Forum › Posts by Troid

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

My reaction upon getting an update notification.

fuwa

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Normally we don't really need mature content warnings because our tags cover that, and we'd prefer to leave pages ordered the way they were released by the scanlator. But since Lili's warnings usually go at the front, fixed.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

There is no particularly good option when it comes to "release post" linking where is there is no actual release post. Linking to a 4chan post is useless, and as you say, linking to the untranslated Pixiv comic is also not very helpful. Linking to Mediafire or another DDL is redundant, but probably our best option because it lets you download the chapter without drawing on your download limit and stressing Dynasty's bandwidth.

Troid Uploader
Sweetest! discussion 25 Apr 03:27
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Here is an ancient release I stumbled upon in an archived /u/ post. I don't know who the people responsible for scanlating it are, but thank you, wherever you may be.

last edited at Apr 25, 2014 3:27AM

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

I didn't even know the filename used when uploading the archive carried forward to when people download it. I'll see about that.

Edit: Fixed the archive names.

last edited at Apr 19, 2014 10:47PM

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

When it comes to a dropped series by a totally inactive group, there's nothing stopping anyone from picking it up and working on it.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Forgot to mention, Yuru Yuri ch1 was actually released in both those volumes of YH, the second time being a reprint as part of a Namori special. But we'll just leave it tagged with only the earlier volume to avoid confusion.

Troid Uploader
Stretch discussion 01 Apr 21:44
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

i hate you tlfag ;_;

Just so no hate goes misdirected, Boon Scanlations wasn't responsible for this at all.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Hair.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Yuri Yuri #1 is listed as being in two different volumes of Yuri Hime. Based on context, I suspect it's only supposed to be in the earlier one.

Fixed.

no centent:

Also fixed.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

P03, lower right, why is Sayaka telling Homura to stay away from Homura??

Madoka is flashing back to something Sayaka told her.

last edited at Mar 23, 2014 11:38PM

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Fixed, I think.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Scanlated a mere eight years after its release.

Troid Uploader
Sweet Thing discussion 15 Mar 18:01
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

It's a general tag for the anthology.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

I certainly don't think anyone will mind.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Nope, just an author mis-tag.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

The alt account is the guy who posted after you, below

I'm aware. He's using several. And if you know this is the kind of person who makes alternate accounts and pretends to be multiple people, I can't fathom why you're still posting replies in an off-topic discussion with them.

last edited at Mar 9, 2014 9:19PM

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

EDIT: lol never mind disregard everything I wrote below

That's the thing, though-- the manner of the publishing doesn't really matter on a reader like this, but the canonicity is useful information

The reader uses the word "doujin" in the correct way and that's not going to change. But you seem to be suggesting that having anthologies not tagged as doujin makes it confusing as to whether they're canon? I don't see how – no officially published anthology I know of is considered canon for the original series

I'm not going to say that it should be tagged as a doujin, but maybe a 'non-canon' tag and the pairings?

We don't need this. If people are getting confused about what's canon, they need to stop using the irrelevant distinctions between doujin publishing, official publishing, anthologies, etc., and refer to this simple rule: Is it an original series, or a spinoff officially stated to take place in the same universe as the original series? Then it's canon. If not, it's not canon.

What does "official" or "unofficial" even mean in this case? Agreement with author? Published by a publishing company?

"Official" means recognized by the publisher of the original series. It can be used in contrast to a doujin publication because self-published works are typically not recognized in that way.

Touhou works are still tagged as "Touhou Project Doujin" + "Canon", I think

The ZUN Touhou manga being categorized as doujin is incorrect; the page even makes note of that. I'll look into it.

Bringing up the Canon tag again raises my point about the distinction before: pretty much only original series are canon. If we find an exception to that rule which might be confusing, like a canon manga by ZUN that seems like a doujin, we will let you know with the Canon tag.

last edited at Mar 9, 2014 5:30PM

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Gee, I wonder whose 56982048th alt account that is.

last edited at Mar 9, 2014 7:17AM

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

The reason there are doujin anthologies like this is precisely because they're independently published, which sets them apart from official anthologies like this.

it's not canon, so should be classified as doujin IMO

Being non-canon has nothing to do with it.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

It's an officially published anthology. A doujin is technically only something independently published, but the more common or meaningful distinction is that it's an unofficial fanwork for an existing series.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

A note for tag suggestions: this isn't actually a doujin. And since we're treating it the same as the manga itself, pairing tags like Haruka x Yuu aren't necessary.

Troid Uploader
Sen to Man discussion 08 Mar 15:09
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

I rejected the second tag suggestion mostly because of the Adult life tag (someone else rejected it the first time), but I'm not so sure about Comedy either. There are a few humorous moments but there is no focus on humor. The tag doesn't really apply to SoL that occasionally cracks a joke.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Fixed.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Why must I be forced to read het by your accursed tag suggestions.