Forum › Posts by majere

majere
New Game discussion 28 Mar 13:09
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Am i blind or not?
I can't see the crush on who from who...

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/new_game_ch26#11

Honestly, those two are basically married already.

majere
Shiromuchi discussion 27 Mar 12:47
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Norainhere posted:

I think I remember reading one here a while back, though I can't remember the title or author. I recall it was quite sweet and cute, though.

There's that one where one of the two main characters is a model so she has to watch her weight and there's some drama between her girlfriend and her because she takes a lot of pleasure watching her girlfriend eat the things she can't while her girlfriend is worrying about her own weight because of her attractive model girlfriend. Can't remember the name of it or anything but that one wasn't really a joke deal and it wasn't really a fetish object thing like this one either.

That'd be Sweet Exercise also by Amano Shuninta.

last edited at Mar 27, 2016 12:48PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

http://imgur.com/a/RVbeN (noob) translation/editing by me, didn't know if Binbou Scanlations wanted to work on the sequel after this long.

You are a saint.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

finally, civil engineer yuri, my life is complete

theres so much specific yuri out there, everything is fine with the world

like dinosaur yuri ~

Thank you so much for bringing this into my life.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Because welcome to different cultures, no offense. It might be uncomfortable if you happen to understand sexual relationships between cousins as incest in your culture, but that's not the case everywhere.
Where I live, for example, marriage between cousins is not illegal. Society may or may not look at you weirdly, but it's not understood as incest by everybody.

I mean it's still incest regardless of whether it's socially acceptable or not. It's a sexual relationship between blood relatives so it's by definition incestuous. That doesn't necessarily mean it's bad it's just calling a spade a spade.

majere
Rapunzel discussion 22 Mar 22:23
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

There is something profoundly wrong with me that I considered that romantic.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Well that's probably not emotionally healthy.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I am always down for more of this setting and these characters.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Holy frick was that an adorable proposal.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

One of the most adorable fetish stories I've read in a damn long time.

majere
Concerto discussion 22 Feb 20:33
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Chapters 4 and 5 were my favorites. Loved them! Chapter 1 was nothing, though nothing special, and chapter 2 I liked the premise a lot but don't think the ending works without more build up. Chapter 3 though I really didn't like - it didn't just gloss over some morally wrong/questionable actions, it acted as though there was nothing even remotely morally questionable happening at all.

I feel like 3 was kinda a wash morally because on the one hand you have a teacher trying to ravish her student and then on the other you have the student drugging and basically date raping her teacher and I'm honestly not sure which is more unethical so it kinda feels like a case of "they deserve each other."

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Oh, I forgot to actually comment on the manga D:

It's super cute and relatable especially when it comes to the various insecurities and worries that come with transition and being trans in general. I also love that the author is careful not to portray her own particular story and path as the One True Trans Narrative and address the fact that the experience of being trans can differ greatly between individuals and there are many equally valid ways to deal with it.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

The funny thing is that almost all the people who replied to me basically proved my points. It happened with the first guy, it happened with the trans who got all bothered despite how I said nothing to or against them specifically, and then the people that got into it later and mentioned me were basically trying to discredit me for a reason that looked like they didn't want to hear it.

And for the record: yes I do have a neutral position. Not because I'm trying to look superior, though. I have a neutral position because I dislike the way both sides operate. The people who deny transgender typically do so for reasons that are scarcely valid, and the people who argue against anti-trans are so insulting that the only reason they get away with it is because nobody feels like they have the right to tell them off for being assholes.

Well, news flash. You can be an asshole whether you're gay, straight, bi, ace, transgender, or anything else. I'm just one of the only people willing to call anyone who is out on it. I don't care whether you say you've been wronged by the people you're insulting. That's not an excuse to stoop to or below their level, frankly.

So you're neutral because you don't actually care about the facts of the matter. You just want to grandstand about how LGBT people are just as bad as the people trying to strip them of basic human rights because sometimes they get angry about being the subject of constant belittlement and harassment and don't have the patience to deal with your snide nonsense in a patient or polite manner. The fact of the matter is you're wrong. The existence of transgenderism is medical fact and you're being intellectually dishonest in pretending the politeness or lack thereof of the people stating that fact is at all relevant to whether or not they are right.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Statistics, defintions, measurement criteria to prove any of your points, guys? Otherwise this sounds like trolling, and anyways goes kinda off topic from the manga discussion.

