I was!

blopa
CLiP discussion 21 Apr 23:05
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Oh, Miku managed to break Luka's tsun act at the very end. Good job!

blopa
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

It feels a bit off... I know that there was a kiss last chapter and everything, but the way we get to know the President actually likes Wakatsuki feels a bit off, almost rushed (which is a ridiculous thought considering how slow things are). Maybe I got used to Morinaga's prior works: Both in "Even if we're not friends" and in "Girl Friends", we had Hitomi and Mari who we know from early on have a crush on their best friends, and Nana and Akko who first reject them due to shock; but as they think it over thoroughly, they realize they made a great mistake they wish to ammend. Here, an simple internal monologue on the corner of the page just let us know the feeling is mutual, even though none of them knows it yet...

Nooooooooo!!!!
The confession wasn't direct enough!!!
She won't understand and we'll have more beating around the bush!!!

Exactly. It's extremely frustrating.
Morinagaaaaaaa ! ! ! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

I love you guys.

last edited at Apr 21, 2014 12:05AM

blopa
Told Me discussion 30 Mar 11:21
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/told_me#16

"I forgot to take off my nails before getting all over you"

This was actually the thing that bothered me the most in the prior one-shot. Her nails just didn't fit with her character. Should have figured they were fake.

last edited at Mar 30, 2014 11:22AM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

This felt like a cliche of cliche of a cliche from the very beggining. Then a little of WTF near the end that made me look at the tags to see if supernatural was listed, but it wasn't, so back to cliches...

blopa
Saki discussion 09 Mar 22:34
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Thank to Hakka-ya making me the HisaxMihoko fan that I am now, that single image made my day.

blopa
Nickelodeon discussion 09 Feb 20:01
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

In Dowman Saiman's mind, a cyclops is a collector (Oddman 4)

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I just started reading this manga, and i love the premise: "Just how far will you go after falling in love at first sight?"