Forum › Posts by Random Reader

joined Nov 30, 2011

There was a mature BDSM yuri manga (i think the original language is english... duno) someone posted and linked to it (It is not uploaded here). I had bookmarked it but lost it during a cleansing... I can't remember the name! :S

OH!! I know what one you're talking about!! Sunstone, it's on Deviantart.

http://shiniez.deviantart.com/

It's really long and at some parts it drags, but over all, not bad. :)

Wow! Really good. Although I had to laugh at the part where she's like "I'm gay" in an incredibly agonized way... really, did you notice that between like the 30th or 40th time you forced a woman to go down on you?

e: And now I have another series to keep track of :/

It should be getting published sometime this year! I cannot wait! :D

(My forum post/preview for anyone curious about it)
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/3794-comic-sunstone

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 29 Apr 11:32
joined Nov 30, 2011

Or you know, we actually like the story :P

I was trying to be dramatic but you had to go and ruin it! >_<

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 28 Apr 22:00
joined Nov 30, 2011

Because it could be a beautiful train wreck. Picture the most beautiful steam engine you have ever seen chugging through some of the most beautiful countryside in the world traveling on an ornate track. But this track is rough and cause the train to bounce everywhere, tip and lean over here and there, struggle to move forward at times, and even go into reverse here and there. But yet, we cannot stop watching this train and hope beyond hope that it makes catches onto smoother rails eventually and has a safe and beautiful trip to its destination.

That or we're all masochists and or total suckers.

last edited at Apr 28, 2014 10:00PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

One word: Runaway

And then tell the parents to shove it.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Lmao I love that series. One of my favorite parts is when they go on the first date and they dress up for the image they have of each other! Manabu wearing the gang outfit with the battle standard had me in stitches. Or when he pretends to be his grandfather in helping Reina's dad practice for the parent-teacher conferences and he's spot on! XD

Random Reader
Octave discussion 27 Apr 16:10
joined Nov 30, 2011

Honestly I felt that way the first time I read it. Then I came back to it after about a year and reread it. You have to realize that the main character should technically be in high school (I think she should be in her 2nd year when it starts...maybe end of the first, don't really know) but instead she's taken herself out of the family environment, thrust herself into the world of entertainment (which is cutthroat wherever you go). When that did not really work out she lleaves it and comes home where she is bullied and finds out that she might be better off on her own back in Tokyo. She's had no guidance really and she's just trying to figure things out like the big important question, who is she and what kind of person does she want to become. I was raised in a secure environment, was supported by family and only found out what I wanted and who I was in my early twenties. I could not imagine going through the things she did when I was her age.

they dumb down the good character (Setsuko) by trying to make her seem flawed and immature,

Lmao!! She was the most realistic character in the entire series. She wasn't dumbed down at all. I actually initially worried that she was going to be the mary-sue of the story with no flaws, insecurities, or feelings toward the main character and the kinda crap she was pulling. But when she finally put the foot down, I was happy.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Definitely agreeing with you ciega. I can definitely see certain companies issuing them out anyway just to keep it from happening. However, should they not be more worried about the leaks? I think that's a bigger security risk if you ask me.

Random Reader
Octave discussion 27 Apr 03:22
joined Nov 30, 2011

Long manga are always bad

Well that's the vaguest complaint of long manga I've ever seen. O_o

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Back to adult (or more like non-shoolgirls manga)
Re-reading this one: http://dynasty-scans.com/series/raubritter
(by the same mangaka of Cirque Arachne, awesome art)

Circque Arachne was freaking hot. Wish it was a few extra chapters longer -_-

Random Reader
Prism discussion 26 Apr 01:56
joined Nov 30, 2011

I was reading this again (just like everyone else has lately thanks to Stretch) and I was wondering if there was a reason the speech bubbles on pg. 27 in ch.5 are all blank?

Anyhoo, this dude is a wizard at profiles... and long hair.

Random Reader
Lemonade discussion 25 Apr 23:25
joined Nov 30, 2011

Was I the only one confused by the new developments??

nope. I've reread it twice (going on #3).

Good to know! I had thought I missed a chapter but I didn't. And yeah, I read it twice as well but no sauce.

I forgot that Ozawa asked Youko if she liked anyone. I guess at this point the pairings are all shaping up. plus what is with Keita? That Imoko-slur is seriously irritating. So I guess Youko gave up trying to get him to stop even though he promised to do so (oh, such short-term memories)!

I thought it was going to go places when she bitched at everyone and her friend literally betrayed her. But not. She just decides to roll over. Wtf!? And yeah, Keita is kinda acting like a douche with the slur and Youko's friend still defended him. Just wow.

last edited at Apr 25, 2014 11:25PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Um, I didn't understand chapter 2 at all. Who is love with who? What was the point of the Drama Club?, What is going on here?

