Forum › Posts by White Rose

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Vol.6 ends with ch.54.
55+ is web magazine (unfortunately not free...).
https://comic-boost.com/series/68

Aah ok. I had read somewhere that the latest book went up to 56. Obviously someone had been wrongly infoed about that.

So it's only a few shots left before we catch up... and after that, we'll have to deal with withdrawal... ^^;;;

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Quick question: how many chapters until the English translation catches up to the original Japanese releases?

Unfortunately, not that much. Chapter 56 is the most recent

Is that book-published or magazine-published?
From what I've read, there are six volumes out, and the chapter count would be:
Books 1 & 2: Ch. 1 to 22
Book 3: Ch. 23 to 31
Book 4: Ch. 32 to 40
Book 5: Ch. 40.5 to 48
Book 6: Ch. 48.5 to 56
So I was wondering if perhaps a few chapters that belong in what will eventually be book 7 have already been published on magazine?

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

White Rose posted:

It was completed in Japan at two volumes, but never completely scanlated. (The scanlators reached the beginning of volume 2 and stopped... and it's been years since.)

Someone finished it though.

O_O

WHOA!
Thanks for the tip!! I had only been checking the Yuri Project page in Baka-Updates, and they listed it as unfinished, and I never thought that another group could have finished it! Gonna go read those last chapters right now!

Or, actually, I think I'm gonna reread the whole thing. Yeah, sounds like a good idea.

Thx again!

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I apologize if my words came off as insults to you.

Very well, I accept your apology.
Looking back, I prolly came off as too bellicose myself.
Let's drop the subject and forget about it.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

BlairYi posted:

Is Fragtime a good manga? So many people have been telling me to avoid it, but getting a lil curious now.

It's good. Just tells different kind of story.

Yes, good stuff. Not at all your run-of-the-mill yuri manga. Very psychological, very subtle, very complex. I think it's worth reading it.

It was completed in Japan at two volumes, but never completely scanlated. (The scanlators reached the beginning of volume 2 and stopped... and it's been years since.)

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Twelve chapters all at once? Bless the Yuri Fairy!

last edited at Mar 30, 2019 10:52PM

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

It's kind of sad that BugDevil's yet again picking fights with me. One month ago, after several rude messages, Nezchan told her to stop the personal attacks and can it. She had no choice but to shut up, and everyone praised Nezchan's excellent moderating. But it looks like she's still bitter about it, because lo, she has started it again: aggressive messages, personal attacks... sigh.

Fact:

When serialization began, the author made an effort to make everything in the series fit with the pilot -- even the small details, like Kasumi's dress in her first meeting with Sakurako. In numbers, the pilot should be chapter 0 of the manga, thus as "canon" as the rest of the chapters.

It starts with Kasumi narrating the story, then the POV slowly shifts to Sakurako, and the conclusion seamlessly connects with the beginning of the first chapter in volume 1 (where the first page replicates exactly the first page of the pilot, only this time from Sakurako's narrating perspective) which then switches to a flashback.

Occam's Big Paisley Tie:

We really don't need wishful thinking for a series that is already overtly gay.

It's clearly not serious.

It is a proof of concept, nothing else.

Occam's Big Paisley Tie's Windsor Knot of Bullshit:

You still seem upset about your own misunderstanding.

The idea is even more laughable.

Are you just trying to get a rise out of me with that nonsense?

Please think before typing.

Get over it. Move on.

At least she didn't claim I'm just looking for things to get mad about.

Melissa was right. Fuck that tie.

White Rose
Image Comments 30 Mar 15:26
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018
Dyh3zpsw0aauw64-orig

This is wrong in many different ways. I love it. <3

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

The Pilot is not canon. It is a proof of concept, nothing else. We really don't need wishful thinking for a series that is already overtly gay.

The pilot is as canon as canon can be.

And Tadokoro-san is still a great series, no matter how much you hate and insult it.

You really need to stop confusing your personal likes and dislikes with universal truths.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I sometimes feel that Kasumi must be blood-related to Yasuda-sempai from this manga here.

Haha. It's amusing that you picked that scene as an example, because the exact same thing actually happens in this manga (in the pilot episode, the "chapter 0" of the series). Sakurako is thinking about how Kasumi is so beautiful and so popular with the guys, always receiving love letters and invitations and whatnot, and starts worrying: what would happen if one day some bad man tries to assault Kasumi? Would Kasumi resist and escape!? Or would her superhuman laziness stop her from even putting up a fight???

She decides to put it to the test, and mock-assaults Kasumi who is on the bed having a nap. Kasumi doesn't resist at all, and Sakurako breaks down in tears -- wailing that Kasumi is WAY TOO LAZY, and that one day a real molester will have her way with her, and it's all so sad and tragic, and and and... And, at that point, Kasumi cuts in and says: "What are you talking about? Why would I resist your sexual advances? If I was against it, I wouldn't sleep in the same bed with you!" Which leaves Sakurako totally flabbergasted, heh.