Wow shit's going down
Although it seems that this is pretty relevant to the manga, it's part of the main theme after all ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I kinda wish the discussion of any story involving trans people didn't come with a mandatory "but transgenderism isn't real" sub-discussion. Like, yes it's relevant but it's also exhausting having to defend and justify my existence to some bigot on a soapbox.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Those people are vastly outnumbered for a reason though. Fields of science aren't immune to errors or people who are supposed to be experts in their field yet are still flat out wrong. There's more and more evidence as time goes on that those who are against the current methods of handling transgenderism are simply wrong. There's enough currently that there's no reason at all to believe them or even consider what they have to say on the subject. (Unless they have something that hasn't been repeated a thousand times already though they're still unlikely to have anything to say that's going to prove that the current methods of handling it are wrong.)

Actually, the majority of people who argue against anti-trans stuff are not necessarily trans themselves, though some of them naturally are. What they are, however, is liberal, and liberals in general (not all of them) preach about tolerance in addition to being supremely intolerant of those who disagree with them.

I think you might have partly misread what I was saying. Note that I specified online as I have little personal experience discussing transgenderism with people offline outside my own friends and family. (So I can't speak for offline.) I also specified that it was that way but it's changing. In my experience it's really only been the last year or so that people who aren't transgender have really defended transgender people at all in most places.

What they are, however, is liberal, and liberals in general (not all of them) preach about tolerance in addition to being supremely intolerant of those who disagree with them.

I can't really disagree there, a lot of people who identify as liberal definitely are quite intolerant, but that doesn't really seem very relevant to the conversation to me.

There's evidence that goes both ways, it's just that the people who argue against it are discredited simply for not having the popular opinion. Like what you just did, actually - that was a wonderful example to prove my point, so thanks for making it.

I heard your specification, but my statement referred to both online and IRL people I've interacted with. Typically, the people who argue against anti-trans are almost all liberals, whether they're trans themselves or not. Note that due to aligning views, transgenders typically are liberal themselves, which adds to both our points.

Whether liberals are intolerant or not was the entire point of my first post, actually. The guy I replied to was obviously one by the way he was both defending and attacking simultaneously (and therefore showing both his "tolerance" and intolerance very plainly), and when I said "your type of people have to watch out for this", I was referring to liberals. Though I'll admit the implication would have been hard to catch if you weren't looking for it from the start.

But it's late for me (about 3:30 am), and I need sleep. I'd love to continue this discussion as long as it strays away from attacks to person, but the later I stay up, the harder it'll be for me to be functional tomorrow/later today. Peace for now. May this not devolve into a flame war in my absence.

Nah, I'm not going to be "tolerant" of people who try to deny my identity and stop me from accessing appropriate medical treatment or legal protections. I have no obligation to tolerate opinions that put me in actual physical danger. I do not have to tolerate the dehumanizing behaviour of other people or their patent disrespect for me as a person.

It's great for you that your neutrality about the rights of trans people lets you feel all smug and intellectually superior but in reality your stance is about as legitimate as being neutral on climate change or evolution. We very obviously exist and people like you are being completely ridiculous in presenting your doubt of our legitimacy as remotely rational. It's prejudice and ignorance plain and simple.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yuu's big problem really seems to be she just doesn't know what love actually feels like and is basing her expectations off of romantic fiction which is all but useless to that end. Accurately describing feelings is basically impossible so it's always a case of metaphor and hyperbole to try and capture the general sense.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

i still dont get it, wtf does she want with a "contract girfriend" so bad, hell if she gone more subtle approach she could prob get the waitress for real

From my understanding it's to get the clingy client from the first chapter to back off.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Looks like Ichinose may have to cut a bitch.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I still like the story and find it really cute. But even after reading it a 3rd time, that 2nd chapter felt awfully rushed to me. =/

Hanaoka ain't got time for that slow and steady highschool crap she's a busy lady.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

So this series' cuteness is how I'm gonna die, eh? Good to know.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

What happened in the last two pages though? Was there a time skip? The two look a bit older... Or maybe it's just Moe's haircut change.

Really that last page looks like the end of a series not just a chapter.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Any yuri that isn't about highschool girls immediately shoots to the top of my list.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Okay fine, I begrudgingly admit this is one of the cutest damn things I've ever seen but I've still got my panties in a knot over the disappearance of Ayaka.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I don't even have a problem with having a bunch of side-couples but that fact that Ayaka (my favourite character here and basically my whole reason for reading this in the first place) has basically been relegated to side-character status at this point just irks me to no end. Like she has all this potential for interesting development but instead she just kinda sits in the background occasionally popping up to fill the "competitive tsundere" quota before fading away again. Also, did I miss something or did Yurine never actually address her "does it even have to be me or would anyone who can beat you be fine" question? Cuz it's pretty damn important and I can't for the life of me recall it being answered.

last edited at Feb 8, 2016 8:33PM