Glasses chick wants to call blonde chick to the club because when she's with hair chick they give a good vibe plus they can tweak blonde chick to look like a prince and then glasses chick tries to explain the prince image to blonde chick failing terribly at it which led blonde girl to think that she's on glasses girl's mind in as a admiration and think she was in love with her

I thought she was just teasing the glasses girl to be honest.

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 25 Apr 05:30
joined Nov 30, 2011

Ack! Just learned something new while reading another manga. The whole 49th Day Memorial (never knew what it meant so pardon me for those who already know!) is a ritual part of a funeral ceremony taking place 49 days after a person's death:

The first of which are the Chu-in Services (chu-in kuyo) held weekly until the 49th day after death. These first 49 days are regarded as especially important as they mark the intermediate stage between birth and death (chu-in). In Mahayana Buddhism, in general, it is considered important to hold these services for the benefit of the deceased during this intermediate stage of transmigration. In the Pure Land tradition, however, since we are assured of immediate birth in the Pure Land upon death through Amida's saving grace, these services are held more to relieve anxiety and to assure the family of the deceased of their loved one's Birth in the Pure Land. The Chu-in Services on the 7th and 49th days after death are considered particularly important.

This is all new to me and I figured some folks would like to know about it if they didn't already =)

Keiko mentions it in Ch.8 Pg.6.... It... kinda puts things into perspective.

Random Reader
Lemonade discussion 25 Apr 02:59
joined Nov 30, 2011

Was I the only one confused by the new developments??

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 25 Apr 02:58
joined Nov 30, 2011

When did the senpai break up with her boyfriend?
I'm not quite catch up with the story.

Before the story happened. So I think you're caught up with the rest of us.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

What an annoying obsession lol. And I hardly ever touch the Touhou stuff, don't know a whole lot about it tbh and kinda intend to keep it that way. Also I have generally avoided the Nanoha stuff as well. Just totally unfamiliar with the characters which makes me wonder where the hell that match up came from anyways??? O_o...

And I've actually started rereading Chatting at the Amber Teahouse the other night lol. I've also read all of those but haven't read roomates and SSFW in a while. Collectors is my favorite adult one while Ebisu-san and Hotei-san runs a pretty close second. I just wish for series much more similar to Octave, Collectors, and Stretch. Ya know, a long running series with a good mix of drama, romance, comedy, and no school girls! (Including college students!)

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I keep meaning to get around to doing a full re-read of Sasameki Koto, but I never seem to get to it. Probably because it's so big.

Haha I just read all the annnngsty parts myself. I enjoyed the drama in that series.

I read that one and it felt sorta random drama spikes throughout, idk, but I do have to say that ending with tons of extra bits was satisfying... Wish more mangas did that instead of ending abruptly the very moment after the main couple gets together, where I usually feel like the trip was not worth the hastle.

Agreed. And the extras were superbly done and tied up a lot of the character's and their lives.

And it's frustrating when the main love interests ALWAYS get together in the last F*****G chapter!!! Seriously, the most important part in any relationship imho, is what happens after they become an official couple and start spending legitimate quality time together. (And I would just LOVE to see them as adults and not high schoolers for once XD .)

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 25 Apr 00:38
joined Nov 30, 2011

Maan I haven't done a few of those stretches in a long while! Leg-swings; #7 on page three (forgot its name) when you can do a half-skip and swing the leg up over and out and half-skip to the side at an angle and continue; and #2 on page 6 is one of my favorites.

Leg swings are great. I prefer mobilizations (like the ones in this chapter) to static stretches pretty much all the time.

I definitely agree! You get a lot of good movement and stretching out of it. (Having played a lot of soccer, the active stretching does wonders.)

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 25 Apr 00:35
joined Nov 30, 2011

People, forget the yuri at this point. Let's talk about plot: How many more chapters do you think there will be before there is progress on the story?

I dunno if there's really much of a story to progress, it's more of a slice-of-life study of the relationship between two roommates. Honestly, if I don't place a yuri requirement on it, I find their interactions amusing enough to keep me coming back. That, and the art is great.

Who am I to ask for more than that?

I don't know. I would love to see more info and interaction between them on their backgrounds. Those were some of my favorite moments. Also, I'm not really rooting for yuri to come at us like a locomotive. It's nice to see solid character development outside of the whole "IMUSTHAVEROMANTICPARTNER" zombie thinking most romances try to depict. I like the slow pace and slice of life is my favorite genre. You get the know the personalities of the characters a helluva lot better than straight up romances.