I've noticed a lot of people tend to forget that scene when discussing the nature of the relationship between the two girls. Then again, since it was in the pilot, maybe they don't take it as canon?

Rereading that pilot, I didn't find anything that go against canon. In fact, it should be the real chapter 1 of the series. It starts with Kasumi narrating the story, then the POV slowly shifts to Sakurako, and the conclusion seamlessly connects with the beginning of the first chapter in volume 1 (where the first page replicates exactly the first page of the pilot, only this time from Sakurako's narrating perspective) which then switches to a flashback.

In retrospect, it was kind of a waste of time, all the debate about whether Kasumi and Sakurako are or aren't lovers who have sex 'n stuff. I mean, thinking back, already in chapter 0, we had Kasumi saying that she was ok with banging Sakurako. "Or else, I wouldn't sleep in the same bed with you!" Those were her words, loud and clear.

I guess she could have added: "Duh."
(˵ ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°˵)~☆

White Rose
Image Comments 29 Mar 10:18
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018
Tumblr_poudahajjy1ukbyx0o1_1280

O_o
(nosebleeds profusely)

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

The dudes in this are the worst though.

What dudes are you thinking about? There aren't that many in this manga.
I remember Fujishiro's ex-bf and her brother who is a beautician; the first one can be called a bad guy, but the other one has been pretty nice so far.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Tadokoro-san (who is an angel character) will need to say: "No, Nikaidou-san, stop, don't pummel Kirigaya-san into hamburger, I have already forgiven her, really I have."

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

It's not a chapter of 'Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki!' if Harumi doesn't get to say at least one tsukkomi line.

Harumi Hana: born to be the straight man.

Which is a boke line in itself, and in dire need of a tsukkomi reply, because Harumi is actually a queer woman.

You're welcome.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Putting up a show of dominance (to please a submissive/masochist partner) is a lot of work. Kasumi is the sort of person who would say "Aaah... mendokusai..." and refuse to do it.

I sometimes feel that Kasumi must be blood-related to Yasuda-sempai from this manga here.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

A while ago, I was asked to write a review of "A Room For Two" for a Facebook group in which I'm a member (a group for yuri fans). This is how my review began:

*** @}-->--- ***

Sakurako is a baby lesbian, 14-15 in age, who is about to start high school. Her new school is an exclusive boarding school, so she has to get a room at the boarding house associated to the school. The house is set up for two people to a room, and Sakurako has yet to meet her new roommate. Then, the girl arrives... and Sakurako can't believe her eyes: she's an ABSOLUTE GODDESS! A stunning blonde beauty with the body of a supermodel, big firm boobs, flawlessly fair skin, perfect shapely legs, a sexy round butt and a face so pretty it's breathtaking! And yes, she's only 15, just like Sakurako. Our poor Sakurako is so stupefied she even wonders if they are the same species! Like, she's Homo Sapiens Sapiens, but Kasumi (that's her roommate's name) must be Homo Perfectis Divinis or something! Oh, and the first thing Kasumi does after entering their room is stripping to her panties and laying down on the tatami mats in a lazy, sexy pose... which doesn't exactly help Sakurako recover from her state of awed wonderment, lol.

As usual in Japan, their room comes empty; they are expected to bring the furniture and everything else themselves. So they go shopping for all the stuff they need. They are going to live for the next three years in that shared room, so there's a lot to buy! At the tableware department, Sakurako says they should get matching mugs with a heart design on the side (the sort of mugs typically used by lovers and newlyweds), then she goes: "Haha, just kidding, that was a joke!" But Kasumi says: "Sure, okay, let's buy that." That leaves Sakurako speechless, wondering if she really is reading right the signals Kasumi seems to be sending her. Then, at the bedding department, they face a dilemma: the room is too small for two beds, but Kasumi doesn't want to use futons. Sakurako says: "I know! I'll get a single bed, and you can sleep with me! Hahaha, a joke, that was just a joke; of course you wouldn't..." And Kasumi replies: "Good idea. We'll do just that." And Sakurako looks at her in utter astonishment, wondering if she's dreaming, feeling like she can't believe her good luck... because, after a statement like that, there's no more room for doubt and no more chance of misunderstanding: yes, Kasumi feels for her the same way she feels for Kasumi; yes, this amazing blonde goddess actually likes her and wants to have THAT kind of relationship with her!!!

This is a simple lesbian wish-fulfillment story focused on Sakurako and mostly told from her point of view. Of course, we get to see through Kasumi's eyes from time to time, but pretty much every chapter is about Sakurako doing everything she can to make Kasumi happy (which is often a heap of work, as Kasumi can be high-maintenance a lot of the time) and being rewarded with Kasumi's sweet love.

