Forum › Posts by Kanelel

Kanelel
Prism discussion 18 Jan 11:01
Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

RIP. This was really excellent. It's a lot better than the vampire manga this author did.

joined Jan 1, 2022

I like this a lot. Feels vaguely like a Dowman Sayman comic.

The fish are a metaphor for social anxiety

I think that was just the case for the big carp that dislocated her jaw. When she confessed, it was a different species, whose Japanese pronunciation was a pun on "kissing" (plus, the fish literally kissed as well). It seems the various fish species represent different emotional states, social anxiety being just one of them. Note that she says people started avoiding her because of the fish vomiting, there are no indications she was a social outcast or that she was particularly anxious before this point.

I read it as a metaphor for being queer. Once she started vomiting fish, as in once she came out, people starting avoiding her. Tsucchi stays with her because vomiting fish, or being queer, doesn't bother her. Myaako thinks she might be cured of her fish vomiting, or queerness, if she kisses the person she likes. And in the end, it's not something that can be cured.

See also "Still Sick" for another work that compares queerness and sickness.

This is closer to my interpretation, but I also think social anxiety fits decently well. More generally, I think it works as a stand-in for anything about a person that causes them to be isolated from others.

joined Jan 1, 2022

Love to see this on here again. I love our stupid dirtbag.

joined Jan 1, 2022

Has Nagori Yu ever done a proper long form story with an ending?

Kanelel
Cross Fire discussion 27 Dec 15:15
joined Jan 1, 2022

I love this kind of edgy bullshit. Anyone have anything similar?

Kanelel
joined Jan 1, 2022

if this had gotten like 2 or 3 more volumes it couldve been really special. sick of the manga industry stifling good art because it needs to sell to the lowest common denominator to make a profit. sick of capitalism lol.
i want good adult poly stories for christs sake u_u

blame capitalism becuase you like an niche story setting…..lool that’s a new one

The reason stories with niche story settings get axed is because they aren't profitable. If we lived in a post-capitalist society, profitability would not be the thing that determines what art gets made.

joined Jan 1, 2022

Not sure if the main characters here are aware of being gay. The main character seems like she likes looking at cute girls without giving it much deep thought but I may be wrong... The other one seems like she might know she likes girls but hides it for the most part and tries to get close to the protagonist since she felt a connection. At least that's how I read it.

I think the main girl is aware of it, because she says "I'm afraid I won't be able to contain my feelings" and "If I stayed in the country I'd never have to face these feelings" meaning she's aware of her sexuality and hiding it. The other girl's "I want to get closer to other girls, but they don't like me" immediately followed by "I'm just living a lonely life without love" definitely means she's aware of it, especially when you take into account that she's had lots of guys crushing on her and has rejected them all.

They're both closeted lesbians.

Kanelel
joined Jan 1, 2022

This girl is so fucked lmao

joined Jan 1, 2022

Anyway, in regards to the shipping I stand by my early statement that the only proper end is Utena sitting on a throne surrounded by her mind-broken magical girl sex slaves. So... poly end, I guess. Or maybe Kiwi can be the official consort while the rest are "toys."

Utena herself seems to HATE mindbreak to the point she was disgusted with Azul for giving in.

That is because Baiser has good taste.

I think it has been obvious for a while now that Kiwi x Utena is the official ship and the endgame pairing, and also that Baiser is never going to give up on her hobby of tormenting magical girls. Tres Magia will all have sexually submissive feelings towards Baiser, though to what extent they'll accept that is up in the air. Maybe they all admit it to themselves but not out loud, maybe none of them realize it, maybe they all lay it out in the open, or maybe there's some mix. They will still have a hostile relationship with Baiser, but it will be on the level of like, Mario vs Bowser. Their feelings will be something like: "She's obnoxious and our enemy, so why do I feel like this towards her? Well, I guess she isn't that bad, but she's definitely a villain! We're magical girls, we can't let her humiliate us like that even if I like it!" I think Kiwi and Baiser will have a fun relationship where they kiss each other and then sexually harass magical girls together.

When are the FBI coming to my door... I want to at least write my statement

We are all sus in this comment section, accept it. My plan is to never become a public figure so that no one ever bothers to use this stuff against me.

Kanelel
joined Jan 1, 2022

I'm on chapter 13, page 13. Is that a fucking Hellsing reference?

Kanelel
Angel Ranch discussion 31 Oct 12:40
joined Jan 1, 2022

What the fuck is this, lmao. Hope to see more!

joined Jan 1, 2022

Nakano might be the antagonist, but for the next chapter I'm rooting for her.

Kanelel
joined Jan 1, 2022
101421216_p0

Meanwhile in the Fuhrer's office, Roy Mustang has no idea...

It's fine, getting cucked will just help him to atone for the war crimes

last edited at Sep 25, 2022 7:08PM

joined Jan 1, 2022

If that's not the problem I'm not opposed to trying to TL it myself

Please do! I'm desperate for more of this.

joined Jan 1, 2022

God hasn't updated since March. Guess the translator isn't going to continue it so I thank them for what they have done. Hope somebody else picks this up eventually as it's hilarious.

Last time it updated, it had been 4 months between updates. I think the translator may just be busy. I hope. The fact that the author deletes these after uploading new ones does make me worry though, because it's possible that the translator doesn't have a way to access them, which would also be a problem for anyone else who tried to pick the series up.

joined Jan 1, 2022

How do you have sex without love and connection, doesn’t it make you feel empty inside? But then again, this is a manga. I still don’t get hook-up culture to this day

Still better than masturbating, no?

Kanelel
dopamint! discussion 04 Sep 13:22
joined Jan 1, 2022

The futa doujins are the only part of FGO I like.

joined Jan 1, 2022

The lady who was talking about hidden truth clearly knows something.

Why does she assume our protagonist isn't going to murder the woman in her sleep? Maybe the protagonist has a reason to want to understand more about what happened at that time, it would have to be a lot to keep her from just murdering the succubus, given that it's seemingly her whole life's mission.

joined Jan 1, 2022

I think this girl is going to have a lot of problems in the future. She's going to have too many girlfriends, and they're going to get mad at her about it.

Kanelel
joined Jan 1, 2022

These girls are acting goofy lol. What a way to deal with your feelings, on all sides.

joined Jan 1, 2022

uhoh if she tells the truth maybe she can talk Kaori into being her exclusive smell everyday. I think Kaguhara would explode if Kaori was okay and into it since Kaori thinks it's so disgusting but found someone that loves it haha.

I think that's the direction it will head towards but it might still be a bit too early for this, depending on how long the author wants the manga to go for. I do hope that eventually it will play out in a similar manner to 'Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki!' though.

I don't know if I want any ships to sail here. I want her to get dragged deeper and deeper into being a horrible degenerate mess whose entire social life rests on a web of lies. I want a ecchi comedy version of Death Note, which is exactly why I love this latest chapter so much. It's incredible.

joined Jan 1, 2022

Based on pages 14 and 22, I think Berserga's weakness might be Imitatio, since she's emotionally invested in her. Maybe an NTR-adjacent angle or something? Or maybe Utena has to do something to get her invested, like maybe if she humiliates Imitatio she'll be mad enough to respond when she's losing.

joined Jan 1, 2022

I'm definitely rooting for Yucca. Because of my personal tastes.

Also, the odds she stabbed her sister are rising rapidly.

joined Jan 1, 2022

Give Elf her lewds.

Page 12 seems to imply that she indeed got what she wanted.

joined Jan 1, 2022

What kind of squirrel has a tail like that? The ones I see all have a bushier tail that goes in an s shape (though in the winter they press it against their backs).