Forum › Posts by Kollie79

joined Jun 21, 2021

I've always found it kind of weird that writers don't know what to do with a story once "getting together," happens. In my experience, even when people get together and have a healthy relationship, life doesn't stop being life. The troubles they face just aren't them fighting amongst themselves.

I think it’s a lot to do with the chase or the notion of how or will they won’t they that keeps people vested. This is something that is prevent across pretty much every culture, it’s like an unspoken writing rule to not let your couple get together until the end of a story. I think there’s some tangible data for sitcoms ratings dropping as well once the main couple get together.

As for the bra thing…it’s said it was past midnight when they went to bed, so maybe she didn’t properly get ready to sleep and crashed, or she’s still super self conscious around Ayaka for some reason

joined Jun 21, 2021

I give up. It does not even have plots anymore.

its been slice of life since they started dating...what do you people want from it? forced drama?

and there is plot, they disccused like 3 different things they both hope to do/figure out in the near future.

joined Jun 21, 2021

I thought I knew what was about to happen a few pages in…and I Might’ve been right with any other series lol.

It’s so crazy to think how far these characters have come, I wish more series were able to go on this long with the little slice of life stuff post leads getting tougher.

Idk how much longer this series will last, but I’ll enjoy it every step of the way

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

Go after her! Tell her she cost you your future and now she owes you hers so the two of you can get married and scissor happily ever after!!! Man I hope the angst train only lasts one chapter... My heart won't be able to take an extended dramatic take of them not talking for more than two chapters. I hope this prompts an actual confession complete with a kiss so it cannot be negated by either party!

This is definitely what leads to the confessions, I can’t see this situation being resolved any other way.

The question is how much we’ll get after, 7 more chapters for a 4th volume would definitely be a pretty healthy run for the series, but I want more >.<

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

This is kinda default the worst chapter of the manga on the simple fact that it is forced drama that’s largely been avoided so well.

That’s not to say this isn’t a bit overdue, we were obviously going to circle back around to their first encounter, and truthfully Mashiro found out in a pretty brutal way with the sisters saying Nagisa was depressed for awhile.

But at the same time, this was a bit of a dramatic reaction, mashiro hasn’t really ever struck me as someone who runs from stuff like this, and it’s frankly gotta messed up after everything Nagisa has done for her that she couldn’t at least hear her out at all. I would’ve preferred if she at least stuck around to hear more and it just went in one ear and out the other over her just running like that.

I’m really curious how this is gonna play out though in terms of pacing, next week is the final chapter for this volume, so it’s either gonna end on a decent cliffhanger setting up them making up next volume, or it won’t waste time in them clearing up the air.

I’m guessing mashiro is gonna skip school, and Nagisa is gonna be bummed and spend the chapter getting advice and motivation on how to handle the Situation.

Either way this is more and more looking a series that is gonna end after they get together probably, which is a bummer cause I just want to get time with them as an actual couple >_< can’t defy the lonely girl has definitely spoiled me

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

Maybe it’s my own personal self esteem, but idk I wouldn’t be jonesing to have a three some with my past self lol

That being said, I think the real story of this series is quite endearing. Underneath the absurd horniness it’s a story about someone who loved another for 10 years, and was genuinely sad to see that persons dreams not come true, and worked to change that when she was given the chance.

There could be no horny in the final chapter and I’d be fine with it, I’m truly just looking forward to seeing them both together and happy in the future

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

And while I don't want to talk about this because it's clear that the logic of the story is in the negative, but how on earth did she adapt to living in the past? Did she sleep at the school, what about eating, bathing, etc? Also did people not find her identity card odd, considering that it's been 10 years and it's changed considerably since then?

its literally explained in the 2nd chapter, she got a job at a small cafe and was allowed to live on the 2nd floor, the lady probably felt bad for her and thought she might have been running away from a bad situation, its not that deep

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

I just saw chap 26 raws and it's coming what everyone or some were asking 3some. Tho sad to say this manga came to its end in chapter 27. And It seems she went back to the future

Looks like i need to prepare my heart for this. T_T

Right like damn I didn’t even know we were a few chapters behind and now I hear this…

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

Gonna have to reread this series to refresh myself since it’s been so long. thank you translation team!

joined Jun 21, 2021

Well it looks like this manga is now officially localized as I'm in Love With the Vilainness. I thought once an official translation was available Dynasty deleted/took the chapters down.

The mangas been localized for a minute and the light novels even longer. I’m glad we’re drilling getting translations, I support the series officially but it’s brutal waiting for english volume releases.

Although every month the manga chapters throw me off because I read the English light novels first and have some names slightly different lol

joined Jun 21, 2021

I definitly appericate the extra costumes and hairstyles we get from the manga, I remember thinking that back when rae had her hair in the bun when they were doing the ghost stake out, and she looks great here

joined Jun 21, 2021

I continue to be the only one who actually enjoys the drama shiho brings lol

joined Jun 21, 2021

Not much between our two leads, but still a very solid chapter

joined Jun 21, 2021

I’ve never understood the abundant praise this story used to get, it never really seemed all that special.