*** @}-->--- ***

This was the introduction. After this, I went on summarizing how the story moves on, how their relationship develops, how they graduate from school and start attending college, and, of course, how their bond keeps on getting stronger as their happy married life goes on.

I wonder, based on these first paragraphs, what do y'all think? Would you say I nailed it?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I guess, given the nature of her insecurities, Seo was doomed to end up with a guy. That's the thing about men: they cannot fake their orgasms, lol.

It's a popular misconceptions that men can't fake it. I learned in my human sexually class that it's not uncommon, for guys to fake it.

???
I think I'm not getting the joke.

I too would like to know how a man can fake an orgasm.

scrunch your face, wiggle around a bit and make a hippo impression, then dispose of the condom without giving the other person a look at it. and that's without getting imaginative with it!

Yamada wasn't wearing a condom... but, in general terms, I get your point, lol.

I believe the op's meaning was that Seo could doubt Kyouko's orgasms as faked stuff, but there was no way in hell she could doubt Yamada's big condomless ejaculation that made her pregnant.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I guess, given the nature of her insecurities, Seo was doomed to end up with a guy. That's the thing about men: they cannot fake their orgasms, lol.

It's a popular misconceptions that men can't fake it. I learned in my human sexually class that it's not uncommon, for guys to fake it.

???
I think I'm not getting the joke.

White Rose
Comic Girls discussion 16 Mar 02:08
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

AT LAST!

────────────¸,o​¤°“°¤o,¸
─────────── (….◕​ ‿ ◕.…)
───────── oOO——`​♥´——OOo
▀█▀─█▄█─█▀█─█▄─█─█▄▀──█▄█─█▀█─█─█
─█──█▀█─█▀█─█─▀█─█▀▄───█──█▄█─█▄█
───── Foя тнє cнαpтєя ──────

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I know I will probably catch flak for this, but if you genetically modify women, so they can impregnate each other, wouldn't they technically be hermaphrodites, and not females. Does this story even count as a yuri?

I'm thinking it's something more along the lines of assisted, medically-controlled reproduction; artificially making a human egg (as in the first stage of a human after conception) by putting the mothers' genes together.

Huhuhu, it's the method Sakurako from "A Room For Two" plans to use. Remember:

Kasumi buys the wrong charm... maybe?
Sakurako is actually a-ok with it!

(And to think some people pretend that Kasumi/Sakurako is not really a thing... lol.)

Kasumi and Sakurako, judging by the zero importance of males in their lives, could very well be living in the world of All of Humanity is Yuri. Actually, if it wasn't for the occasional male relative, their world WOULD be the world of All of Humanity is Yuri! 乁(✿ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)و

White Rose
Image Comments 12 Mar 11:41
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018
En-87300850987236147

Nozoharem for the win!

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Saaya: best oneechan ever. Fuuka: best loli imouto ever. This needs to be serialized. We demand a series! The world needs more, more, MORE of Saaya/Fuuka!

And please make it 20% ecchi-er, ok? :P

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I don’t know about others but in most stories I seen with a bisexual tag on Dynasty usually ends up having a girl heartbroken because the one she loves left her for a man.
I’ve been scarred by this one: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sweet_lips_1

Umm surely there must be some kinda mistake?
That story is Sweet Lips by Morinaga Milk, who is one of the most loved and admired authors of yuri manga in this forum. And it's NOT a story where a girl leaves her female lover for a man! Morinaga Milk doesn't write stories like that; one of the reasons she's so loved by the fans is that, in her manga, no matter how rocky the road, yuri always prevails in the end.
It's what happens in Sweet Lips: the MC dumps her boyfriend because she likes the other girl better. It's shown and stated clearly; there isn't any ambiguity about that. What could give you the idea it was otherwise???

White Rose
Lily Marble discussion 09 Mar 15:30
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Was Nozomi always supposed to be so utterly oblivious about homosexuality?

Always had the impression her baseline character setting was "Clueless About ALL The Things"... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol, I bet that, next chapter, she's going to ask Asama about this.

"Hey, hey, Asama-san, guess what? Manager is dating another woman!
It's true, I swear! I saw them kiss and stuff!
And they're serious about it! Manager says they're already living together!
I was so surprised! I didn't know two girls could fall in love like that!
I mean, no girl has ever felt attracted to me, haha!
What about you, Asama-san? Did you know about this amazing stuff?
Have you ever felt attracted to another woman?
Ohmygosh, listen to me, haha, what am I saying? Of course you've never felt anything like that, right, Asama-san?"

Then Asama will finally lose her legendary cool and jump Nozomi's bones in a fit of frenzy.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ -)~☆