Forum › Posts by KCM

KCM
Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

I miss the early days when ships like this got the spotlight. This was sweet and sad

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

The art is so cute. ;-;

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Madoka-esque is a new subgenre, I suppose.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Crabs can be really fast...

and the last line was dark. (I hope she was invited to her house instead of having eaten the crabs)

I hope so too!

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

I hope this one gets continued...! I had a sudden craving for Takemoto and there's sadly less than I remembered available.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

This was cute. The food tag almost always delrivers!

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Liberté, égalité, fraternité

KCM
Matazoro. discussion 01 Aug 07:37
Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Where are Koto's parents??? Is the cat her mom???

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Oh i definitely don't mean that she's done nothing wrong. She totally has, girl fucked up. I'm just saying that she's not evil and that she's never done anything with the intention to purposefully hurt or punish Kiki, as some seem to think.
She's not a villain who needs to be "redeemed", she's a friend who needs to apologize and learn how to communicate instead of bottling up and think/talk before acting, is all~

I didn't say she's evil? She just doesn't really care about Kiki, she just wants an unreasonable measure of both control and aloofness over her. It is maipulative of her to abandon Kiki rather than just explain that their dance goals don't line up or whatever. Shion seems to get a lot of her own bad choices from her own controlling parents, and she is trying to both exert control over Kiki as well as abandon her in some kind of weird reflection of that. I would feel more sympathy for Shion if she stopped getting involved behind the scenes and sticking her nose in when she feels like it.

You can't just treat your friend like crap, then keep following her around and pining after her when you're the one who abandoned her first. And you definitely have no room to be jealous of someone like Michiru coming along and befriending Kiki. Shion needs to wake up and grow up, stop trying to have her cake (Kiki being alone by herself and discouraging her to follow her own dreams) and eat it too (Being able to go back to being friends with Kiki).

last edited at Jul 27, 2022 3:56PM

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Yeah I don’t get it- she likes her? So she wants to distance herself cause she assumes it’ll never happen? But still wants to be in her life? I mean it makes sense kinda. I thought the other girl would say “that’s really really stupid”

I think she did all this to punish Kiki for giving up being Shion's dance partner, the lead namely. I think she's trying to let Kiki fail on her own so she can swoop in with the I told you so's after the fact. I sincerely wish she had called her out on how dumb it is.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Man I cant stand Shion... She just wont leave Kiki alone, even tho she's the one who broke it off in the first place. Put your fakeass feelings in the trash where you put Kiki and leave her alone, you manipulator. You dont get to act like you did all yhis bc you cared TOO much about her.

last edited at Jul 27, 2022 9:31AM

KCM
Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

This is some good stuff thank you

Cutie patooties eating fresh fruities

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

I'm not crying, you are

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Aoto's mom should look inwards if she's so convinced something is wrong.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Dang it mom. Ya tipped the balance.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

You wouls think using the inugami to gently and non-permananently harm the bullies to keep them away would make sense, but she wants that catgirl's attention dammit.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

oh no this suspense is taking years off of my life

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

This series is muy bueno; relationship drama that is both compelling and not enraging (unlike real life).

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

YAY THANK YOU
Oh boy we're getting an extended flashback!?!? yes

Man the gyarus are so wholesome. I don't look forward to seeing Watanabe descending into her depressive identity crisis! She seemed cute and well-adjusted in MS.

The translation was much clearer this time around!

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

It's the only even remotely unusual one I could readily spot. Yet for some reason peeps be talking like this was original 16th-century Shakespeare or some shit.

It's not so much that any of the words used are too obscure to know the meaning of (except maybe "aggrandizing", or "abscond" for people who haven't been exposed to a certain webcomic). It's that in context, it really reads like someone started with a more reasonable translation and then started looking up synonyms in a thesaurus and swapping in words that don't mean quite the same thing or aren't used in that way.

P5: "Did something arise?" instead of "Did something happen?"
P6: "for circulating the article spot on" instead of (meaning unclear, possibly "for getting the article out so quickly" or "the article was perfect")
P6: "conducted it all" instead of "did it all" or maybe "wrote the whole thing"
P7: "Was mischief brought to light?" instead of "Did you get caught?"
P7: "scurried" instead of "hurried"
P7: "I noticed how gleaming was the 2-shot of Aoi onee-sama and Takako-sama" instead of "Aoi onee-sama and Takako-sama seemed so picturesque together" or maybe "Aoi onee-sama and Takako-sama looked like they were shining"
P8: "I'm so deeply humble to those two's tea party" instead of "I'd be so out of place at their tea party" or maybe "I felt like I was intruding"
P8: "isn't privy to" instead "doesn't know"
P8: "That's inconceivable!" instead of "No way!"
P8: "instances where one hurts another without a word" instead of "times when one hurts another by not saying anything" or maybe "you can hurt someone by not talking to them"
P9: "For the meantime" instead of "For now"
P9: "how about I socialize for you? With Takako-sama that is." instead of "how about I go instead? To spend time with Takako-sama, that is." (The second sentence here still feels grammatically awkward to me, though I can't think of something better off the top of my head.)
P9: "I'll endeavour this myself" instead of "I'll do this myself" or maybe "I need to do this myself"
P10: "Fujiyama-san is present to boot, so it'll proceed well enough" instead of "Fujiyama-san is also there, so it'll be fine"
P10: "aggrandizing" instead of "exaggerating" or maybe "flattering me"
P12: "that conduct you have with Ririka-san" instead of "how you're acting around Ririka-san"
P13: "evading it" instead of "avoiding it"
P13: "mend things with her" instead of "make up with her"

I think it's the sudden shift to this sort of flowery language when up til now the language was fairly straightforward. We wouldn't notice if it had always been like this.

Now I'm curious as to what was the story with this chapter.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Most belated April fool's everyone. What kind of elucidation must I covet for this highfalutin construction?

Edit: honestly wondering why the sudden change in their speech? It would be understandable for the classy ojou-samas to talk that way and/or if their speech has always been like that to begin with, but it's honestly bothersome to connect them with the characters now. Sorry for the rant, this chapter made them all sound pretentious in my head.

^^^

Yeah, it would have made perfect sense if this was always how the souers and senpais talked, but starting it this far in and making even Watanabe, Yoshioka and Sana talk like tht as well just are needlessly confusing.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Is this whole story a recursive commentary on gay women escaping into fiction as an outlet for their self repressed sexuality lol

Honestly tho before this I was sure the twist was that Watanabe WASN'T interested in other girls for real life. I'm glad I was wrong

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 12:20AM

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

OH MY GOD??? This was a good-ass chapter. We got steam now, folks.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

^^ Sana is really fun and seems to be the only self-aware character among the side ones, enough to notice Ririka and Fuyu’s gay bs and criticise the weird sister system.

And this right here was a move.

Best Side Character™

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Okay here's my guess: Watanabe has an ex-crush or ex-girlfriend from middle school that she fell out with (thats who was texting her) and so she immersed herself in the world of yuri as a way of escaping and deflecting from her own sexuality, vowing to "never have a 3d love again" and so she's gonna try to distance herself from Yoshioka out of fear of loss again.

This would make everything make so much more sense, so it'll most likely be something else.