My own stab at theories/speculating of the two main girls:
For Keiko, I think she had a miscarriage. I reread the entire thread and the story thus far. That monster thing on pg.4, chapter 14, just cock your head to the right. Having doubled checked what miscarriages have as symptoms, this seems to be the best guess for me. Her mom may have disowned her or something as a result or even hit her which caused the miscarriage and then in that scene on the phone said something along the lines of, "Good! You deserved it" or some such thing.

Turns on Yuri-related argument mode for the hell of it Keiko could also possibly be gay and just suppresses herself by dating and sleeping with men or saying she does to everyone to show that she's straight. (And is just lying about most of those relationships.)

As for Ran, considering the current events of the Malaysian flight and how Keiko calls it the, "49th Day Memorial Service," it could denote when a search and rescue operation cancelled a search for a plane that went down in the ocean somewhere. Why, well I can guess her dad may be Finnish and was visiting family in Finland and the plane went down the in ocean. The other possibility is it's tied to the 2011 tsunami and her dad got dragged out to sea. (That earthquake bit in chapter 6, pg.5 still confuses the hell out of me to be honest.) And her saying, "I'm so glad," may be her hearing that her mom is finally recovering from the death of her father.

Yuri-related argument mode "I'll surpass him no matter what." (Ch.10, pg.13)

But yuri arguments aside, I like the character development, a nice slow warm burn. And the subtly is just awesome.

last edited at Apr 25, 2014 12:37AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I keep meaning to get around to doing a full re-read of Sasameki Koto, but I never seem to get to it. Probably because it's so big.

Haha I just read all the annnngsty parts myself. I enjoyed the drama in that series.

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 24 Apr 21:44
joined Nov 30, 2011

Maan I haven't done a few of those stretches in a long while! Leg-swings; #7 on page three (forgot its name) when you can do a half-skip and swing the leg up over and out and half-skip to the side at an angle and continue; and #2 on page 6 is one of my favorites.

last edited at Apr 25, 2014 12:05AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Wow Flips! Thanks for the suggestions and those are some crazy lists you have!!

@ Ciega - I completely understand how you feel about Notes from the Garden of Lillies. I kinda feel that way about Girl Friends. It's not in any of my 2 lists at all and while it is a good story, I have the same issues that you have more or less with Notes.

Now for something completely different!

I just finished marathoning Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie (Little House with an Orange Roof). It was SSUUUUUCH a good read! And definitely one of the best het romances I've come across in a long while (especially since it was a non-school oriented story!! tears of joy people... tears of f****g joy*). There was definitely a lot of warm fuzzy feelings in this and a few moments where I literally wanted to crack some skulls. Thankfully the male MC wasn't a douche/ass**** for once despite a few moments of worry. But in a way it was refreshingly realistic in a lot of ways. Highly recommended.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Completely valid reason to dislike something. If you are not enjoying the read why would you keep reading? [Logic]

I have an issue with seeing things through to completion. if I start something, I'm compelled to finish it. I've read plenty of crap that has wasted my time. unless a series has been forcibly stopped or I cannot stomach it any further, I will keep reading for better or for worse.

Lol I just noticed that I have this same problem myself recently! Now I take the time to carefully select which mangas I want to read because if it's hella long, it's an no go.

Anyways, been finding myself re-reading NSFW stuff lately... To list a few:

ooooh, I just love Nanzaki Iku and Rokuroichi's art. I'd also add O.ri to the list. Art is simple, but the stories are kinda interesting.

Any links to these??

Weird, Chrome thinks huwacocochi is in Swahili.

HAHAHAHAAAAAA! yeah, Chrome is a weird beast. kinda pisses me off the way their word completion and spell checking works. oh well, always a good excuse to learn Swahili.

Chrome??

And thanks to Flips mega lists I just marathoned Earth Girls. That was a very fun read! Thanks for that little gem Flips.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

ya know, I just did not like Notes from the Garden of Lillies. Somewhere after chpt 3, the shift in the story really turned my off. I guess it's just me based on all the rave reviews I'm reading.

What didn't you like about it exactly??

I guess everyone is limiting their reading list to yuri-themed stories? if not, I've been re-reading Koe no Katachi and renai idenshi xx.

Ah, well I opened up the thread with the intention of talking about stories that you've read which have already been completed and not on going. Be they a series, anthologies, oneshots, etc. Since it's Dynasty, the majority are most likely going to be yuri oriented stories. I don't see a problem with discussing other stories that were completed that are not hosted here which aren't Yuri. If that's the case then I've been working my way through Angel Densetsu. Probably one of my all-time favorites and one I ritually reread every year.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

One thing that's always made me wonder in these types of series is... where are the teachers of the school and what do they do exactly if they let students have all this power and...weird rituals?