Forum › Posts by Maddy

Maddy
Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

Thank goodness we don't have to deal with a thousand pages of angst.

Maddy
Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

I'm with Pyoro. Mii-chan's outclassed little sister in every way.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

That's... that's the ending? What?

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

I wonder why she doesn't just say she's paying for extra tutoring. I mean, it's technically true, right?

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

They're gonna have seegs. He he he.

Sora and Ayaka that is.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

Nice. Finally.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

The art had a level up, that's for sure.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

Nice. I also read the second half first, I'm glad that the whole has been translated. I like that even though their trio isn't romantic, they still care about each other and Senri makes Manuba's and Spica's hearts throb.
I wish I could own this in person!!!! Ugh!!!

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

I feel like whatever words I could say would be insufficient to describe the feeling of... disquieting comfort that this series made me feel. As in the fact that it felt so ambient, close to home, and therefore now part of me is like... "Yeah. That was nice." I'm glad that they figured out who they wanted to be together, and why. I like that it's not even sexual, as much as that kind of stuff is what ticks a lot of my boxes. They like being around each other. They're used to it, and not used to it. It's really nice.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

Haven't Yamada and Kase had sex already? I guess I could understand a little self consciousness about sleeping the same bed. But Yamada's mental vapor lock seemed a bit over the top.

They have but Yamada is such a bottom that she probably gets super embarrassed every time.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

Office yuri? With sex? Score.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

This is too sugary. I'm getting yuribetes.

Maddy
VAMPEERZ discussion 26 Mar 23:38
Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

God they're so fucking cute together. This just is a sweet treat, like that icecream.

Maddy
Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

One of the best time travel stories ever? Maybe?
I'm happy this ending doesn't feel sad. I needed a little sugar after BocchiMou's ending...

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

God dammit Neji, I should have expected the sadness but I was so hoping for more sweetness...
At least the next R18 book is still there. I'm so glad to have been introduced to this series and Neji as an author, definitely going to throw money and fanart their way. Not enough monstergirl yuri, and not enough of it that has a sad/happy ending. There's so much to say, but more than anything... so so sweet. I love this manga.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

Mmmm. Drama. Taaastyyy.

I like the notion that forcing sex between them wasn't what they needed, just being together was.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

This is so fulfilling I'm expecting them to have a baby at the end of it.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

For me, it's not about the rapey stuff. It's that in ABO-verse, alpha women have dicks and can (usually) be masculine without repercussions. For me as an nb butch, that's actually hitting my gender euphoria. I read a lot of f/f ABO (and g!p) and it's really the only time I've felt like I've seen myself in fiction.

In ABO, it feels like that's not what it is, that it can be the protective, nurturing, soft parts of masculinity without being divorced from the rough and powerful (the sex).

This 100%. F/F ABO, at least in my experience, is a lot more flexible about the dynamics between the Alpha and Omega than het ABO seems to be. Masculinity and femininity as they are in our society take less overt roles and are replaced by the secondary gender characteristics instead, which can feel really supportive especially when it comes to G!P stuff.

What I actually meant, is that ABO gives an option for story beatts that in real world we these days recogninse as super problematic, but still many find titilating- see 90% of romance novels. It gives charactesr a pass for being drama queens (I'm in rut! I'm not thinking rationally!), possesive (I'm your alpha/beta), and also fulfills the promise of forever-partners (I believe that's what marking is, though not sure, I only know omegaverse from ocasional manga/manhua/manhwa).

This is definitely true for all kinds of ABO, but a lot of the drama related to being an Alpha or an Omega can come with a lot of self-doubt and introspection about those roles, how the characters expect themselves or others to behave because of their roles, stuff like that. But you find that more in written fics probably than mangas etc.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

I felt a bit sick when Makoto described it as an illness, I am not 100% sure why but I am uncomfortable with people who are just different from neurotypical, being described as ill or disabled, even in cases where there is a disability/disorder, I just don't know about calling them as ill, that says that something is wrong with them does it not? That there's something that needs fixing.

In context of the manga, Makoto is pretty much being forced to explain to a bunch of people who have no idea what this kind of thing could be in the simplest terms possible. When talking about dissonance between mental and physical states, the easiest thing that can be understood is saying it's a type of illness. It sucks, but for a long time information about gender and sexuality types have been rooted in heteronormative medical terms and that means it's harder to describe these sorts of things without reverting to outdated explanations.

And, who knows, maybe it was a mistranslation, but without the raws there's no way to tell. I'd also think it'd be dishonest to localize it to be less jarring because the whole situation is supposed to be a bit shocking. Makoto is lying about themself to a bunch of people. There's no softening that up.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

That came out of nowhere, jeez. How deflating, it's not like the ending isn't terrible for what this series is but it's just so sudden that it feels more like a hiatus announcement with flair.

Maddy
Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

I stg if the next chapter has Hino-san avoiding the question super hard and we go back to shenanigans I'm gonna tear my hair out. They need to kisssss!!!! She's lookin at da wips!!! Da wips!!!

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

Man, I'm disappointed, I really wanted to see them get more progressively fucked up and hitting the edge instead of going all the way. I was expecting this kind of ending but I was so hopeful it wouldn't go that way especially with how much setup was going into the other characters. Some others have said it but yeah it felt kind of like a rushed ending... it was definitely coming sooner than later, I was just hoping for that later.

Fuck, it's so sad too to see them both just completely shut down and give in to their most base feelings that are rooted in the backs of their heads... The self-obsession, the hate-love relationship, just.. fuck.

I wish I could feel sad, but I just feel disappointed and sorta lost. Like damn, this could've gone somewhere and instead it just goes "blap, they murder-suicide like you thought." Uuugh, I wanna be thrown for a loop!!

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

Stay winning Tatsubon, stay winning.
I'm so glad to see them finally get here, aaaah!!!

Maddy
Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

I am yet again disappointed to see that the "Transgender" tag applies to a single trans male and the MC's transness is "just a hobby." It's not the worst thing ever, but, it just would've been nice if they had a family and got married'n'shit while being openly MTF.

Straight crossdressers don't get enough rep, it's true, but a lot of the time female trans characters kinda get shafted in the stories I've read.
Didn't hate it, didn't love it, but it's going into my faves for at least trying. Also, it had some funny panels. The "sniffing the MC gives brain activation" pages were hilarious.

Maddy
Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

This is absolute cotton candy and I love it. Just straight-up shaggin'.