Same, this series has never managed to crack even my top 5 ongoing Yuri. The art is good and it’s solid, but idk it’s always felt like it’s missing that one thing to really spice it up.

I’m clearly in the minority that likes Shiho, but even I’ll admit if feels like we’ve been building up to the school festival band competition for an eternity. This is the only series I’m currently keeping up with that I just can’t remember any details about the plot, damn near every chapter feels like nothing gets accomplished

Kollie79
Liberty discussion 28 Feb 12:12
joined Jun 21, 2021

Damn that definitely wasn’t worth the 3 month wait.

Im not sure why people are so bent out of shape I’ve the “worthy of Liz line” it’s completely realistic for someone with low self esteem to have this kinda horrible logic.

I don’t think the series is gonna commit to this being true, and this misunderstanding was put there so Liz doesn’t just get to fixed the situation, she’s going to be out through the ringer now.

Like I get peoples issues with the series writing, but I’m not convinced the creator actually thinks what maki thinks is true

joined Jun 21, 2021

I can’t overstate how happy I am this seires didn’t end after the couple got together. It’s been so refreshing actually getting to see them develop as a couple and just live their lives, and not enough series get to do that.

Really wish this would get picked up for an English release

joined Jun 21, 2021

I guess in the end Airi's selfishness was the real villain all along

Well, when you see Airi in the state that she is towards the end, you'd hardly picture her as a villain. Maybe a more appropriate takeaway is that we should throw away our need to categorize, instead, being understanding that different people have different circumstances. Airi's situation was in a downward spiral, and many people could have stepped in to pull her out, but they never did.

Personally, I see a poignant message to seek help for mental health. Because though we'd like to believe things will get better, sometimes they don't. Sometimes you end up at a point where there is no getting better, and the best thing is to be proactive and nip it at the bud.

I think calling something that drives you to suicide could be classified as a villain. It’s not like it’s blaming Airi, it’s acknowledging there is this other force she clearly doesn’t have a handle on that’s caused most if not all the issues in the series. Airi isn’t the villain, this uncontrolled aspect of her is.

I do agree with you on the mental health thing, it’s really sad to see her mind working against her so aggressively in this last chapter, something that professional help definitely could’ve done wonders for instead of her wasting away until Hina broke the camels back.

I find myself more laying blame at her parents specifically, letting her just not go to school for so long was absurd already, but seeing where the spiral ended makes it all the more obvious they should’ve stepped in and attempted to get her some kinda help.

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 12:41AM

joined Jun 21, 2021

The real sad thing is an autopsy will reveal Airi was strangled, so eventually when they are found Hina is gonna take all the blame.

Granted she’s obviously not blameless, but you know what I mean, the details of how and why probably won’t be relayed back to the families

joined Jun 21, 2021

And here it is…really sad ending, it’s quite something to see how both of them got worse in real time. It’s crazy to the think the true catalyst to this downward spiral was Airi and her obsession with how she was perceived at school, it’s genuinely pretty sad to see her so co dependent.

I’m once again forced to wonder how much was left in the cutting room floor, it feels kinda weird for the penultimate chapter to have been almost entirely focused on the girls back at school, I guess that just sets up that the crazy drama girl is gonna keep sinking her teeth into her latest target for the foreseeable future lol

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

Seriously gotta thank the translation team for getting these chapters out so fast for this series.

This was a really cute chapter, this is seriously my favorite ongoing yuri manga right now.

Which brings up my concern…it feels like we’re meandering just a bit…in 2 chapters we’ll be the end of volume 3 and if something big doesn’t happen….

I just desperately don’t want this to be a Yuri series that ends when the leads get together, I want some time to actually see them interacting as an official couple….please

And I really don’t like the class president story line, I’m sick of exploring student/adult romance….but at least the nurse is showing some self control, a lesser series would’ve had them in a full on relationship

last edited at Feb 24, 2022 4:54PM

joined Jun 21, 2021

I think a lot of people sadly just lack the ability to empathize or understand something that isn’t tangible and right in their face, if something intangible goes against a persons belief it’s just a natural defense mechanism to ignore it or deny it, people aren’t willing to have their world views tested or expanded by the unknown

joined Jun 21, 2021

Aye nice to see fresh eyes taking a look at this series now that it’s got the Yuri tag here, it’s got a lot of potential.

joined Jun 21, 2021

Damnit I couldn’t stop myself from reading the spoilers here -.- but I’m not terribly surprised, I’ll be interested in seeing it though

Kollie79
Distortion discussion 20 Feb 04:06
joined Jun 21, 2021

Welp guess I’ll use this series to fill the void “my girlfriends not here today” left in me lol

joined Jun 21, 2021

Here’s the deal. The editor went on BREAK break, like hiatus. So zero ETA on future chapters. I offered to pick it up in the interim but we are so far behind on Semelparous the TL wants to catch up on that as opposed to dropping it entirely. So that’s where it stands. If Semel gets caught up and the og KyouKano editor is still on hiatus I’ll be switching over to it.

I had a feeling this happened, you hate to see it, how many chapters are you guys behind on Semelparous?

Either way it’s nice to hear that one way or another someone will be interested in translating this series again EVENTUALLY. All I can do is wait patiently I guess